• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

Stitch

Gold Member
Bought The Henry Stickmin Collection today and already played it for an hour. It's pretty good.

Also nice review on Steam haha

cYVP1TI.png

How did the Henry game end up on everyone's list? That trend is not over.

also now I know why Aqua makes so much bank her fans are supper upper class

I'm glad the artist can also be vtubers because the creation aspect is something I'm interested in.

Last edited:
Hololive girls are addicted to this creature

not only do they play the same games but they often go after the same things

today is FBK's turn to search for UPA LUPA

I first saw it because Ina went on a long hunt for it after she saw them on the JP server at Summer Fest

Clips

Last edited:
Because it's the best game to stream. Very high demand. Some smaller Vtubers tripled their subscriber counts with just one video of this!
That is intense that one video of the right game can triple your sub count, good for them.

I am not sure how I feel about IRyS reaching 222k subs right now without any videos. HoloEN is insane.
If she is EN version of AZKi she won't be hurting for subs like AKZi.

kinda makes sense since most of the talent have been talking about her in JP ID and EN streams.

SAlso leaks are showing up. Hmmm seems like a test stream on her channel that got clipped could also explain the surge of subs

Last edited:

Polka is harsh

where is my Bayonetta 2 Ina?

Fubuki is obsessed with trying to get a BLEW UPA Lupa (blue) very rare you can only breed them
all the girls are building breeding farms to get Blue.

Last edited:
Let me start promoting a little more AZKi because I'm starting to feel bad.

here is something special coming for her during a Youtube Music Fest - a Google thing in Japan for 7/16

I say I feel bad because most of her content does not get over 100K views unless she has a collab or special event her sub count is 477K
I want to support the JP vsinger.

Calli also got an invite for this same music fest

Sora also invited

trying to find which IDOL type talents got this invite

Should have expected her

I'll have to check everyone but Suisei does not have an invite, I was sure she had enough music
no Watame what the hell.

Okay found a better way to search by the tag to see who was invited at this link

Some people are using the tag to get views but you can see the real musical talent that has been invited.
Hololive JP Channel has the rest of the music so I guess the one's that don't have a solo invite will be featured from the Hololive channel

Ouh only Holostars but he is the best imo

that other team

Last edited:
I'm not a very big fan of a particular Vtuber and don't really invest much into them, but I strangely get some unexpected attention just by posting on youtube occassionally lol.

For example Kiara hearted one of my comments in her community tab (it's the only one she hearted on the topic).

these two have already insulted British people (Gura saying a slang she should not use)

So far it has been Gura pushing the limits and Kiara saying sorry to the viewers

they are going too far

Twitter verification being dished out to vtubers is a good thing, not everyone get their check marks yet but it can only help them

Last edited:
it is bad to be the owner of the only Blue UPA LUPA on the server

everyone is getting ideas

even Pekora said Fubuki's blue Upa wants to go home with her

hopefully Gatcha crazy Ina does not hear of this

hmmm she sold food made from Flare's bathwater

Last edited:
like zero minutes lol

103 million views on that and counting lol

expecting people not to recognize her is like asking us not to recognize HanaKana or something

her OP was super hype btw, seriously full anime production values there it's crazy

lol well hopefully she is happy with her new job and makes lots of new friends

Wow she got found out this fast because, she replied with old account while having tweet conversation on new account. Ouch.
She must have been super nervous. Hopefully she gest no Bonks.

Well she also privated most of the videos on her old youtube channel so it was already pretty suspicious. I absolutely hate this practice btw. She's a pretty big deal I don't know if they really expect people not to realize? It's been the first result when searching Renai Circulation for a long time. Like if Vin Diesel started Holostars EN are we just supposed to pretend we don't know?

VTubing culture is fucking weird about this shit.

I'm super happy for her, though! She's worked hard for a long time 💎
yeah there are some stupid practices in the vtuber community. But Hololive English is very important to Cover Corp.
Both Gura and Calli were big deals as far as one was grinding her rap for a few years and had fans and the other was a viral virus.
They made the transition and carried over extra subs with that. To be fair a lot of damage and serious issues can come from too much info about these girls going public. If someone is going to drop $10,000 on a vtuber for her Birthday, I would not want that fan to know her name and address no matter how harmless he might be.

I agree her fans knew what was coming when she took time off and videos started going private.

IRyS now has all the resources she needs to get her own original album, as a vSinger what she left behind will payoff big time.

Besides most fans see these hidden knowledge mess as a meme. It is all an open secret. I have to admit I like her February 2021 debut design better. The IRyS design is almost like designs other companies would go with, super detailed but not as cute.

She will have a few months ahead to grow into her role. Her old fans know the Hololive rules clear enough.

Next is EN Gen 2, I don't want these transitions to become a problem for any of the new talent coming in, like it took out Aloe.

See this is what I'm talking about. You're jumping to doxxing just for knowing previous personas that have had hundreds of millions of views. It's ridiculous and frankly insulting to the public's intelligence. Not directed at you personally, but just in general I see these comments all the time and it's like... everyone knows? It's super duper obvious to anyone familiar with the matter. I'm mainly referring to the subreddits or twitter dogpiles.

Like I'll gladly play pretend in their channels and streams, it's a lot of fun actually, but I hate when they scrub previous work from the internet that they put a lot of time and effort into and that fans really enjoy.

The "taxpayers" spam in her debut chat got very annoying by the end, and it also doesn't make sense for anyone outside of the US that has no idea what the IRS even is. Personally I liked "Nephamily" but I have bad taste so who knows.
You have your own experiences and viewpoints to draw your opinions on. I won't take your reply personal. If you are intelligent enough to think for yourself you should not feel insulted that someone else thinks differently than you do.

IMO, when we are talking about Hololive their backward practices stem from their own culture of doing things. We have already lost Aloe, Coco, and maybe Haachama to the choices Cover Corp have made in the past year and a half. Still I think you are taking one side of the question and calling it insulting is a bit of an overreaction as much as deleting artists hard work from their old channels. There is never an absolute moral truth position to any topic, only stupid people on keyboard thinking what they think is all that matters. The reality of things is never that simple. I don't think the only issue is doxxing alone, just simple trolling, and cancel culture is enough to make business difficult for a company like Hololive.

Reddit, Twitter, and Discord have a different set of issues than the 2-chan / 4-chan spinoffs that take things to a whole new level.
Vtubing should not have all of that bullshit as a concern but seeing people lose their channels over Taiwan is stupid enough. Someone bringing up doxxing should not be an insult to your intelligence. It is called risk assessment.

Hololive has to do business in this mess, it should all be fun, but they had to learn the hard way. I don't agree with how they handled Aloe, Coco, Haachama, and Hololive CN. But from those experiences it is clear to see why they have policies of keeping the talent's private live unconnected to the job. I might not like the fact that Calli can't just pull out one of her old original songs and just have fun with her older fans but this is Hololive's way of doing business.

If you know Hololive has a history of asking artists to private old works or not talk of them and you still apply and join that shit is on you. There is no need for drama on this issue. Doxxing is rare like crime is rare in Japan but when that shit does take place it is ugly and brutal.

Calli gave up much more than IRyS has, but she was also in a position where she did not have to delete works that have already been published.

Last edited:
Ollie had a very interesting Lore stream that got lost in the shuffle

Full VOD

some translated clips, so many holomems pooped up in chat to troll Olivia can't post all clips

I was watching this Risu stream live at the time and had no idea what was making her laugh her ass off

sugar mommy?

Olivia has to get a live 2D too cute for the lore fans

Last edited:
Update Ollie is talking to chat about Olivia saying she can't really continue the lore because everyone in Chat is asking what is going on with other Holomems in Olivia's dimention but Ollie says she only asked ID for permission and does not have permission to create alternate stories for everyone else in Hololive. So as much as the the fans loved the lore for the Human Ollie it might be a one time thing for her.

stream

Ollie really breaks the 4th wall when she does superchat and donation readings

EN Collab

collab

EN vSinger

IRyS songs can be streamed now. They are pretty good. I've only seen one reaction on youtube saying she is the EN vSinger and should have had enflish focused songs. Saying that Hololive does not know how to provide for an English speaking fans.

My take is the only one's I see that pulls off english songs are Calli and Gura. Hololive still pulls from producers and song writers that are in Japan the english parts will always sound weird unless that person can write for the language. Kiara is doing her best but English is not her native language.

Not sure Hololive will tap into western music genres fast enough for some expectations.

IRyS songs are not bad at all though, they had more english than Gura's first original song.

Overtime I expect Hololive EN to become more Japanese centric not less. Ame and Gura might even use more of the language.
I see Hololive EN as a bridge branch they exist to translate some of the idol anime culture to english. They are not going to become English only any time soon. Calli loves JP-Rap, Gura is a true weeb of JP culture. I'm fine with this.

btw this stream was a Calli classic with a lot of clips to come from it

Last edited:

Daciral

Neo Member
I get overwhelmed by the sheer amount of vtubers out there. There are hundreds at this point, not even counting all the small independent vtubers. Honestly it got to the point where I can't enjoy it anymore, there's too much going on.

I get overwhelmed by the sheer amount of vtubers out there. There are hundreds at this point, not even counting all the small independent vtubers. Honestly it got to the point where I can't enjoy it anymore, there's too much going on.
You only have two options in my opinion. Either you dedicate yourself to one Vtuber you like the most and just follow that person or you just seek out very specific content and don't care much about which Vtuber does it.
A mix of both also works.

Trying to really watching everything of every Vtuber really just kills it.

Top Bottom