• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF: Xbox 360 Arcade - £98

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/zavvi-drops-xbox-360-price-to-98

Zavvi drops Xbox 360 price to £98

Entertainment retailer Zavvi has dropped the price of the Xbox 360 Arcade unit to GBP 97.64 in the UK.

The chain, which is facing supply issues following the collapse of distribution business EUK, is also selling the Premium Xbox 360 for GBP 127.22 and the Elite 120GB unit for GBP 195.73.

PlayStation 3 hardware is also benefiting from a price cut and an additional reduction in VAT, now carrying a price tag of GBP 264.

The company has 125 stores in the UK, but is still unable to offer products via its website, and in-store staff have stopped selling gift cards to customers.

"Due to this ongoing situation we are currently unable to provide the high level of service we aim to deliver to our customers, and have temporarily suspended taking online orders until the supply situation is resolved," said the retailer of its ongoing supply problems.

Kosma

Banned
Shit, that is really insane. There's an Zavvi on Churchill Square right outside my office.

I wanted to buy an 360 controller to hook up to my laptop, but the controller costs £25, so for £75 more I'd get an 360 too :S

Is there any game included for this price? cause I saw £129 packs with ME.

mr_bishiuk said:
how does cutting the price help with supply problems?

They usually do a lot of bundle deals, but since the software supply is sketchy they have decided to sell them 'Au Natural' as it were.

Zavvi have also suspended software sales on their website. Nice time of year to be doing that :/

industrian

sionyboy said:
Zavvi have also suspended software sales on their website. Nice time of year to be doing that :/

I just noticed that.

Woolworths hitting the shit really fucked the high street up.

Shit, I'd bite.

CEX are currently offering £90+ cash and £100+ trade for Wii Fit btw... I won't be parting with mine because I like it (and because its also my mums!) but hey, its money towards a 360 to someone!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
mr_bishiuk said:
how does cutting the price help with supply problems?
They used to bundle the console with games, but thanks to Woolies subsiduary Entertainment UK going under, they've got a shortage of games on their hands.

Frankly, £100 for a 360 is almost impulse buy territory.
sionyboy said:
I'm sure the execs at Zavvi are cursing Woolworths right about now.

Dabanton

Meh it's still not low enough i'm going to wait until the 360 has completely stopped failing that means for me that i must not hear about a single 360 failing worldwide or i won't buy one.

usual reaction for people "still on the fence" about getting a 360 and "waiting" for the next,next,next update then they'll definitely get one oh yes...

painey

word on the grapevine is Zavvi might collapse very shortly. Not a problem for the 360 as when it breaks you can just send it to MS, but be wary of buying anything else from there.

Dabanton

painey said:
word on the grapevine is Zavvi might collapse very shortly. Not a problem for the 360 as when it breaks you can just send it to MS, but be wary of buying anything else from there.

Yeah i've been reading that they are on the edge.

Sanjay

Wow, this would put the Arcade at $150, its cheaper to buy from the UK then America. How times have changed :)

Kosma

Banned
Sanjay said:
Wow, this would put the Arcade at $150, its cheaper to buy from the UK then America. How times have changed :)

Yeah stupid Brittons should have got the Euro (it has fallen 25% over the last year)

Now everything I earn here is worth shit :/

$h@d0w

Does PC World or any other similar store do price match? It might be possible to get these consoles down even more.

R0nn

A colleague of mine bought an Arcade (Jasper model) for €119 last friday. Absolutely insane! You can't even get a DS for that price.

Gav

$h@d0w said:
Does PC World or any other similar store do price match? It might be possible to get these consoles down even more.

PC WORLD WEBSITE
We check our prices against major retailers and websites every day so you can buy with confidence.

If you find a lower price for the same product and offer, we'll reduce our price by 110% of the difference – even up to 7 days after purchase!

This applies to prices offered by retailers within 30 miles of your local PC World store.

The product must be identical, in stock and available for immediate home delivery in one of the retailers detailed below - single unit purchases only.

This price promise applies to:
Argos, Comet, Jessops, Tesco, John Lewis, Asda, B&Q, Game Gamestation, Halfords, HMV, Maplin, Staples, Toys R Us, Zavvi, Woolworths.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Kosma said:
Is there any game included for this price? cause I saw £129 packs with ME.

No, but at current prices, you could probably buy this Arcade system plus a cheap copy of Mass Effect from elsewhere for less than £110.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I noticed this in Ireland too, PS3 is 350 in Zavvi now, 360 has dropped too. All 'while stocks last'.

I dunno if it's the best place to buy depending on what you wanna get with either system, though, since other places are doing some pretty killer bundles. Not sure if Zavvi is, and including the price cuts in those bundles?

Between this and the 17 billion pounds they must have spent on advertising in the UK over the last 3 months, Microsoft are either insane or amazing. I can't decide.

industrian

Dabanton said:
Meh it's still not low enough i'm going to wait until the 360 has completely stopped failing that means for me that i must not hear about a single 360 failing worldwide or i won't buy one.

usual reaction for people "still on the fence" about getting a 360 and "waiting" for the next,next,next update then they'll definitely get one oh yes...

As of yesterday my only excuse is lack of employment.

Top Bottom