• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venom Trailer #3 Introduces More Symbiotes

No, Carnage wasn't shown.

https://www.cbr.com/venom-movie-trailer-3/
The third trailer has arrived for director Ruben Fleischer’s Venom, which — as promised — provides a fuller look at the title character, and introduces additional symbiotes.

Although we already knew the film draws heavily from the 1993 Marvel Comics miniseries Venom: Lethal Predator, this trailer underscores those story elements, with a Life Foundation fixated on a world on the brink of collapse, and a symbiote/human hybrid as the next step in evolution. But, hey, what we’re really here for are the other symbiotes — and the new footage gives us those, too.

The 2:19 mark gives us what appears to be Riz Ahmed as Riot, and the female EMT is presumably either Scream or Agony. That would leave Phage, Lasher and either Scream or Agony from the Venom “offspring” introduced in Lethal Protector. And we can’t forget Carnage, who is in all likelihood being reserved for the film itself — and maybe then, only to set up a sequel.

Interestingly enough, three trailers in, and nearly two months from Venom‘s release, we still don’t have a more concrete plot synopsis than, “One of Marvel’s most enigmatic, complex and badass characters comes to the big screen, starring Academy Award-nominated actor Tom Hardy as the lethal protector Venom.”

Last edited:

A.Romero

I love Tom Hardy and the effects look good. I'm not sure how I feel about a Venom without Spiderman.

I'll watch the movie for sure but I'm not full of hype (Although I rather have a so-so Venom movie than no movie at all).

oagboghi2

Does Tom Hardy have an accent or something? There is a lot of stuff he said I didn't understand.

Like at the end, what does he say? "I have a power to save"?

McCheese

Not feeling it at all. Was that an attempt at humor at the end?

Also disappointed they reveal who the villain is/becomes in the second trailer. I mean, it's somewhat obvious they were probably going to go that route, but having it confirmed before I've even seen the film is pretty shitty.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

I wish this was a Spider-Man movie. Venom movie without him doesn't feel right and isn't as interesting. Homecoming wasn't very good in my opinion.

Well, it's already over 6 million views now. I'm excited (I read the comics back in the day too for what it's worth). Definitely seeing it opening weekend.

manfestival

I am excited for the movie. It does look slightly off to me but there is so much to be excited about that I am like... meh so wat

Top Bottom