• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[TMZ] O.J. Simpson dead at 76

MayauMiao

Q78BxcQ.jpg

Leaked photo of his funeral procession.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
There sure was a big uproar about racism and protecting OJ during the killing.

Then he got caught in the Vegas hotel robbery and sentenced to prison and dont remember anyone claiming racism anymore.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
There sure was a big uproar about racism and protecting OJ during the killing.

Then he got caught in the Vegas hotel robbery and sentenced to prison and dont remember anyone claiming racism anymore.
There was some discussion, but it was minimal. There is a little bit of ambiguity over the robbery (Simpson claims he was recovering stuff that was stolen from him. It's probably bullshit, but some people took it at face value, said the victim was being punished and that the judge was unnecessarily harsh on him at his sentencing.

Azzurri

I remember watching his trial. I was in 4th grade at the time.

It was basically a race war. Blacks said he didn't do it and whites said he did. I mean we all know he did it himself or hired someone to do it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

It was basically a race war. Blacks said he didn't do it and whites said he did. I mean we all know he did it himself or hired someone to do it.
We watched the verdict in one of my university classes! No joke. The prof (I forget her name and what class it was, but pretty sure it was either Sociology or Business Ethics class) brought in AV equipment on a cart. When the verdict was not guilty, she shook her head in disbelief.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I grew up in SoCal so I'm too familiar with this and stuff like 2pac.

He clearly got away with murder and the real MVP is his attourney.

I haven't thought of him much and hanve't wished him ill butI'm not so impressed when I see certain pics of the crowd reactions back in the day. Woulda been different if it was a different race.

Drake

I'm from the city where he played the majority of his career. You wouldn't believe the amount of people around here that still love the guy.

GloveSlap

I was in middle school at the time and this middle-aged black lady that worked for the school as an admin brought a TV into my class to watch the verdict. It went down like this:

Verdict is read. Admin lady starts jumping around and cheering like she just won the lottery.

Class: You think he is innocent?
Admin: No
Class: Then why are you cheering?
Admin: Silence, later followed by a shrug.

I've always found that so bizarre.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I'm from the city where he played the majority of his career. You wouldn't believe the amount of people around here that still love the guy.
It was a bit uncomfortable watching Wolf Blitzer on CNN celebrating O.J.'s football exploits, him being a Bills fan.
One can't deny his great career but I think murder overshadows everything else.

I used to love Woody Allen movies.
Now I just can't.
But that's just me 😁

Romulus

I was in middle school at the time and this middle-aged black lady that worked for the school as an admin brought a TV into my class to watch the verdict. It went down like this:

Verdict is read. Admin lady starts jumping around and cheering like she just won the lottery.

Class: You think he is innocent?
Admin: No
Class: Then why are you cheering?
Admin: Silence, later followed by a shrug.

I've always found that so bizarre.

I asked my classmates who were cheering if they thought OJ was innocent and they said no.

Then why are you so happy?

Payback. That was the answer one of them gave and the rest agreed.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Except OJ confessed and published his confession. He did it
And he was threatening to stab random people to death on Twitter, even. Seemed to have a thing for stabbing, and numerous impulse control issues and subsequent history of violent crime.

You know, if the confession for profit wasn’t enough.

Top Bottom