• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS5 Is Officially The Biggest Console Ever Made According To New Images

One of the worst posts I've seen on Neogaf. Sort your avatar out too because Destiny is a bigger pile of horse shit than anything on that list.

He/she’s not really wrong though?
Although I think even in that list Demon’s Souls is treated a little too kindly lol.

Note: PS5 preorder in the bag. But just buying it doesn’t make me delusional about the terrible launch lineup.

Mr. Nobody

Your nitpicking is pathetic and the fact that PC gamers would suck or lick any part of a Sony execs anatomy to get Demons Souls on PC is enough to turn your entire argument to shit.

'Hahaha' is not an argument and those games may not appeal to you but there are demographics beyond your own that need to be serviced.

It's not really nitpicking. I'm trying to find a reason to throw my wallet at either Sony or Microsoft. I've been burned so many time being an early adopter buying into the hype. Both party's line up sucks the rod. Now if God of War and Ghost of Tsushima were day one games..... I would be singing a different tone.

Also, the $70 price tag/higher price tag of entry for most of those titles doesn't make them any more impressive for a launch line up. And you are also assuming that a Demon Souls appeals to all PC gamers.

Bryank75

Banned
It's not really nitpicking. I'm trying to find a reason to throw my wallet at either Sony or Microsoft. I've been burned so many time being an early adopter buying into the hype. Both party's line up sucks the rod. Now if God of War and Ghost of Tsushima were day one games..... I would be singing a different tone.

Also, the $70 price tag/higher price tag of entry for most of those titles doesn't make them any more impressive for a launch line up. And you are also assuming that a Demon Souls appeals to all PC gamers.
I agree with the prices issue... it's going to be 80 euro (about 95 dollars) here in europe which is quite unfair I feel. It's pushing me to go Collectors edition for games I really want and just wait for other games to reduce in price.

I really wanted info on GOW and GOT upgrades, hopefully we get them. I will play the GOT expansion on PS5 though either way.

Yeah, I made a general assumption about Souls. My bad.

REDRZA MWS

Weren’t some people mocking the OG Xbox one for its size? Being a hypocrite I guess is par for the course these days.

HE1NZ

Banned
How the narrative changes. When OG Xbox was shown

xbox_is_hueg.jpg

PS5 is yet bigger and it's "cool"
Is it bigger than Atari 5200 though?

Wmy8d5O.jpg

Three

xbox_is_hueg.jpg

Journey waiting to go persecution complex on somebody who may not have even been alive back then and said "cool" to a thread title fact:

tenor.gif

People have been making jokes about the size. You don't remember the air freight one? It was pretty funny.

Weren’t some people mocking the OG Xbox one for its size? Being a hypocrite I guess is par for the course these days.

What makes you think that is hypocritical. You think its literally the same people as were mocking the XBOX 19 years ago, NINETEEN YEARS AGO
who are now OK with the PS5?

I was a huge XBOX fan and hated Sony for killing the Dreamcast. I took all the mocking of the original XBOX and its controller in stride and now
because I didnt think it was a big deal then- I dont think the PS5 is a big deal NOW. Its still smaller than an AV receiver and its a little longer than a PS3
which again to me, is not a big deal.

Its more like the people who were mocking the PS3 for being big are the same ones who are mocking the PS5 now- and were OK with the OG Xbox, the launch Xbox One and
the huge power bricks.

MrS

Banned
He/she’s not really wrong though?
Although I think even in that list Demon’s Souls is treated a little too kindly lol.

Note: PS5 preorder in the bag. But just buying it doesn’t make me delusional about the terrible launch lineup.
This gen and PS3 launch were way worse than this. Anybody who bought those consoles day one knows this.

Last edited:
This gen and PS3 launch were way worse than this. Anybody who bought those consoles day one knows this.

Eh. Whether you step in dog shit or cow shit you’ve still got shit all over your shoes.

Launch lineups are usually terrible, and these are too. My point is more about people trying to portray it is as good when we’re really discussing different shades of terrible. No compelling reason to buy either, no harm in buying both as they will both get much better.

Previous gen games enhanced are the biggest appeal by far for me personally (including Miles Morales in that category of last gen, because...)... That’s why I’m hoping Sony have got their BC right for the first time since they literally jammed a PS2 inside the PS3 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

xbox_is_hueg.jpg

And finally, 19 years later, we find out Xbox design was just ahead of its time.

Imagine what we will realize after the next 19.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Colecovision was pretty big also

w2jmghaam6l01.jpg
A system that released 38 years ago, when capacitors were an inch tall and half inch in diameter and miniaturized electronics were tools in spy movies, is smaller and better looking than the PS5.

There's no such thing as an ugly console. There's boring, like the xbone one vcr edition. And there's huge and mighty like the OG Xbox, but there is no ugly.

Even the PoS3 with its George foreman grill aesthetics was unique in its own right.

Sega Mega Drive with a Master System converter. The first BC console and it looked sexy as fuck.

Last edited:

onQ123

I had the Atari adapter that plugged in the front. Added an extra 50% to the console....but you could play another console's games on your console. Crazy!!!

I had one that my mom got from a yard sale or something when I was a kid but I didn't realize what I had until years later & it was gone by then

Journey

Banned
xbox-original.jpg

Bill%2BMurray%2BGif%2B(13).gif

Aaahhh... were we ever truly so young & naive, my friend?

Xbox bought the standard HDD. We had instant load times for sections in Halo: CE, a real game changer that standardized the HDD on consoles going forward, but no one made a big deal about it at the time. First console to also bring Native Dolby Digital 5.1. Definitely the GOAT.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Xbox bought the standard HDD. We had instant load times for sections in Halo: CE, a real game changer that standardized the HDD on consoles going forward, but no one made a big deal about it at the time. First console to also bring Native Dolby Digital 5.1. Definitely the GOAT.

Of course it was a big deal and pointed out at the time. Custom soundtrack support was amazing.

Great Hair

Banned

xbox_is_hueg.jpg

Dang! Having to resort to 20 year old meme to counter an argument.
I mean, who knew that picture would foreshadow xbox´s first foray ;)

Gotta relax!

Last edited:
Simultaneously the biggest, ugliest, and most in demand console to ever grace the Earth. They will be sold out for months and recycling peoples living room air for years to come.

Dargor

A youtuber will talk about it for 10 minutes, strangely enough always 10!!!

Not strangely, there is something about the algorithm in youube that favors 10 minute videos, thats why you see some people literally leaving a black screen for minutes just to get it to 10.

Elcid

Banned
OG Xbox was definitely a better console than PS2 but PS2 has a SLIGHTLY better library which is why I think most people remember it better. Xbox still has yet to recoup that former glory imo.

RyanEvans21

Also Custom music and online multiplayer

Top Bottom