• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tupac released ANOTHER album?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok what the fuck? I was browsing around Itunes and noticed that 2pac has ANOTHER new album that just came out like last week? Something fishy has to be going on. Are they just recycling vocals from old songs and putting them to new beats? Or did this guy really record that much original material?

methodman

Banned
None of these new cd's are old material, it is all new shit that we have never heard. Didn't you ever hear about his recording spree where he spent like 12 hours doing like 20 songs a day, for like 2 weeks when he just got out of jail?

Also Interscope decided it would be cool for a dead persons spoekn words to be rearranged to say things like, 'What's up G-Unit' Shady etc.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Tupac would go into the studio and record for quite literally the entire day -- getting as many as 40 songs done at one point. They were all recorded to a metronome so no beats were produced during the time of him recording vocals. All of the beats are, obviously, being done today. There's still more crap out there, btw. There's a rough estimate of how many vocal tracks he recorded, I don't remember what it was.

Pimpwerx

Fresh Prince said:
Also Interscope decided it would be cool for a dead persons spoekn words to be rearranged to say things like, 'What's up G-Unit' Shady etc.
Are you serious? o_O Did the genius behind that decision also tapdance on his grave? :( PEACE.

milking.jpg

pnjtony

All these releases might have something to do with his estate and contract fullfillment. After the Sublime guy died they released a bunch of crappy demos and shit to fullfill his contract...same with Nirvana

Teddman

The best posthostumous Tupac release is the first one (not counting the Makaveli album, which was entirely produced while he was alive), R U Still Down? It's actually a very solid double CD, and mostly includes songs from his early days that were finished before he died.

The guy put out like 12 albums in 5 years. Someone who writes that much is likely to be a perfectionist, who has written A LOT more than what was ever released while he was in control what happened to his own material. I'm sure he recorded an awful lot of shit that never got finished or that he didn't like that now, someone, somewhere is putting the final touches onto or releasing the shit Tupac would not have...

or something...

I just think if the guy had 12 albums in few years that he has an awful lot of shit he recorded and didn't like. Now there's nobody to stop that from being released.

DMczaf

Fresh Prince said:

WTF? :lol What song is this?

Tarazet

12 albums in 5 years = 12 hours of 2-minute songs = somewhere in the vicinity of 400 songs. That's a fucking lot.

DJ Sl4m

Awesome, I'll have to pick it up.

I'm not into his slower music at all, but the ones where was enraged about being shot at are absolutely classics in my eyes.

Not only were his songs spitually moving considering he sang about knowing he was going to die soon, and made no bones about it.
His songs litterally tell the tale of his legacy, the way he flows and usues so many different styles in his music is what drew me in, but you could litterally feel how powerfully driven he was in his music.

Even his lesser attempts at songs are better than 99% of anyone elses IMO.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Tha Row/Death Row is putting out anther Pac album out early next year AND a box set with all his Death Row albums.

jobber said:
Tha Row/Death Row is putting out anther Pac album out early next year AND a box set with all his Death Row albums.
It's weird how little time he spent with Tha Row ( I think 9 months or something) in the end that's on the first things you will hear of if you mention Tupac.

Triumph

Banned
I'm convinced dude isn't dead. I think he's living somewhere in Indiana, with his roommates Elvis, JFK and Salman Rushdie.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
pnjtony said:
All these releases might have something to do with his estate and contract fullfillment. After the Sublime guy died they released a bunch of crappy demos and shit to fullfill his contract...same with Nirvana

It has nothing to do with that. When he died, he only had 1 CD to do for Deathrow/Interscope. It has to do with his mom trying to "keep his legacy alive", and the people surrounding her trying to milk Tupac for everything he has. All of the songs on this CD have been making the rounds around the internet for years and now Interscope thinks they can replace beats, add G-Unit and things will be lovely. But infact the new and improved tracks have all been worse than the original material the had to work with.

kevm3

Disgusting. Eminem produced nearly all of the beats and G-Unit is all over the album. Disgusting.

Did you know there is also a Makavelli clothing line out now? Fuck Afeni.

kevm3 said:
Disgusting. Eminem produced nearly all of the beats and G-Unit is all over the album. Disgusting.

Did you know there is also a Makavelli clothing line out now? Fuck Afeni.

I think if there's anyone that Tupac would approve of living off his name, it would be his mother. The rest of it is a combination cash-grab for Death Row and idol worship from Em and his camp. He's transifxed on Tupac's scrotum. It's scary. Tha Row just haven't had a marketable artist since Pac's passing, so they continue to milk his icon status for all it's worth. Sad scenario, really..

Teddman

I recall Tupac mentioning in both songs and interviews that part of the reason he was recording so much material was that he didn't expect to live long, and this way he'd be sure his family would be provided for no matter what happened to him. No joke; so all the "new" albums you see are in a way part of a plan he had... Eerie.

Shinobi

Fresh Prince said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Ned Flanders said:
I think if there's anyone that Tupac would approve of living off his name, it would be his mother.

Yes, because God forbid she might do something do make a mark on her own, using her own name, with her own time and possibly her own money.

I'm sorry, but every time another new Tupac album surfaces, I think she's beating the hell out of her son's corpse. And don't tell me it's just a cash grab for Interscope, when Afeni's listed as executive producer. She's not dumb, keeping her son's legacy alive also keeps the money coming in. She could just as easily said that her son's work that was previously released is his legacy, and that's that. But that wouldn't sell as many records, would it?

Now, don't get me wrong, if she wants to do it, that's fine. But I don't have to like her for it.

pnjtony said:

details?

goodcow

mightynine said:
Yes, because God forbid she might do something do make a mark on her own, using her own name, with her own time and possibly her own money.

I'm sorry, but every time another new Tupac album surfaces, I think she's beating the hell out of her son's corpse. And don't tell me it's just a cash grab for Interscope, when Afeni's listed as executive producer. She's not dumb, keeping her son's legacy alive also keeps the money coming in. She could just as easily said that her son's work that was previously released is his legacy, and that's that. But that wouldn't sell as many records, would it?

Now, don't get me wrong, if she wants to do it, that's fine. But I don't have to like her for it.

Write her a letter and see if she responds. (and this isn't sarcasm)

1st Born

Don't be fooled. Tupac is still alive.

Better Dayz (the double cd from a year or two ago) is the best 2-Pac album I have heard, since 7 Day Theory.

mightynine said:

I understand where you're coming from, as I too tire of seeing album after posthumous album come out every year to the tune of profits for many people who Pac wouldn't give a dime to, but you have to understand that he gave his mother his blessing. It's akin to saying that my mother is a bitch for cremating my corpse when I left explicit instructions to do so in my will. We also are not in a position to call her motivations into question. Perhaps she does want the money as much as anything, or perhaps she is genuinely concerned with keeping his legacy alive for people who didn't have the opportunity to be exposed to his music/message during his lifetime.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
1st Born said:
Don't be fooled. Tupac is still alive.

Better Dayz (the double cd from a year or two ago) is the best 2-Pac album I have heard, since 7 Day Theory.

I had all the tracks off the Better Dayz double CD on my hard drive a year after Tupac died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom