• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

Shaqazooloo

any reason why 3D vtubers are getting fitted with LiVE2D versions?

I'm not a fan honestly. Kind of makes Melody and Silvervale pretty generic.

I don't like the 2D change for either of them, maybe I'm too used to them having 3D models but I thought Vaibae's new look was good. Something about the 2D look for those two just makes them look weird imo.

Stitch

Gold Member
kiara is singing german anime songs right now :D

unarchived of course :messenger_crying:
edit: wait, this wasn't live, she restreamed her old karaoke lol

Last edited:
I'm not a fan honestly. Kind of makes Melody and Silvervale pretty generic.

I don't like the 2D change for either of them, maybe I'm too used to them having 3D models but I thought Vaibae's new look was good. Something about the 2D look for those two just makes them look weird imo.

I was never really loved those models (liked them even less after hearing about the drama Melody had to go through) but I understood that was now their character, that was what the fans knew as them. Not sure why they went Live2D even for Hololive 3D is a special goal special event that takes going into the studio at HQ for.

So I was wondering if live2d made it easier for collabs or joining FAN CON events or something, or was it a chance to soften the designs.

it did not seem to me like the girls had a harder time being 3D I think some of the Hololive girls never was Live2D (MIKO)

or maybe it was to break clean of the original artists.

I find myself watching more and more Jp streams now that they all have a chance to interact with EN during streams

fans call Kronii an NPC because she is on every JP minecraft stream hanging out addicted to the game but won't stream it

Sora

Last edited:
I think if Gura really knew the source of this meme she would not think it cute

after seeing the original none youtube Zone version, I hope they don't make an 18+ Gura version
but with so many millions of views to gain I doubt they will care ZONE seems very bitter about the backlash she got from the ANKHA fans.

My Nijisanji EN3 opinions:

Enna - She is amazing! She has a huge voice range, consequently is really good at singing, but also the way she is talking is really enjoyable. Will look forward to more from her.

Nina - Bleh, do not like her. She tries the mature woman style like Kronii, but her humour just doesn't match mine at all. And I don't like how she presented herself as someone who only joined because she's too lazy to work. Feels like she only joined because she's such a big Nijisanji Vtuber fan and wanted to meet them lol.

Reimu - Neutral on her, she doesn't seem very interesting but not bad either. I'm curious that she likes horror games the most. Will try some of the horror streams I think to form better opinion.

Millie - She is good. Not as enjoyable to listen to as Enna, but she made a really long high-effort intro video (not by herself though, so no Haachama alternative) that was really funny and her interests all perfectly match with my own. Want to watch some more of her.

Last edited:
this is different normally the CON panels are on twitch not youtube

Gura spent the night after Metroid Dread trying to get the Emi timing right then she saw it was 30 minutes to her Shion collab lol did not sleep at all before a panel she should be out of it by now

not sure why Ina's youtube stream never went online live

Last edited:
I got to say I found GURA+SHION super entertaining and wholesome there are now so many clips of that collab all very funny.

Every comment has been positive.

I do find it strange that vtubers have this type of story line where they pretend to be in love with each other. And the fans eat it up.
I was not expecting Gura to follow through so strongly but Shion also held her own. She puts a lot of effort into Gifts for Gura.

Aqua is super chill and stays quiet about the whole saga. But fans are pushing the NTR hard.

Last edited:
I need this puzzle solved

Gura wrote many of the fortunes in that box many of the fans think she did write that one. I would like to know for sure.
I think it is a sour point during the date. I think it hurts Gura more than it did Shion.

Gura was not the only one writing fortunes for that box Calli wrote some as well as some other members.

I just noticed that Pekora actually overtook Korone and now has the highest subscriptions in Hololive JP.
With Calli putting on some strong pressure it is good to see all of them move up
besides Pekora has been very active doing sneak collabs with EN members so many clips it is impossible for her not to get more fans

Aqua is back on Minecraft she is so cute

clip

Last edited:
wow Council has it so easy

took a long time for Miko to warm up to EN MyTH
well most of them speak Japanese in Council

Polka a fan of HOPE

40 minutes of clips lol

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
If you try subscribe to that channel it should ask if you want to use your free prime subscription. There should be a checkbox or something like that. You can subscribe to a channel for free every month with prime.

I can't test it right now because I already used my subscription for PPOMODOLI :messenger_smirking:

everyone is on Minecraft polka is making the best of it. I miss ID but they are also busy building their server before it is connected to JP EN

so this collab should be cute since they all like playing Minecraft now

hopefully these 3 become a unit

Top Bottom