• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video game podcasts?

Last weekend I had to do some dishes, so I decided to load up some Podcasts for ye olde iPod to listen to while washing.

Now I'm listening to them on the drive to and from work.

I queued up:

GameOn!
PS3 Countdown
PSP Podcast
The Video Game Show
Video Game Outsiders

PS3 Countdown was crap. It's like culling PS3 info from GAF, and repeating it - FOR MY EARS! ZOMG! Oh, and playing up Sony / MS drama. You fail at propaganda!

PSP Podcast is freakin' awesome! The guy that hosts it sounds really enthusiastic about the stuff he's playing, and takes the time to point out the niggling things in the games that stick in his craw. I can appreciate that. Then they have a preview section where they talk up upcoming games. I don't even own a PSP, and I wasn't interested in Infected; but the lengthy preview of Infected made it sound really really hot. I just like this one because there's no false controversy or bad attempts at sounding like Howard Stern. The folks hosting it sound genuinely excited about playing PSP games.

The Video Game Show is pretty GAF friendly. All sorts of talking about everything, and I'd put some of the hosts on my ignore list if I had one on my iPod. :p

Listening to Video Game Outsiders now, and it's like a slightly less annoying version of The Video Game Show.

Anybody else wasting time with these damned things?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
yea, I've tried a lot of the same ones. Most aren't very good.

I'd like to hear the PSP Podcast, you have a url or feed address?

Hayami

Banned
1up.com's is good, cept I think Jane likes to hear herself talk.

orange lounge radio is also good, except for the chick on there, who also likes to hear herself talk.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Hayami said:

Seriously, she rambles and rambles. She does have a nice voice though.

The only podcast I listen to on a regular basis is Major Nelson's.

Exis

I listen to Gaming Steve a bit, nothing most GAFFERs would not already know outside of the interviews, and the reviews are sometimes interesting.

-Exis

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Gamingsteve.com is the only podcast worth listening to. This guy has such great insights on the videogame industry, i could listen to him talk about this stuff for hours.

Okay, Video Game Outsiders is all Xbot'd out. It's three Xbots, two dudes, one gal. Blackdog is one of the guys and seems unusually sensible when compared to most GAF based Xbots. He's a PC gamer and didn't cotton to sparing any quarter when an Xbox title fudged something up.

I wanted to throw my iPod out onto the road when the other douchebag suggested MS make clan flags or custom skins available for sale on the Xbox Marketplace. Hello! Custom item and character editors in the game! Why do morons like this exist? Christ, it's like suggesting Activision remove the park creator from THPS and start fucking charging you for custom parks. >:|

In fact, I hope Activision does that for the Xbox versions of THPS; because Xbox fans deserve all the rape they can get.

Picture the Burger King here, grinning at you, while that slow voice over says:

"Rape, piled on top of rape, on rape!"

bkjoe15.jpg

Other than that, if you're an Xbot I'd suggest you check out this podcast. Then again, I'm a sucker for inane rambling; and these folks seemed rather gifted at that.

I'm not keen on checking out commercial site podcasts as commercial sites can suck an ass. It won't be long before they start slapping restraining orders on smaller podcasters for exclusive podcast reviews and such; just like they did with game previews and such. >:|

I have as much use for 1up and Gamespot as I have for a third ear.

I'll check out Gamingsteve.com.

So far PGrevolution is the winnar!

Are there any good GBA and PS2 podcasts?

God damn, Gaming Steve is pretty damn good so far. He's lasted three episodes on my iPod. :p

The Video Game Show is off the subscription list. These guys are morons - like Junior Members with a Podcast.

Which made me think - Panajev needs to be exploited, err I mean have a super high level tech talk podcast. But who could be his co-hosts? :D

Matlock

Banned
Hayami said:

*nods*

I haven't been able to take her seriously since she shoved a rez vibrator into her groin and posted it on the internet.

1up is decent, although yes, jen does like to hear herself talk, she can have a soothing voice at times.

GameSpot is the only way to go if you ask me based on what i've heard. very entertaining conversations, and they get news covered at the same time.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
The Take Out Bandit said:
God damn, Gaming Steve is pretty damn good so far. He's lasted three episodes on my iPod. :p
THANK YOU... It feels good to see this guy finally getting some props.

Top Bottom