• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vertical video has won

Durask

Canon's latest camera costing $5,500 will have the option

9 x 16 Vertical Capture
Use the 1/4"-20 tripod thread built into the grip to position the EOS C70 for vertical use when capturing images for digital signage or mobile device use. For easier viewing, the user interface can also be switched for vertical use.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
They should just make the phone camera record in cropped landscape when vertical unless you select portrait mode. Whenever I record portrait it's because something is happening right now and I just click record.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
my phone does not allow me to record in portrait mode. the camera hardware has been rotated to record while holding the phone in portrait mode, but it records in 16:9, and if i rotate the phone, it says that i cant record unless i hold the phone in portrait mode. this completely eliminates the stupid portrait videos.

Kev Kev

a1BAZbP.gif

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Well they are just trying to survive. I respect the hustle. I don’t personally like it. But I respect it non the less. Yes canon some rando on a forum respects the hustle. You may sleep easy now.

Also with that price you could buy like two maybe three iPhone 12 pro and duct tape them all together vertically for super awesome. Best ever photo ever (until the next iPhone comes out)

Your move canon your move.

Last edited:
Top Bottom