• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy’s The Division Heartland is a new F2P game coming to PC in 2021-2022

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
3827552-screenshot2021-05-06at12.14.29pm.png

Ubisoft has announced a new free to play Tom Clancy’s The Division game, Tom Clancy’s The Division Heartland.
Tom Clancy’s The Division Heartland is being developed by the Red Storm studio, and will be coming to PC in 2021-2022.

Unfortunately, we don’t have enough information about this game.
According to Ubisoft, Heartland is a standalone game that doesn’t require previous experience with the series. Moreover, it will provide an all new perspective on the universe in a new setting.

Players can signup for its early test phase here.

Lastly, Ubisoft claimed that it will release more content for The Division 2 in 2021.
Additionally, the game currently has over 40 million players on all platforms.

Update: some gameplay has leaked

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Ubisoft has announced a new free to play Tom Clancy’s The Division game, Tom Clancy’s The Division Heartland.
Tom Clancy’s The Division Heartland is being developed by the Red Storm studio, and will be coming to PC in 2021-2022.

According to Ubisoft, Heartland is a standalone game that doesn’t require previous experience with the series. Moreover, it will provide an all new perspective on the universe in a new setting.

Lastly, Ubisoft claimed that it will release more content for The Division 2 in 2021.

It's coming to consoles as well.

EDMIX

Are people still playing the Division games?

yup, lots.

I never really got into it, but I respect Ubisoft for their continued support of it, all the fixes they made in part 2 and how honest they were following The Division 1's reveal. Like giving a beta to show people what the final game will look like and making a statement to only show titles that are near completion instead of really, really early.

They handled the situation pretty good.

I wish I had time to care more about the series as a few of my friends play it religiously. I think I would have LOVED this game 15 years ago lol I just don't have the time, but will pay attention to what they do with this. I trust they can pull off a free to play if its anything like the other Division games.

ultrazilla

Give me all the MICROTRANSACTIONS!! :messenger_poop:

VigilantAdventurousBelugawhale-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Holammer

"Heartland"? Is that an excuse to bring down development costs?
Just a few mountains, rivers... Plop a few houses and you're done. No complex towns with shitloads of geometry and modelling required.

man ho wi wish this was true. division 1 was great, 2 sucked ass and on 2 i cant find anyone to play with on PC. its sad..fucking sad.
:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: This has to be a heap of bullshit

On Topic: I'm down for any Division games or content. Can't get enough of Division 2. Looking forward to the next entry.

Last edited:

salva

Remember when Red Storm created the most tactical, realistic shooters.
Will we ever get a true sequel to the original Ghost Recon and early Rainbow Six games?

OP literally states it has 40 million players.

That's how many "players they have". So, characters that players have created. There's 0% chance the number of active players is even close to that number, even combining all of the platforms together.

Last edited:

yurinka

I liked the fist one very much, I have the 2nd one and still have to play it like many other games I have in my backlog. But I want to play it some day.

Lanrutcon

f2p?

I'm sure this game will be quality and the microtransactions won't influence things like balancing, progression and endgame.

Also: I'm the queen of Spain and my cat invented the Microwave.

Shmunter

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: This has to be a heap of bullshit

On Topic: I'm down for any Division games or content. Can't get enough of Division 2. Looking forward to the next entry.
No shortage of people on PS4/5. Always a few in safe houses and regular calls for assistance etc.

Just finished New York and about to wrap up all the stuff open now in main world.

TheMan

He’s right if you’re looking for people to coop thorough story missions on low levels it’s tough. I think most people still playing are vets in the endgame

Last edited:

wipeout364

My gut instinct tells me this will be DOA. Ubisoft is too harsh with their micro transactions and progression and will screw it up or it will be a garbage tier game like hyperscape.

Ubisoft always comes across as you should be grateful for what they do for you, I don’t think that vibe sells in FTP land. In FTP it’s more like : I can’t believe all this stuff you are giving me I want to help support the game, see fortnite, path of exile, valorant, league of legends etc.

Hugare

Ubi moving away from the "3 big releases per year" formula will bite them in the ass so freaking hard

Watch this crash and burn as soon as it gets released

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Too early to really gauge it at this point. 45 player PvPvE is all we have at the moment.

Game needs a hook and right now it looks pretty basic. Level design doesn't seem to be anything fun at the moment.

Btw, this is coming to consoles too.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
If it hadn’t been for the sales I don’t think I would have played the Division games, they’re solid third person shooters (82 metacritic) and if I had to choose a semi open world looter it would be the Division.

Good lord this setting couldn't be more boring if they tried.

The reason the first Division was so great was because of its incredible snowy NYC setting. Division 2 already was a huge step back and this looks even more dull
Agreed, this looks like they shipped some existing assets from the Div2 intro mission to some B-tier Ubi studio to quickly slap something together, then called it a day.

The NYC setting in winter was just a perfect setting, they had probably one of the most interesting takes on a battle royale style mode with Survival, the DZ PVPE mode was really unique, gear sets were distinct and allowed for different playstyles and teamwork.

There was so much they could have expanded one, instead we got the turd that is Div2 where they spent one and a half years messing around and trying to fix fundamental gameplay and character/item progression systems. The second game never reached the heights of the first and I highly doubt this one will.

After hundreds of hours in both Division games the biggest problem is a lack of content, both areas to play and loot to give. If they are going for a story based experience they need more than the hodge-podge of story elements they have now. If they are going for loot then the loot pool and things to work toward is still way too small, even this long after release of D2. Game is fairly grindy already which I think is a result of a lack of stuff. Can't imagine how much worse all that will be without any "up front" money. Bring on the whales, I guess?

ZehDon

Gold Member
Well, the leaker will be drumming up more feedback for Ubisoft and, and judging from that footage, they're gonna need it. That setting is anathema to The Division. You take the urban exploration out and try and cram the Dark Zone experience into a 45 man PvPvE battle royale-lite and this game will crater on day one. I really really hope that that setting is just a tiny introductory area, and that the actual game moves back into an urban environment.

sendit

It sure is. It's a shame some people are missing out. Going solo through the campaign I've experienced some of the best set piece sandbox combat levels in the industry in this game.
Yep. And now they’re creating a open world Star Wars game. If they can apply similar gameplay to a Star Wars game, I would be all in.

Top Bottom