• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Mario Kart -> EU WiFi USB. Will it work?

Kato

Did a search but came up with nothing. The question is like the topic header sez. Will Mario Kart DS US work on an EU Nintendo WiFi USB Connector?

Or is the connector the same globally? Maybe some early EU karters can help me out here..

Kato

Well that's what I am not sure of :)
My gut tells me if I can play any region game on any region system the connector will be the same, but just in case there seems to be a difference I just wanna be sure before I buy it..

Kiddo

my us-game has german text, cause my ds is set to german, so i guess its only one cart worldwide anyway.

so i think you shouldn't worry.

Kiddo said:
my us-game has german text, cause my ds is set to german, so i guess its only one cart worldwide anyway.
Yeah, heard that too. So the delay was propably just to save the servers from crashing (which they did anyways)

2 Days remaining... (maybe less :])

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
The Wifi Connector works with the AU version of the Game... No reason why it should'nt.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Kiddo said:

so i think you shouldn't worry.

how does that work? you will only get the german text if the game has the german txt in there? or does it do a straight babelfish like translation of every word? Do you mean just for menus, or cutscenes etc?

Blackbird

Wasn't Animal Crossing:Wild World confirmed to be region-dependant for WiFi? As in: owners of the Japanese version can't play US versions?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
callous said:

not such a dumb idea if you consider I was mainly meaning menu items and such. I mean, if the languages are already in there why would it take so long to get a euro version out? (see kirby: power paintbrush)

E-Nature

computer stuff is worldwide standardized. (games are a difference, though)
so don't worry about any standardized stuff!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ninja Dom said:
Gaybrush is the European Nintendo WiFi connector going to be available in stores on Friday (UK) or is it Online only like in the US???

according to my local gamestore here in Amsterdam, the dongle, mariokart, sonic and kirby should all be instore on friday. when I said "how much for the dongle" he said "uh, 40 euro i think" he looked a little unsure but it will be close to that. so yeah, same price as a game for the dongle :( still i've already got tony hawks so I need it bad..

Top Bottom