• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is a topic for people who like and want more video games remastered.

-Zelda-

Banned
What are the games you want remastered? My own list is:

The Arkham Batman games
The God of War games
The Metal Gear Solid games
Xenosaga trilogy
Skies of Arcadia Legends
the Tellius Fire Emblem games
Fatal Frame trilogy
Final Fantasy XIII trilogy (Remasters are on Xbox, and PC has them, but not Sony and Nintendo)
Onimusha 2, 3.
Zone of Enders 1 and 2
Tomb Raider Legend trilogy

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I.....WANT........
153618-250191.jpg

giphy.gif

Star Ocean 2, 3, 4 and 5
Valkyrie Profile 1, 2 and DS Game
Xenosaga Trilogy
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Trails In The Sky Trilogy
Odin Sphere
Muramasa The Demon Blade
Breath of Fire 3, 4 and 5
Suikoden 3, 4 and 5
Ar Tonelico Trilogy
Ar NoSurge and Ciel NoSurge
Shadow Hearte games
Wild Arms games
Alundra
Persona 1, and both Persona 2 games
Parasite Eve Trilogy
Vagrant Story

That's what comes to my mind at the moment

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 need remakes to be more up to date with the modern state of the franchise, though a remaster is fine too. Those 2 games just play very differently in comparison to MGS3-5.

I want the Super Nintendo Final Fantasies to be remade in the FF7-9 style, prerendered backgrounds with 3d modeled characters (ones that don't look like those blocky abominations in FF7 mind you), 3d overworlds and 3d battles. Oh yeah and CGI cutscenes too. These days a game like that wouldn't take a lot of money to make (look at bravely default) and it gives a nice spin on those games without drastically changing the gameplay or main story.

I'd also like a remake of Sonic Adventure that makes the stages a lot more open and gives the game a camera system that's less retarded. Oh yeah, and better cutscenes too. Outside of those don't change anything

that's it for now but i think there's more stuff i want ported or rmade

trikster40

Nothing released last gen, that’s for sure. Needs to be at least Ps3/360 or prior.

Personally, I’d prefer to see more remakes like Silent Hill 2 than remasters. Older games that were amazing at the time, but now a truer version of the vision can be produced.

For me, I’d love to see games like Bushido Blade, Tenchu, Vagrant Stiory, Tomba, games that may have spawned a sequel but never really turned into an ongoing IP.

SCB3

What are the games you want remastered? My own list is:

The Arkham Batman games
The God of War games
The Metal Gear Solid games
Final Fantasy XIII trilogy (Remasters are on Xbox, and PC has them, but not Sony and Nintendo)
Zone of Enders 1 and 2
These all have remasters already

I want the Super Nintendo Final Fantasies to be remade in the FF7-9 style, prerendered backgrounds with 3d modeled characters (ones that don't look like those blocky abominations in FF7 mind you), 3d overworlds and 3d battles. Oh yeah and CGI cutscenes too. These days a game like that wouldn't take a lot of money to make (look at bravely default) and it gives a nice spin on those games without drastically changing the gameplay or main story.

That would be a dream come true for me

If we're talking minor remasters that are basically just minor tweaks and some upressing, just about every good game from PS3/360 gen and prior that aren't playable on current gen devices.

If we're talking about the super high-effort remasters/remakes
Oblivion and Morrowind are probably my top 2
Jak and Daxter (at least the first one, the other 2 I could take or leave)
Mario Kart Double Dash (still the best Mario Kart imo)
Every mainline Tony Hawk game besides 1/2 (already remastered well)
Diddy Kong Racing (my favorite Kart Racer ever)

There's definitely more if I say down and thought deeply but those are the first ones that come to mind

Kacho

I need Nightdive to port PS1 Doom + Final Doom to modern systems. Both had a horror twist, animated skyboxes and badass lighting. Need some love. I played the unofficial PC port recently and they hold up phenomenally. The custom sound effects alone gives them a unique identity.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
oh yeah, While namco decided to rerelease the Taiko no Tatsujin 3ds RPGS as Taiko no Tatsujin Rhythmic Adventure 1 and 2 (which are very good translations and ports of these games to switch)
They haven't done anything for the DS RPGs and first 3ds RPG which are a shame.... i'd want them. One of them is an RPG about Youkai and Japanese ghosts/monsters, it was really cool. If they're gonna do the other 2 why not the first few while they're at it?

Also, a remaster of Mario 64 that isn't held back by shitty DS controls or a timed exclusive release would be very very welcome

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
e19.jpg

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
As someone owning an Xbox one and up, there's really no reason to get remasters.

Games that got the bc treatment looks really gorgeous and are "free" remasters.

Of course not every bc got this treatment but many have.

Remasters are cash cows. Should be free. On pc you can freely choose settings for free, on consoles you have to pay for this privilege in form of buying remasters.

Topher

Gold Member
As someone owning an Xbox one and up, there's really no reason to get remasters.

Remasters are cash cows. Should be free. On pc you can freely choose settings for free, on consoles you have to pay for this privilege in form of buying remasters.

You are in the wrong thread:

And considering not all Xbox games are available through BC, this is still a relevant topic even for Xbox.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.

cool
counterpoint
not everyone has an xbox
not every xbox game supports BC (cough cough JSRF)

Karak

It will never happen for various reasons but...Advent Rising. I loved the story and the choices and impact. Sadly the authors issues, the issues behind the scenes, the IP problems it will never happen.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Less remasters and more free upgrade patches for a lot of PS4/XBO gen games would be nice.

Arkham Knight running at 60 FPS even at 1080p without any enhancements will still hold up about as good as any game released this year.

-Zelda-

Banned
It will never happen for various reasons but...Advent Rising. I loved the story and the choices and impact. Sadly the authors issues, the issues behind the scenes, the IP problems it will never happen.
Dude! I am literally watching some of your videos right now in another window. Alan Wake review currently, Control before that one. What can I say, I love reruns! Karak Karak

93xfan

Banned
Socom 2 online
Metal Gear Solid (PS1 version)
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3 and 4
SSX Tricky
Ridge Racer arcade games and Rage Racer
Virtua Fighter 3 and 4
All Mario and Zelda games at 60FPS
Goldeneye (coming this year to Xbox)
Tekken 1-5 and TTT
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kane
Soul Blade
Jumping Flash 2
Vigilante 8
Twisted Metal
Road Rash (3D0 version)
Need for Speed 1

Own an Xbox and switch, so already have an abundance of remasters so far

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

I won't list them all but I would love a bunch of PS3 titles remastered. Seeing dead space makes me realize how much can be done.

Games like Resistance, the OG Infamous, Motostorm, and many others.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Muramasa
Gears 1-3 on Steam
PowerStone 1 & 2
Jet Set Radio Future
Sega GT and Sega GT 2002
Metal Gear Solid 4
Tales of Symphonia with a proper 60 fps remaster
Capcom vs SNK 2
SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos
Lufia 2
Final Fantasy Tactics
Megaman Legends 1 and 2 and The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
NBA Street 1-3
Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3

Last edited:
Things I want Remade

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy VI
Soul Reaver
Half Life 1 in Source 2 in VR
Half Life 2 in Source 2 in VR
Legend of Dragon
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Resident Evil Code Veronica
Gears of War 1 in UE5
Onimusha Series

Things I want Rebooted

Resistance
Ninja Gaiden
Rampage: Total Destruction
Twisted Metal
Giants Citizen Kabuto
Murder Death Kill (MDK)
Earthworm Jim
Sacrifice
Black and White
Jet Set Radio Future
Dino Crisis

Sure there is more, but that's all I can think off for now.

Last edited:

Anchovie123

Metal Gear Solid Collection
Bloodborne
Red Dead Redemption
GTA IV
Max Payne 3
inFAMOUS 1 & 2
Resistance 1-3
Fallout 3 & NV
FF 13 Series
Folklore
Eternal Sonata
The PS3 Tales of games
Soul Sacrifice (Ps Vita game)

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Remember when amazing games used to be better than medium quality vagina? What exactly happened to that? Sad times we live in.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
All the Ultima games. Even 8 and 9 (redo 9 completely).

The X-wing/Tie-Fighter games.

All the Wing Commander games.

Actually all Looking Glass and Origin games actually.

Baldurs Gate 1 and 2.

Fallout 1 - 3

Actually all the games from the studios that EA enticed into their fold and murdered.

Speaking of EA ... BF1942.

93xfan

Banned
Metal Gear Solid Collection
Bloodborne
Red Dead Redemption
GTA IV
Max Payne 3

inFAMOUS 1 & 2
Resistance 1-3
Fallout 3 & NV
FF 13 Series