• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There are too many good games out - Whatcha Playin' This Weekend?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
256245x.jpg

This is like a dream come true for long time fans of the cult movie. Seriously, the game is good in and of itself, but if you know the film...it's nigh unbelievable. Best movie game supplanting Riddick? Perhaps!

256970.jpg

This game is great. It's fun, it has good graphics, it's unlike any other arcade sports game I've tried. Any Given Sunday is better as a game than a movie. Fantastic!

256353.jpg

Finally! Hope it lives up to the second for me. About to start this tonight!!!

257136.jpg

Starting this weekend on this gem as well! You fanatics better not be blowing smoke up our collective chute.

243431.jpg

Honestly...I don't even have time for it, but Dragona won't shut up and the Cube feels neglected lately.

So that's not even to mention a few smaller titles I want to play like Shattered Union, Fable+ and Stubbs!

Next Tuesday for me...

243675.jpg

255947.jpg

256498x.jpg

255465.jpg

I really can't justify jumping "gens" right now. Too much goodness.

Tiktaalik

There are always too many good games out. We're living through a golden age of gaming right now.

I'll probably keep playing Digital Devil Saga (I have Digital Devil Saga 2 still sealed waiting) and probably Ninja Gaiden Black. It's the weekend though, so you never know when I might have friends over and we'll play some wacky, drunken 4 player games like Bomberman Online or Chu Chu.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Musashi Wins! said:
ohhhhh DarienA, as a fellow fanatic of this cinematic masterpiece...I tremble in anticipation for you.

<sigh> This is one weekend I wish I was single again... then I could stay up all weekend just playing this game. ;)

123rl

SSX On Tour...for about 3 hours then it got returned. Yuck what a horrible mess of a game :(

Pro Evo 5 - gaming perfection, 2005 Edition.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
bb7c024128a0ed5be6e07010.M.jpg

I'll be going through Coop mode with a friend this weekend, and of course I'll probably play a bit of...

B0000ZUGZ4.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B0009Q1IE2.01._PE6_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

raYne

My "new game weekend" doesn't start until Sunday (TRU sale!). By then I'll be playing:

The Warriors
Farcry Instincts
Fable:TLC

These'll most likely be my last game purchases for this gen until after 360 launch as well. :)

Teddman

Doom_Bringer said:
almost done with parasite eve and I beat Splinter Cell CT today :D
How was Parasite Eve? Never played it and some consider it a Square classic with a lot in common with the Vagrant Story combat system (a big plus for me).

Mrbob

You disappoint me Musashi! You picked up all those games but not the best release of the week, F.E.A.R.! Buy it, play it, love it!

All these hot new releases are giving me the next gen blues too. I've always been a PC and I think the PC is rolling with some hot releases over the next couple months.

I'm also playing Ninja Gaiden Black and will have to defend my Madden crown in season 2.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Why is Liberty City Stories on anyone's list? The bitch isn't out until next week.

I'm going to finish SotC this weekend, and might try to get into Battlefield 2 PC some more, if I can find a server that isn't populated with assholes who spend more time bitching about your "noob" skills than playing toward the objective. Seriously, Battlefield 2 has got to have the most unwelcoming game community I've experienced.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Mrbob said:
You disappoint me Musashi! You picked up all those games but not the best release of the week, F.E.A.R.! Buy it, play it, love it!

I'm done with PC gaming unless Spore changes the world. I just don't enjoy it very much. FEAR looks great, I'll give you that.

Shadow of the Colossus...though I've only got another 2 Colossi to beat so it should be over pretty soon.

I suppose I could make another attempt at Star Ocean. I picked it up two weeks ago for 10 bucks and got bored during the first 10 minutes so I shut it off. I'm not sure I can stomach too much more of that hotel where you begin the game though. It's gotta get better......right?

Kingpen

Pretty much just Virtua Fighter 4 Evo and Tekken 5... I'm just trying to pass the time until X360 hits and I get 10 games in one day for it. I would have been all over alot of those PS2 games otherwise...

Soul Calibur and GTA:LCS next week though...

Xellos

Just finished:

256245x.jpg

Great game. Fantastic use of the license. Long-time BEU fans should enjoy the bonus unlocked after the end of the game (even if it isn't very polished).

Still playing:

258692.jpg

A great game to relax with. Love the goofy dialogue and characters, and of course the courtroom action.

ohmigod too much to play...

This weekend = FEAR, Quake 4, SotC, The Warriors

Next weekend = GTA:LCS, CoD2, Civ4, RE4

Where were you all in June?!?!

Right now..on a bit of a PC gaming kick..for the first time in a long, long, time.

256048.jpg

250717x.jpg

Also continuing on this

255767.jpg

Will definitely be picking up Shadow of the Colussus this weekend.

123rl

Eric Hall said:
It has two extra stages & two extra characters along with some other stuff

That's not fair, dammit! It's bad enough that they're cutting stuff out of games to put them in Collector's Editions but ffs don't deprive Europe of it altogether.

I would import it but my only US console is the GC and I wanted to play this online.

stonedwal

For reviews:

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects

Of my own accord:

Ace Combat 5
Resident Evil 4
Tales of Symphonia

Insanely jealous of people playing Shadow of the Colossus and The Warriors. Will probably buy The Warriors after Christmas now, had to surrender the review to another writer because I couldn't make it to Take Two's offices, and Colossus isn't out here until Q1 2006 :(

Top Bottom