• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valheim has sold 12 million copies worldwide

Draugoth

Gold Member
valheim-1-1080x600.jpg

During its annual general meeting, Embracer revealed that Valheim has sold 12 million copies worldwide since its release over two years ago.

Valheim originally released in Early Access in February 2021, and reached 3 million sales in within as many weeks. By April 2022, Iron Gate Studio's survival game has reached 10 million copies, and is still in Early Access at time of writing. In March 2023, the game released on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.

When the 10 million benchmark was hit, publisher Coffee Stain (an Embracer subsidiary) said it had begun to look at Valheim as a potential franchise "over the next decade."

Outside of Valheim, Embracer also highlighted the sales of Ghost Ship Games' Deep Rock Galactic, which has reached 7 million copies. Unlike Valheim, the multiplayer shooter released on PC, Xbox (both the One and Series X|S), and PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.

Last edited:

LRKD

Crazy the game was really fun, but the slow updates and support really sucks. I'd refund it if I could just because with the number of sales they made it's clear they aren't putting that money to good use.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I’ve heard Valheim is a very different game from when I played it years ago.

Might have to revisit it at some point, but I’m happy for the team. It was a hit well before Embracer came along.

Good. Most fun ive had in years. Such an excellent game. Wife and i roll a server world after work to detox. You can go hard or just zen out and build sick shit and fish. So good.

Curious how / if the Unity news will affect them.

Last edited:
I’ve heard Valheim is a very different game from when I played it years ago.

Might have to revisit it at some point, but I’m happy for the team. It was a hit well before Embracer came along.
yeah me and my bro got to the plains, the last boss area. We were about to build a big old base when we decided well take a break and finish the game when it's all done. I wonder how different it really is. Great memories.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
yeah me and my bro got to the plains, the last boss area. We were about to build a big old base when we decided well take a break and finish the game when it's all done. I wonder how different it really is. Great memories.

The plains is where I left off as well. I know they released a new Biome, The Mistlands, as well as new things to craft and farm. From what I’ve heard there’s a good bit more besides that.

Top Bottom