• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice President of writing leaves Rockstar Games after 16 years

Gambit2483

I hope gta6 won't shy away from real life parody-critic writing. If the game is releasing next year maybe the narrative work is already done.
I believe the script is usually one of the first things to be finished in movie and game production. Then voice acting after that. His contributions are most likely finished with this game.

Ubisoft also has thousands of developers and their games are brown ass shit so no...Talent does matter!!! and it did matter for Rockstar as well so as much as people try to downplay it people like Bensies,Houser brothers or devs who've been with a company for 16 damn years leaving the company WILL have an impact on the products the company creates.How much of an impact remains to be seen.
Ubisoft doesn't have thousands of employees working on one game. And I don't think it is all that complicated what Rockstar needs to do to make GTA 6 amazing. It mostly comes down to giving the developers time needed to refine the game

Hate to sound cynical, but how do these guys go from doing earth-shattering masterpieces like RDR2 to games that look like cheap rip-offs of PS2 GTA3 from 20 years ago.
I know that his post of videos was misleading, but considering well known creatives like Cliffy B. and David Jaffe and what they did after both GoW series, budget is everything, and it means much more than a consumer realizes when it comes to how grand a game will end up looking and/or playing, when it is the first factor to have an effect.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I hope that won't negatively influence GTA VI.
Even thou writing can be changed in the last minute of development, the big picture doesn't, and chances are the game is in the final touches, so nothing to worry in this department

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Definitely, bad opinions and Wolfenstein young blood notwithstanding.
All they needed to do was make deals to bring over the Brutal Doom mod in some package form and i'd of died happy :messenger_sunglasses:

B05sSVJ.gif

Not Neon coloured platform jumpathon Mario with weird DLC skins :messenger_face_steam:

Some of music was top tier though.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Not saying that this is what happened in this case; in studios who pay post launch performance residuals (money for a game selling well or hitting a Metacritic range) in order to quality for that program you need to pass certain development milestones.

For example you could get a 25% of the residual for your position if you complete your specific discipline work past the Alpha phase of development.
Could just be they finished up their dev roadmap and after 16 years decided to take that money and retire or whatever.

Not everything has to be siliceous...

Movie Laughing GIF by Star Wars

(reserved in case some shit storm to blows up around this departure)

amigastar

Doom Eternal, pants (It's not Doom, it just isnt)
Wolfenstein 2, a bit pants
Wolfenstein young blood, utter pants

Going great I guess :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal were awesome imo (see? Opinions, it's that easy) :messenger_tongue:
My point is Doom 2016 and Eternal were a success and thats a fact and in my opinion good games.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal were awesome imo (see? Opinions, it's that easy) :messenger_tongue:
My point is Doom 2016 and Eternal were a success and thats a fact and in my opinion good games.

Were the awesome or good? If you carried on for a third sentence would they have been merely "ok"? And what about a fourth...oh my.

Donno why people think that all these people quit because they are jumping some disaster ship. The guy was a vice president, he earned millions and millions, he couldnt care less to oversee the newest GTA release. Guy probably wants a break and enjoy his wealth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom