• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal 2004 faster than Quake IV wtf?!

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Long time quaker that stopped playing a little after quake 3 came out due to having a crappy machine. So i got into unreal 2004 about a year ago. which i always hated with a passion because of the shitty art and corny weapons, at least thats what i thought. So I started playing quake IV my god it felt so slow and so limiting, it was so weird. I guess i got used to double jumping and jump strafing across the maps in a blink of the eye. Anyway i guess i just have to get used to good ol fashioned quake again.

raYne

Unreal games were pretty much always faster. Speed adrenaline upgrades and different character stats in Unreal versus strafe jumping in Quake..

Plus there's the double jumping and wall bouncing etc.

ShowDog

Ya UT 2004 is a very fast game and I believe I heard in an interview that for UT 2007 the developers are looking to slow it down and lessen the amount of double and triple jumps and whatnot, makeing it feel more like the original UT.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
teepo said:
nothing can touch the original quake in speed.

Quake 3 Rocket Arena?

If you become good at Rocket Arena, you become godly in UT. man...

*downloads rocket arena*

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
DopeyFish said:
Rocket Arena 3 is so good it should be it's own game!

QFT. I have a Halo 2 gametype that plays almost exactly like rocket arena (well, at least is structured that way), but everytime I try and make people play it, they get pissed and leave.

Syb

StoOgE said:
QFT. I have a Halo 2 gametype that plays almost exactly like rocket arena (well, at least is structured that way), but everytime I try and make people play it, they get pissed and leave.

Add me to your Friends List, I'd be up for some sometime.

GT - InfernalEternal

Top Bottom