• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump’s voter-fraud commission wants to know info of every voter in the U.S.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Maybe eventually. But remember, this data doesn't show for whom they voted. They'll go for the low hanging fruit first. Bob Smith requires more info before you can confidently strike him off. But find as many Terrell Smiths as you can, and just remove them all with no further info...

It asks for voting history. If you have registered Democrat for a decade it's unlikely you have not voted Democrat the vast majority of the time.

adj_noun

A portion of the letter sent to Connecticut:

Dear Secretary Merrill,

I serve as the Vice Chair for the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity
(”Commission"), which was formed pursuant to Executive Order 13799 of May 11, 2017.

The Commission is charged with studying the registration and voting processes used in federal electionsand submitting a report o the President of the United States that identifies laws, rules, policies, activities, strategies, and practices that enhance or undermine the American people's confidence in the integrity of federal elections processes.

As the Commission begins it work, I invite you to contribute your views and recommendations throughout this process.

In particular:

What changes, if any, to federal election laws would you recommend to enhance the integrity of federal elections?

How can the Commission support state and local election administrators with regard to
information technology security and vulnerabilities?

What laws, policies, or other issues hinder your ability to ensure the integrity of elections you administer?
What evidence or information do you have regarding instances of voter fraud or
registration fraud in your state?
What convictions for election-related crimes have occurred in your state since the
November 2000 federal election?
What recommendations do you have for preventing voter intimidation or disenfranchisement?
What other issues do you believe the Commission should consider?

In addition, in order for the Commission to fully analyze vulnerabilities and issues related to voter registration and voting, I am requesting that you provide to the Commission the publicly-available voter roll data for Connecticut, including,if publicly available under the laws of your state, the full first and last names of all registrants, middle names or initials if available, addresses, dates of birth, political party(if recorded in your state), last four digits of social security number if available, voter history (elections voted in) from 2006 onward, active/inactive status, cancelled status, information regarding any felony convictions, information regarding voter registration in another state, information regarding military status, and overseas citizen information.

Ponn

Banned
Creating a voter fraud commission on an election you won. Still coming to grips with that, our President right here.

Are we still going on about this? Trump isn't a mastermind. His administration is doing shady shit constantly. Him acting like a petulant brat and going on Twitter is just what he does in addition to all that. It's not some act designed to distract. He's just that shitty a person.

Oh, I don't know. Trump is an imbecile, and he may not be specifically intending to distract, but that doesn't mean there's no correlation. He throws a tantrum whenever he feels badmouthed, for one. And news outlets routinely inform the White House before they run stories.

But there may be intent. Projection is Trump's thing, above all, so there's certainly a correlation between what he accuses others of doing and what he's done.

What is the endgame here?

For decades democrats have done a better job at keeping voter files than republicans. Its why Obama was able to provide such an amazing grassroots campaign. You would be utterly amazed at the info many of these groups have on voters, but republicans have substantially lagged behind in this area. So if all of this information is public knowledge, one of the few advantages democrats have during election season will be considered moot.

It asks for voting history. If you have registered Democrat for a decade it's unlikely you have not voted Democrat the vast majority of the time.

Yes. That's exactly what I said in my first post. You need cross reference data to guess the voter's actual cast votes, and even then, it's still just a guess (even if a very easy one). Not to downplay this scummy shit. Just stating facts.

Voter suppression.

I really doubt that or any other ulterior motivation is it. This is Trump being paranoid and doing ridiculous things because of his paranoia. Rather than spend his time running the country, he's going to follow every rabbit-trail he can that has any relevance to the election, obama, etc. -- any issue he's obsessed with, which is many.

Not

Banned
This is why more white people need to fucking get off their ass and vote against Trump in 2018. To put the fear of God in their heart, that they can't even blame the Mexicans and "blacks."

cameron

Kentucky SoS rejects request from Trump Election Commission: "Kentucky will not aid a commission that is at best a waste of taxpayer money."

— Kyle Griffin‏ (@kylegriffin1) June 29, 2017

"I do not intend to release Kentuckians' sensitive personal data to the fed. gov't." — Sec. Grimes

Statement on Pres. Commission request:
IHdOARO.jpg
— Alison L. Grimes‏ (@KySecofState) June 29, 2017

Zubz

Banned
The states need to hammer down on this; the thought of them having my info for Gerrymandering purposes is terrifying.

Dr. Worm

Banned
For decades democrats have done a better job at keeping voter files than republicans. Its why Obama was able to provide such an amazing grassroots campaign. You would be utterly amazed at the info many of these groups have on voters, but republicans have substantially lagged behind in this area. So if all of this information is public knowledge, one of the few advantages democrats have during election season will be considered moot.

The Democrats' information extends far beyond the data in the voter rolls.

hawk2025

CA will always be blue, purely symbolic. This is the scary shit now cause it maps out the ground game for the Russians on the next election and allows gerrymandering to happen. Voting will no longer matter in this country. This is why the investigation needs to hurry because more years of the current trend and all confidence will be lost. Time to visit the shooting range.

How the fuck is refusing to give the data purely symbolic?

It's the *exact opposite* of symbolic, it's a direct action to protect the data of millions of people.

Jesus, some of you guys are so quick to the bedwetting woe-is-me that you don't even take a second to think about what you are saying.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I told some Trump fans about this and they refuse to believe me.
Will be funny to hear them regurgitate Fox News talking points about why states resisting this are bad, while still not believing that this is happening.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Sure let me go ahead and hand information over to an administration that leaks like a strainer. I'm sure nothing nefarious will happen at all.

theWB27

How the fuck is refusing to give the data purely symbolic?

It's the *exact opposite* of symbolic, it's a direct action to protect the data of millions of people.

Jesus, some of you guys are so quick to the bedwetting woe-is-me that you don't even take a second to think about what you are saying.

Gotta keep painting that doomsday scenario.

Kentucky SoS rejects request from Trump Election Commission: "Kentucky will not aid a commission that is at best a waste of taxpayer money."

— Kyle Griffin‏ (@kylegriffin1) June 29, 2017

"I do not intend to release Kentuckians' sensitive personal data to the fed. gov't." — Sec. Grimes

Statement on Pres. Commission request:

— Alison L. Grimes‏ (@KySecofState) June 29, 2017

LOL when Kentucky tells you to go fuck yourself...

I'll have to remember to call up my governor in the morning about this shit.

And I encourage everyone who is even lurking this topic to do the same. Straight down the line of your state legislator, make sure to ruin your politicians day with messages, emails, and calls about this. Not just one day but once a week or every day if you can. There are multiple ways to find out your governors' senators;, etc. contact information. Even if you're in a blue state & your governor is a Democrat who "you're certain won't go along with Trump's agenda" contact them and make sure they know you're a constituent who not only despises this ploy by Trump but will hold them accountable if they don't plan to firmly take a stand in the name of your state's citizens.

benjipwns

Banned
Why not just ask the RNC for it? They probably already have the data since it's public record and they'd want it anyway.

Though it's not like you even need accurate data for your commission that's supposed to come to a pre-determined conclusion anyway. Just do samples, it's good enough for the Census.

LOL when Kentucky tells you to go fuck yourself...
She was also the Democratic candidate who ran against Mitch McConnell in 2014.

The states need to hammer down on this; the thought of them having my info for Gerrymandering purposes is terrifying.
The states are the ones who will be doing the gerrymandering and already have your info.

benjipwns

Banned
Just a matter of time before he mandates nightly news shame those people that didn't vote for him

It's fucked up that we even have to hope that shaming is the least of the "punishment" he'd inflict on the people who had the gall to not grant him the popular vote.

It's public information, but it has to be requested through official channels. It's not a simple lookup.

Technically you can pull it from every board of elections website in the country, but there's no standard interface.

Just because something is required by law to be made public doesn't mean it is required to be assimilated into a federal database.

Top Bottom