• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Road to E3 (List of possible games for the show)

DieH@rd

Banned
Awesome OP. Its strange to think that E3 isn't far away. Only six weeks to go o_o

Surprisingly stoked for EA's conference. Battlefront, BioWare, and maybe a new (non-DICE) Battlefield.

Both EA and Ubi presconfs [Division/ACUnity/FarCry4,BeyondGood&Evil,PoP,Crew...] should be stacked with good games this year.

GeoramA

Just Cause 3 and a new Deus Ex...my god. This E3 has a chance to be the best ever.

And hopefully Sony shows off more of the gamescom announcements (Rime, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Shadow of the Beast)

M.Steiner

Great list, have subscribed too. Should be lots to look forward to if even half of these titles show up.

The list of things I'm hoping to see is pretty long but mainly; Dishonored 2, Cyberpunk 2077, The Witcher 3, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, the new Deus Ex & The Division. In the case of TW3/MGSV/The Division I'd like to see a lengthy gameplay demo more than anything.
Of course I'd be ecstatic if the Last Guardian made an appearance or we got a release date for FFXV but they're on my "wishful thinking" list heh.

Hoping for some surprises as well though. Ubi have managed it two years running with Watch Dogs and The Division so maybe they'll be the ones to do it again.

Albo

Mortal kombat 10 is likely as it was accidentally confirmed last e3 and again recently by keither sutherland.

The Legend of Zelda: For a lot of people probably the most anticipated game from Nintendo, since we've heard so little about it. There've been rumors aplenty though. Mentions of possible inclusion of a top-down view, the rumor that it'd be like Skyrim. Personal prediction? This is this year's Super Mario 3D World for Nintendo. Comes out of nowhere and then gets released near the end of the year. I stand a good chance of being wrong, but I'm sticking with that.

The skyrim rumor was a mistranslation and the top down view comment isn't clear as it was said in an interview about ALBW and regarding their "next" zelda game, not the one their currently working on.

Yarn yoshi, miyamoto's new IP, NFC game and MM 3DS are likely to appear also.

There were so many signs pointing to that dishonored 2 graphic being fake but it's possible the actual game could be shown at E3 anyway since it's been a while since the first released.

There is lots of cool stuff that's pretty much locked, but as for games I'd love to see:

- The Last Guardian
- Devil's Third
- Mirror's Edge 2
- Demon's Souls 2 (or whatever Miyazaki is working on)
- Cyberpunk (just a new trailer will do for now)
- Platinum exclusive for Xbox One if it indeed exists
- Prince of Persia on the UBI ART engine.

And yes, more Sony downloadables like Rime, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and Edith Finch please,

Bollocks

I know it's E3 but I kind of expect a new Read Dead. It's been over 5 years now, a new one is long overdue, plus I don't think we know for sure what's coming next from R* (GTA dlc aside.)

If not E3, then at least this year, I'm sure of it ._.

Great List OP!

I would add Alien Isolation - maybe have a gameplay trailer vs a teaser trailer?
Rime - again maybe a gameplay trailer?

Also since both MS & Sony need to hit it out of the park regarding games this E3, I am wondering if some of those 'unannounced' games are the titles that just had web addresses registered will show up? I think the ones from Sony were called Kill Strain and Entwinned. The one from MS was Eden Falls ... but who know if these rumors have any true value.

Paskil

Nice thread. I would love to see a new Lumines, Katamari, and something for Fallout 4.

Not really holding any hope for anything Katamari related after the abysmal sales of Touch My Katamari.

malcher

It feels like we already know much about most of these games. Last year's E3 was great because it featured many entirely new games no one heard about. This year it looks like we will hear mostly about the same games that were either delayed or are coming out just in few months. Hoping for some surprises!

Jamie OD

It feels like we already know much about most of these games. Last year's E3 was great because it featured many entirely new games no one heard about. This year it looks like we will hear mostly about the same games that were either delayed or are coming out just in few months. Hoping for some surprises!

E3 always brings up some surprises. Some of them we don't like but they're still surprises.

Thanks OP, can't say I'm excited for much of it. DICE and Criterion could be fantastic given that they both had defining games last gen but the current EA makes it a wait and see.

Surprises always happen.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
On account E3 is the last major media event that occurs before The Evil Within releases, and about two months before the game's release, and Bethesda said at the start of the year their biggest game release for 2014 was The Evil Within, I think it's basically a 100% that Evil Within will be at E3.

A few less-obvious games I'd like to see in some form:

Next game from Giant Sparrow (The Unfinished Swan studio)
Next game from ThatGameCompany (Flow/Flower/Journey studio)
Next game from Playdead (Limbo studio)
Next game from Housemarque (Resogun/Super Stardust/Dead Nation studio)

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
SOMA
Shadow of the Beast
Below
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Hyper Light Drifter

Recall

Batman was delayed till 2015. It was announced by DC and WB themselves after showing the trailer at a convention. (wondercon? Will have to dig up the thread)

I'm still expecting a E3 presence though.

gosoxtim

The only games I want to see our kingdom hearts, mortal kombat 10, and sly cooper 5 I will be very happy if they show up

Jarnet87

The road to E3 is always paved with good intentions, unfortunately expect disappointment.

ibbaRRaKnKXTRp.gif

This will be me after Sony and Nintendo's conference. Microsoft will be the only conference that delivers if you are into Halo, and GoW and every other FPS.

nice OP-I doubt we will see anything about a new gears game- development began on it mid 2013. no way they would have anything other than a logo accompanied by a '2015'.

S¡mon;109793026 said:
You seem to have a memory of E3 that does not... exist. The Last of Us was announced at the VGAs in December 2011.
Im sure he means the stage demo from 2012 (first gameplay footage WAS at an E3)

First thread dedicated to E3 that I've come across, so I'll post this here:

ge5d.png

Decided to make it to show my love for both E3 and Neogaf n_n. Here is hoping we're in for an amazing show.

Oh, and if anyone wants to use that for anything, go right ahead :).

edit: And Zelda U is at the top of my most wanted list. A trailer with a main theme song should do the trick of making me swoon.

Asd202

S-E need a live streamed conference already.

Actually if they really will have trailers for Tomb Raider 2 , Deux Ex 3, Just Cause 3, Sleeping Dogs 2, FF 15 and KH3 I would really considered it if I was a SE executive. On a side note those games are all sequels :p.

RPGCrazied

Nice list. I'm finally going to jump into this generation this Christmas. I want a PS4/Wii U, but just going to get one this year. If Nintendo can show me some awesome new Zelda, and X gets a release date(I'm still saying this is Xenoblade II), I'll get the WIi U this year. But the PS4 has all those 3rd parties and Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III. Though I'm guessing these 2 won't be out for awhile, specially Kingdom Hearts III.

This E3 will be very interesting for me.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
I want a pubblic Valve conference. Please Gaben

Bishop89

I have an interest in all these

Call of Duty 2014

Destiny:
Epic's Secret Project:

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain:

Cyberpunk 2077:
Batman: Arkham Knight:
Mass Effect
Star Wars: Battlefront
Mirror's Edge 2
Amy Hennig's Star Wars game
#DRIVECLUB
Uncharted 4
The Order: 1886
Gravity Rush 2
Killstrain, Entwined, Guerilla Games' new project, etc.:
Far Cry 4

Hitman

Deus Ex

Just Cause 3

Triad Wars

Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts III
Smash 4, 5

Dishonored 2: Darkness of Tyvia

Fallout 4

Deep Down

Dino Crisis/Resident Evil

My god damn wallet.

Let's see what Take 2 has to offer. I know they're not the E3 type, especially Rockstar but I guess that they'll at least have to show something.

Other than that I expected the Visceral Battlefield to show up but I'm not sure about that. Maybe EA is rethinking about that since BF4 is not doing good publicity

ArjanN

Wait what is that Dishonored 2 fact sheet they talk about? Is it referring to the old images they posted or did one of their sources confirm it?

That Dishonored 2 stuff still seems really fake to me, even if a Dishonored 2 is clearly a possibility.

Thanks for the list OP! Getting me excited for E3. When the doors open in a few months it will be hard for me to decide where to go first.

TimmiT

One mistake in the OP: Nintendo isn't publishing Sonic Boom. While SEGA did make that exclusivity deal with them for Sonic games, they're still publishing Sonic Boom.

Taking into account that Atlus is now owned by SEGA, other SEGA games that will probably be there:

Alien: Isolation
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd
Persona Q
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

I don't consider these likely, but just maybe:

Yakuza Ishin
Phantasy Star Online 2
Persona 4 Dancing All Night
Persona 5

Top Bottom