• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VRR doesn't works with Far Cry 6 on my ps5

yamaci17

fast-sync works btw.

Below max refresh: (locked to 111fps)

above max refresh: (~250fps)

(again, if you notice the screen refreshing unevenly, that is simply because I'm recording at 960fps here and you can quite literally see the screen refreshing from top to bottom)

nice, so vrr works for half life 2 alongside with fast sync and you play smoothly?

Banned
nice, so vrr works for half life 2 alongside with fast sync and you play smoothly?

correct.

but that brings us back to the original topic. on console we don't have that luxury to just enable a driver setting, so I really hope developers actually optimize their games for VRR going forward, as there are some high profile titles out there still struggling

Last edited:

yamaci17

correct.

but that brings us back to the original topic. on console we don't have that luxury to just enable a driver setting, so I really hope developers actually optimize their games for VRR going forward, as there are some high profile titles out there still struggling

you're correct

then again, fc6 should not drop frames at all :messenger_beaming: ubisoft get ur stuff together

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
sorry for the bump but im also getting screen tearing on my LG c1 and the frame rate isn’t dropping past the threshold of vrr so i dont understand why it isn’t working with this game

ToTTenTranz

Banned
sorry for the bump but im also getting screen tearing on my LG c1 and the frame rate isn’t dropping past the threshold of vrr so i dont understand why it isn’t working with this game
If it's tearing then VRR isn't working.

Can you get to the "secret specs menu" of your C1 while you're in-game and check if the refresh rate is changing?

NeonGhost

VRR based, but I'm assuming NeonGhost NeonGhost is talking about Far Cry 6..
Yeah for some reason VRR is just broken with far cry 6 still get full screen tearing even when it drops a few frames people are saying it also happens Xbox series x so definitely a weird problem with the game

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Yeah for some reason VRR is just broken with far cry 6 still get full screen tearing even when it drops a few frames people are saying it also happens Xbox series x so definitely a weird problem with the game
If it's happening on both consoles then it might be something with the TV...

NeonGhost

There's a toggle to enable VRR for "unsupported" games as well, in theory it should work the same as Xbox's, no ?
Yes it’s enabled but some reason screen tearing still occurs believe it has something to do with some kind of frame time stuttering that happens in the game

Bojji

I played it for 10 minutes now, I didn't saw any screen tearing (vrr enabled and forced in old games, LG B2).

NeonGhost

I remember tons of tearing when I played it at launch on non vrr tv. I was driving car the whole time when I tested it.
Yeah still tearing seems to also happen when the world switches weather effects and time of day cycles

Top Bottom