• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three months later, Baldur's Gate 3 is still drawing 130k concurrent players on Steam daily

This game is still averaging way above 100,000 and had a peak this month of 300,000.

This is unprecedented for a single player game. Most other big single player games seem to average around 10,000 to 50,000 longterm.

What's the reason? As someone that's yet to play it I assume it's the replay ability. (Still waiting for a price cut lol fat chance!).

If this continues Longterm it may end up catching Witcher 3 and Skyrim LTD! I'am talking 10 years here!
The game's really good, like seriously good. Every time you play, it can be totally different. It's not just about missing out on parts of the content (which you definitely will), but how your playstyle totally changes the interactions, the story, the consequences of your choices.

An evil playthrough, for instance, opens up tons of content that you won't see otherwise.

The online Facebook community is a crazy mix of funny, helpful, horny, and respectful people.

Personally, I got burned out after over 120 hours. Played non-stop for almost two months and got to a point where I couldn’t even open another book (in the game) to read the lore.

Took me almost two months to get back into it, and that was mostly thanks to the Facebook group and the memes they shared.

lastly, the mods have been pretty cool so far, bringing different vibes to new playthroughs

Top Bottom