• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Things to do in Vancouver, BC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chony

I am heading up there for New Years, staying a couple nights in a hostel, and want to know what to do and see while I am there. I am 19, so drinking is one of the reasons for going, but besides that what to do? Any cool bars, etc?

Also I am going to Las Vegas next week for my brothers wedding (the Army is giving him 5 day leave to marry, so he has to do it in a short time). What's to do there?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
*ahem*

Visit Ginger 62 on Granville Friday and Saturday nights for one of the best lounge experiences ever. If you just want laid, go to Stone Temple on a Thursday. Of course, the chances of contracting a nasty STD goes up exponentially on those nights, so forewarned is forearmed. Plush at the Plaza of Nations is absolutely wicked on Monday nights - okay music, but a very interesting crowd.

If you're not into the bar scene, there's still lots to do. Hit the Capilano Suspension Bridge for a larf, or enjoy overpriced shopping down on Robson. Gawk at the copious number of lesbians around Commercial Drive, or take a homeless guy to Brandi's and make a new "forever friend".

You like music, shows, etc? Hit this link for all your entertainment needs in the Vancouver area.

Dyne

bishoptl said:
*ahem*

Visit Ginger 62 on Granville Friday and Saturday nights for one of the best lounge experiences ever. If you just want laid, go to Stone Temple on a Thursday. Of course, the chances of contracting a nasty STD goes up exponentially on those nights, so forewarned is forearmed. Plush at the Plaza of Nations is absolutely wicked on Monday nights - okay music, but a very interesting crowd.

If you're not into the bar scene, there's still lots to do. Hit the Capilano Suspension Bridge for a larf, or enjoy overpriced shopping down on Robson. Gawk at the copious number of lesbians around Commercial Drive, or take a homeless guy to Brandi's and make a new "forever friend".

You like music, shows, etc? Hit this link for all your entertainment needs in the Vancouver area.

^Nailed on the HEAD.

I'd also like to add that all Chinese Dim Sums and Japanese restaurants are great around here, if you're into that kind of stuff.

Chony

Between all the clubs mentioned, what's the best, as I am going to be there for only 2 nights?

Ginger 62
Stone Temple
etc.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I think I was in the Stone Temple a few weeks back. I can't be certain as I'm rubbish at remembering names (especially when pissed, but even when not), but I think so. I just went out with a bunch of people from the youth hostel I was staying in and it was pretty awesome.

Is it near Nelson? Close to that music store?

Well (I live in Coquitlam but used to live in Van) I plan in spending the New Years reading. Kind of lame, I know, but it's quiet.

kgHavok23

hunt down the cast of Smallville and attempt to tap this shit:

main2.jpg

Dyne

Chony said:
Also what are you Vancouverians doing New Years?

Celebrating my birthday. It's true.

I usually have an all-out game romp with my friends.

Damn, I wish I could track down Kristin Kreuk.. it's like impossible.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Yep, must be it then.

On a slightly related point, does anyone recommend anywhere in downtown Vancouver to get my hair cut? It's not really that important and I was just going to walk into one around here, but if anyone knows a good cheap place they'd recommend, or a place I should avoid, please speak up.

kgHavok23

ManDudeChild said:
Hm. Red X's aren't really my thing ... but I'm not here to judge.

heh, yes I suppose you're right, and now that my comment has lost any significance, I'm gonna post this pic of Kristen Kreuk to make myself feel better. Vancouver in it's glory:

Smallville%20(Kristin%20Kreuk).jpg

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Well, head to downtown to catch firework, maybe ? Around Canada Place, I guess. Very beautiful there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom