• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal Engine 5 - Showcase Trailer

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
cant wait for next gen 20 fps on console and PC stutter shader compilation

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I bet you can't articulate why you prefer those engines to UE or any other engine. Do you even know what separates the ones you listed?
I really like the art style of RE-Engine's facial expressions.

2) Fox Engine is the best in realism and motion capture, like what The Phantom pain did.

3) From the realistic of the characters of Death Stranding and Killzone I prefer Decima Engine, besides the vast open world with details.

4) Cry engine is cutting edge graphics... You just have to see Crysis.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
I really like the art style of RE-Engine's facial expressions.

2) Fox Engine is the best in realism and motion capture, like what The Phantom pain did.

3) From the realistic of the characters of Death Stranding and Killzone I prefer Decima Engine, besides the vast open world with details.

4) Cry engine is cutting edge graphics... You just have to see Crysis.
So you don't know...got it.
  1. Aside from the Resident Evil and DMC games, the RE engine has been used to make games like Monster Hunter Rise and Ghosts & Goblins. Those games aren't exactly known for their facial expressions. Also, I'll say this again, Engine does not dictate art style. Fortnite, FF7 Remake, Gears, Freaking Yoshi, all those are UE games and they all have different art styles.

2. Fox Engine has been used to make more soccer games than Metal Gear games. Those games aren't more realistic than the EA soccer games. Those soccer games are now being made using Frostbite - an engine that was originally developed for Battlefield(realistic military FPS) that is now being used to make racing games, sports games, strategy games, Anthem, and whatever genre Plants vs Zombie is. All different types of games.
    Also, motion capture is done outside of a game engine. The data is then imported.

3. I don't know what to say to your point about Decima. Open world games with realistic looking characters come out every year

4. Has there been a noteworthy CryEngine game in the last ten years? Aside the modified version Star Citizen is using today, I can't think of a game that came out recently running on CryEngine

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Unreal Engine 5.2 represents the latest evolution of the next-gen technology that will power the new wave of games starting this year with Fortnite, Immortals of Aveum, Lords of the Fallen and Stalker 2. In this video, Alex goes into depth on the latest additions to the engine, tests out the latest procedural generation systems, hardware and software Lumen, CPU performance and... a potential cure for #StutterStruggle? Or at least, the beginnings of one...

Hudo

unfortunate that Unreal doesn't do anything to facilitate more experimentation in game design. Better/more interesting AI as a major component that should be as important as their renderer. And also sound, for some reason, Epic doesn't seem to give a shit about sound. Their stuff is barebones for an engine in 2023.

Not really unreal engine with the complexity of frontiers of Pandora would break ps5, look at lords of fallen linear game look shit compared to outlaws frontiers of Pandora, wait until ubisoft comes swinging with ac red too
they are all good for what they are. unreal is probably the most advanced

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

The engine was clearly not ready for the gen. Feels a bit like a wasted one. By the time devs flex into UE5 with nanite and Lumen in a very meaningful way, silicon for next gen will already have started production.

stickkidsam

So you don't know...got it.
  1. Aside from the Resident Evil and DMC games, the RE engine has been used to make games like Monster Hunter Rise and Ghosts & Goblins. Those games aren't exactly known for their facial expressions. Also, I'll say this again, Engine does not dictate art style. Fortnite, FF7 Remake, Gears, Freaking Yoshi, all those are UE games and they all have different art styles.

2. Fox Engine has been used to make more soccer games than Metal Gear games. Those games aren't more realistic than the EA soccer games. Those soccer games are now being made using Frostbite - an engine that was originally developed for Battlefield(realistic military FPS) that is now being used to make racing games, sports games, strategy games, Anthem, and whatever genre Plants vs Zombie is. All different types of games.
    Also, motion capture is done outside of a game engine. The data is then imported.

3. I don't know what to say to your point about Decima. Open world games with realistic looking characters come out every year

4. Has there been a noteworthy CryEngine game in the last ten years? Aside the modified version Star Citizen is using today, I can't think of a game that came out recently running on CryEngine
Wanna try actually explaining the differences? People might actually learn something.

saintjules

Hurts my eyes...

I can see that

444286.jpg

Top Bottom