• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 10 NEW Games of June 2022

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Looking for a new game release to play on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S/One, and Switch this June? We've got you covered with these release dates.

Diablo Immortal

Platform : PC

Release Date : June 2, 2022

Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course DLC

Platform : PC PS4 Xbox One Switch

Release Date : June 30, 2022

The Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle

Release Date : June 6, 2022

Starship Troopers - Terran Command

Release Date : June 16, 2022

MadiSON

Platform : PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S Switch

Release Date : June 24, 2022

Silt

Platform : PC Switch

Release Date : June 2022

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Platform : Switch

Sonic Origins

Platform : PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S Switch

Release Date : June 23, 2022

Mario Strikers: Battle League

Release Date : June 10, 2022

The Quarry

Platform : PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S

BONUS :-

Capcom Fighting Collection

Platform : PC PS4 Xbox One Switch

Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Platform : PC Switch

Release Date : June 30, 2022

MX vs ATV Legends

Platform : PS4 PC PS5 Xbox One XSX|S

Release Date : Jun 28, 2022

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles

DNF DUEL

Release Date : 28 Jun, 2022

0:00 Intro
0:12 Diablo Immortal
1:33 Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course DLC
2:29 The Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle
3:17 Starship Troopers - Terran Command
4:12 MadiSON
5:04 Silt
6:02 Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
7:06 Sonic Origins
7:57 Mario Strikers: Battle League
9:07 The Quarry
10:52 BONUS

MadiSON for me.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by NBC

I think that's a big nothing for me.

It's possible I may cave on MH: Sunbreak. Haven't touched the game for almost a year though, and usually can't get back in after this long.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Definitely interested in the Quarry. I know everyone wants it to be "better than the Dark Pictures anthology", but I absolutely love the Dark Pictures games. So I'm sure I'll be happy either way.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

With May setting sail in the distance and the scorching glory of June's summer sun peaking over the horizon, there's no better time than now to stay inside and play some cool video games.

June is heating up and bringing a slew of games to wash over you. Kicking the month off is the highly anticipated Diablo Immortal from Blizzard Entertainment and NetEase Games. You all have phones, right? If demon slaying isn't quite your thing then perhaps Demon Slayer Kimetsu might be right up your ally. But really, if the horrors of slaying demons just isn't your thing, perhaps the cinematic horror experience in The Quarry might pique your interest, especially if you're a fan of Until Dawn and The Dark Pictures. Also arriving this month is Starship Troopers. The franchise just can't be put to rest. This strategy game has you fighting bugs under the employ of the Terran Command. Luckily nothing after the original film from 1997 was bad, right? RIGHT?! Sonic fans will be pleased to hear that the wait for Sonic Frontiers will be a litter more bearable knowing that Sonic Origins releases later in the month, allowing you to play the Sonic games of old with fully remastered versions that'll surely kick up a good wave of nostalgia. There are quite a bit more games on their way in June. Be sure to watch the full video to get a look at everything coming your way.

Bragr

Banned
Mario Strikers for sure, I hope the online isn't a lag hell.

And I hope there is something new and creative in the Cuphead DLC, and not just rehashed old ideas.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing for me. In fact, since Wonderlands, I don't have a new game release until Steel Rising in September. If you count DLC/expansions, then I have the Worldslayer expansion for Outriders on June 30th.

DukeNukem00

Banned
Summer looks unusually baren this year. Even may was right now, which was filled with goodies traditionally. This entire year seems weirdly shit and barren. Take out Elden Ring and the first half of the year is pretty much empty.

tmlDan

Summer looks unusually baren this year. Even may was right now, which was filled with goodies traditionally. This entire year seems weirdly shit and barren. Take out Elden Ring and the first half of the year is pretty much empty.
????????????????????? Elden Ring, Horizon FW, Sifu, Pokemon Arceus, GT7....barren eh.

DukeNukem00

Banned
????????????????????? Elden Ring, Horizon FW, Sifu, Pokemon Arceus, GT7....barren eh.

I specifically mention if you take out Elden Ring and the first game you write is Elden Ring. The fact that you have to name shit like Sifu enforced my point. Pokemon ? Now i know you're joking

tmlDan

I specifically mention if you take out Elden Ring and the first game you write is Elden Ring. The fact that you have to name shit like Sifu enforced my point. Pokemon ? Now i know you're joking
you have shitty taste in games, maybe diversify instead of criticize games you haven't played.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Unless something gets announced within the next few months, I won't be getting anything new until Saints Row in August.

Last edited:

DukeNukem00

Banned
you have shitty taste in games, maybe diversify instead of criticize games you haven't played.

Dude, Sifu is a 2 hour indie game. A brawler. When the industry has 150-200 million budgets for its biggest games, if you have to point out a simplistic, one note, 2 hour long indie game, its a sign that the releases arent exactly plentiful. Even so, we're closing the first half of the year, and you pointed out 4 games. As i've said, Elden Ring is fine. Horizon 2 is a bellow average piece of dog shit sequel that was forgotten a week after it came out.

Im talking about solid games. Impactfull games. For example, my favourite year is 2003. Not because its the best, i dont think it is, but because of the wealth of games. The diversity. There was no drought that year. No summer break for games. Right at the start of the year, right in january and february - Sim City 4, Unreal 2, Command&Conquer Generals, Battlefield: 1942: The Road to Rome, Rayman 3, Delta Force, Freelancer, Ghost Recon Raven Shield, Splinter Cell, Silent Hill 2, Praetorians, IGI 2, Vietcong, etc.

These were just a few of the games that came out between january and march. Fucking foundational and genre defining games among them. Now we got fucking Sifu and the highlight of May is Sniper fucking Elite 5, the same rehashed low budget shit since 2005

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

June is usually known as the month of big game reveals and announcements, what with State of Play, the Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase, PC Gaming Show and Summer Game Fest coming up.

But there are still plenty of games, big and small, releasing this month that warrant your attention. Let's take a look at 15 of them here.

#1 Diablo Immortal. June 2nd.
#2 The Quarry. June 10th.
#3 Sonic Origins. June 23rd.
#4 Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak. June 30th.
#5 Silt. June 1st.
#6 Metal Max Xeno Reborn. June 10th.
#7 Outriders Worldslayer. June 30th.
#8 MX Vs ATV Legends. June 26th.
#9 Deliver Us The Moon. June 23rd.
#10 Cuphead DLC. June 30th.
#11 Maddison. June 24th.
#12 DNF Duel. June 10th.
#13 Redout 2. June 16th.
#14 Demonslayer The Hinokami Chronicles. June 10th.
#15 Disgaea 6 Complete. June 28th.

Last edited:

NahaNago

Probably just that capcom collection but most likely next week since I bought a few of switch games in the last 2 days, and I'd like to get through maybe 2 of them before I buy anything else.

Top Bottom