• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wal-mart says hot toy list emerging....

Jewbacca

Banned
Wal-Mart is retarded.

I-Dog
Fisher Price - Star Station
Furby
Fly (electronic learning device and more)
Video/Chat/Camera-Now Line

and thats just stuff off the top of my head, no one can keep these items on the shelves.

Edit - Walmart does have these listed except the starstation, however Walmart is still retarded and I hope they fail again this year.

MightyHedgehog said:
Tamagotchis and Furbies have come back?!
My 6-year-old niece says everyone at school is playing with Tamagotchis. My local Wal-Mart was sold out of them last weekend and didn't know when they'd be getting another shipment.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
trippingmartian said:
Tamagotchis are popular right now apparently.

Yep yep at KB Toys we sell a ton of those things. I was surprised as well, but for whatever reason virtual pets came back about 6 months ago. There was actually a Tamigotchi shortage in the summer, and we had moms driving 100 miles to buy 20+ Tamigotchis at $14.99 a piece.

The new Tamigotchis have some wireless connect feature, so they can play with each other and I think even breed. But I might be thinking of another virtual pet on that last feature, a couple of other companies have pumped out some other wireless virtual pets to keep up with Bandai.

Same thing with Furby. Same product, with a few new features. The new Furby has several facial expressions, which are reactions to things the kids say to them. So if you tell Furby you don't want to be his friend, he will make a sad face. Very fucking creepy...

It does seem like the Xbox 360 is the hot toy for this Christmas. I'm just not sure if anyone below the age of 12 cares...most of the calls we get about a product are for the Xbox 360, but they mostly sound like males in their mid 20s, so I assume that 360 is for them. :)

The Dora Talking Kitchen is also a hot item this Christmas, lots of demand for that.

jet1911

Same thing with Furby. Same product, with a few new features. The new Furby has several facial expressions, which are reactions to things the kids say to them. So if you tell Furby you don't want to be his friend, he will make a sad face. Very fucking creepy...

"You me friends...HUH??"

Stupid thing.

donny2112

Reuters said:
... and Hasbro's updated version of Furby, which comes with voice recognition technology and makes facial expressions. Unlike earlier versions, the new Furby has an "off" switch.

The previous Furby could be turned off. It just took a complex series of actions that, once you successfully pulled it off, made you never want to turn the Furby back on. :)

Top Bottom