• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 has been played by over 37 million players

I can only imagine Uncharted 5 on ps5 , with the screen busy like Rachet and Clank drift apart.
For me it goes as follows
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 4
Uncharted 3
Uncharted 1

yurinka

I want an Uncharted 5, but without hating white male characters. Would be nice to see ND making games where they aren't all either bad guys or dumb guys (or get tortured and killed even if being a main character), as they did before Lost Legacy.

Give me an Uncharetd 5 with a part with Nathan and the girl, with a big part of flashbacks where Nathan remembers some of his first adventures with Sully. BTW, Uncharted 4 and TLOU2 were too long. Make Uncharted 5 shorter (around 15-20 hours long for main story, add 33%-50% extra time more for secondary stuff and platinum).

And well, a free PS5 upgrade with 60fps and if possible at native 4K for TLOU2 and Unharted 4 would be great btw.

P.S.: There is nothing wrong with having attractive 'normative' women in the game.

Last edited:

Vick

The timing for this is insane, i've replayed the game after years this very week and was over with it yesterday, on Chapter 5 of TLL right now.

Still by far my favorite controlling third person game in existence, motion matching and responsiveness here are at an absolute peak and vastly superior to TLOUII for some reason. It plays like a dream and animations are literal perfection.

Story is great and same for the script, some sequences like the auction are just mindblowingly good in their direction, Rafe is an utterly amazing villain and Nadine also works most of the time, incredible performances from every single member of the cast.
Sure, the game would have benefited from being a shorter, more condensed and replayable experience like the previous ones, but i feel ND were terrified by The Order: 1886 reviews so tried to distanciate themselves as much as possible from it, and in the end, being the last Drake adventure (hopefully not) i can't complain for more playtime with him.

Graphically, it's still the most inconsistent game i've ever played. The HDR, tone mapping, color grading, all make for a visually stunning presentation that made me appreaciate my plasma more than ever. But if most of the time it's a damn straight pre-rendered movie (especially thanks to their GI solution and God tier PBR and SSS) and therefore the best looking game i've seen to this day along with The Order, TLOUII and P.T., too many times in the open areas it shamelessly shows bordeline N64 geometry, with awful use of normal maps or texture in general to mitigate it.
It is known that ND textures are all hand painted but while the artistry and resolution is more than commendable, they were over confident here. It's like they didn't care, they had their perfect lighting, characters, animations, vegetation, AO, Temporal AA and all the little technical feats and thought they could afford old gen shapes with cartoony textures on top (climbable edges, for instance) because the thing would have looked great regardless due to the "paintery" style and their tech pipeline. And they were wrong, because it's super jarring to have photorealistic characters, vegetation and lighting in the same frame of sharp edges and low poly mountains on the horizon.
Luckily this is mostly true for the more open areas, which are not common, but playing The Lost Legacy made it clear that they received this same feedback from more than one person because most of these issues are completely solved in the "DLC". A night and day difference.

Now they just HAVE to release a PS5 patch for both U4 and TLL.
A remaster is out of question, like Bluepoint shown Naughty Dog games just can't be remastered without downgrading things here and there, it would be an absolutely momumental task to even just deal with the literally thousands of assets/textures, and since picture quality is unbeatable as is (not referring to IQ) a remaster would either look the same and have people complain or look worse, because you can't improve on what's shown here.
Upgrading geometry would be impossible because that's how they designed this massive game, so just unlock the framerate and if possible increase the resolution. They could introduce self shadowing hair and that would be awesome, but it's extremely unlikely.
If there's just one thing i'd like to see changed BAD however, and was due to technical limitations, would be to reintroduce their absolutely mindblowing and still unbeaten volumetric shadows on water into Chapter 17.
Or at the very least the downgraded version of them seen in TLL, just let me part with those awful pixelated shadows in Chapter 17, please..

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
2 set the precedence for how most big story games are set up till this day. large set pieces, deep story, and fun gameplay. only thing that sucked about the ps3 uncharted games was the gunplay.

after replaying 2 and 4 the cake still goes to 2 for making story games what they are today.
Sorry. Understanding what the game did for the franchise and comparing it are different things. Yes I remember how impressive it was when it came out but shooting and bullet sponge enemies sucked ass. This was kinda fixed in the remaster though

Valentino

They could just as easily have been cheering for Uncharted itself, and PlayStation fans cheering for a PlayStation game at PSX isn’t a barometer of anything

The game hardly rocked the boat with sales figures. It never really charted wel anywhere and Naughty Dog have never spoken about how it sold

If her first game had been a big hit I might agree with you, but continuing on with her after what was likely a sales flop makes no sense
Aw let’s not down play Chloe all of a sudden. There’s a reason Chloe got her own game. They had ideas for Sully and Sam but reasons to use Chloe outweighed the latter 2 characters. She was a major hitter right from the get go and players were gutted when she dipped in U3 and never showed up in U4. It was a DLC idea that grew too big and became a spin off title instead. The 8 months it had from reveal to release, and it’s advertising budget is going to make a difference.

i'm one of those and i can't remember what the hell happened in it. seriously. the only thing it had going for it were the graphics and then only during cutscenes. in gameplay it was nothing special.

lost legacy now that was a fun memorable game that actually tried something different. that's by far the better game imo.

Last edited:
Tried doing a second playthrough this year with my wife. Kinda got bored about 6 hours into it. It still looks great, but it is boring as shit. None in the series has topped what they accomplished with Uncharted 2. Hopefully they will just keep the franchise dead instead of a reboot. Killing henchmen #4592 gets old fast.

Lost legacy was ok, better than 4, but that felt like it was good because it was a smaller game and more focused on delivering a good experience in the confines of a small sandbox, whereas 4 kept trying to up the ante and it's bombastic-ness felt flat as a result.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

I fell off at uncharted 2, the gameplay and story just didn’t capture me. Platinumed the first one tho. Was my first platinum on ps3

skit_data

I was gonna replay the Bluepoint remasters the other day and started by playing the first. It starts to feel ridiculous when you realize you’ve probably killed 150 people in the first 2 hours and that Nate must be facing a small army.

I’ll probably just move on to the second.

Top Bottom