• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too much screen time seems to be dangerous for health, what do you do about it ?

On my current pair of glasses, I got a blue light blocker installed on them.
It has been a godsend for my eyesight. No more strained eyes from staring at a screen all day.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's more the sedentary nature of our screen dominated lives that cause most of the health issues. Beyond eye strain, or too much screen time in the evening causing sleep problems etc.

I just try to get up and move around at least once an hour (be it at work, or gaming/tv/tablet use etc. at home), exercise regularly--including outdoors stuff like runs, walks, bike rides etc. and eat decent to offset having a lot of desk time at work and gaming and tv/movies being big hobbies.

norm9

Go outside. Read a book. Take a nap. Talk to a real life human. Those are the activities that can help with overexposure to screens and the eventual jaundiced look, crooked posture, and meme obsession that develops.

Google

Does it change something about what you see from the glasses? Like a blue filter or something ?

It's kind of like a tint. You can barely recognise the colour change but it mutes a lot of the eye strain I get when using a computer. It's a big deal when I put on glasses that dont have it.

Unit 33

I used to have real bad eyestrain, since my both my jobs require staring carefully at a screen.
Flux has seemingly resolved that for now, but I'm sure there's some kind of lingering health issue I'll find out about in a decade.

Top Bottom