• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Playstation event is rumored to be on the 19th August

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh i kinda dont care anymore, i’ve lost interest a long time ago. Sony have been disrespecting its core fanbase for a very long time now.
Zero communication, cross plat titles one after the other etc etc. Also their latest SoP was pure garbage not wasting anymore time on those. Either give us a big show or fuck off Jimbo.
Lol how about the SoP before that one? Fickle fan lmao

CAB_Life

Isn’t State of Play a pretty standard event for Sony now? Their next major showcase will be TGS, no? I would assume they’ll be presenting at that.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I feel sorry for you...to put some salt in that wound, i have the conformation that mine arrives this friday😳
Grats that painful wait though :)
Thriller Peeking GIF by UMC - Stream Black Better

"100s of events"....

They really should've just shut up on that part in hindsight, huh? :LOL:

Well, I'm game whenever they officially confirm a show. 'Till then I'll be watching the ID@Xbox showcase and ready for more Microsoft stuff at Gamescom (dunno if Nintendo will be there, but I somewhat doubt it).

YukiOnna

Finally, the state of play that will show a Deathloop walkthrough from beginning to end. Just what I wanted.

Mr Moose

"100s of events"....

They really should've just shut up on that part in hindsight, huh? :LOL:

Well, I'm game whenever they officially confirm a show. 'Till then I'll be watching the ID@Xbox showcase and ready for more Microsoft stuff at Gamescom (dunno if Nintendo will be there, but I somewhat doubt it).
Monday 13th January 2020 - Almost like something happened after that time, can't think what though.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Tbh i kinda dont care anymore, i’ve lost interest a long time ago. Sony have been disrespecting its core fanbase for a very long time now.
Zero communication, cross plat titles one after the other etc etc. Also their latest SoP was pure garbage not wasting anymore time on those. Either give us a big show or fuck off Jimbo.
This is where I am right now. What are we looking forward to in this event? Three cross gen games in Horizon, GoW and GT7? Is that it? Are we really going to be content with getting PS4 games in 2022?

If Sony wants to impress me then they need to show up with more than just three last gen games. I want a true built from the ground up MGS remake with completely destructible environments a la Control. In fact, anything they show at the conference needs to have at the very least Control levels of destruction. If Silent Hill is coming, it needs to look next gen. If TLOU remake is real then it cannot just look like TLOU2. Not in 2022.

They keep saying how they have 25 games in development at their first party studios, and I am like where are they? We literally only know of three of them. GoW, Horizon and GT7. Even if we assume Silent Hill, MGS and TLOU remakes are in that list of 25 games, we are looking at 6 games at this conference that are either last gen sequels or next gen remakes most likely on par with the Demon Souls remake. And that's just yeesh. Am I supposed to get excited over this?

Sony needs to sell me next gen and as much as I liked Returnal, Demon and Ratchet, I am not yet sold. I need to see something that will inspire me and blow my mind. And if all they can muster after delaying their conference by 2 months are the games below then thats just not good enough.

- Horizon
- GOW
- GT7
- TLOU remake
- Silent Hill remake
- MGS remake
- Forspoken
- FF16
- Ghostwire tokyo
- CoD

yurinka

If Sony wants to impress me then they need to show up with more than just three last gen games.
Sony is breaking gaming history records of money generated, consoles sold and games sold, and their 1st party games are selling better than ever and winning more GOTYs than ever.

They don't give a fuck if their games impress a specific single person or not as can be you. They are performing better than they ever did.

Regarding their hype bullets, it would be stupid to spend them now that they don't have consoles in the stores beacuse every new batch gets sold out in a few minutes. They will spend them when needed, once shipments achieve a level where shops get a steady stock again.

- Horizon
- GOW
- GT7
- TLOU remake
- Silent Hill remake
- MGS remake
- Forspoken
- FF16
- Ghostwire tokyo
- CoD
Silent Hill remake won't exist and we don't know if MGS will happen. If it happen, very likely will be top tier stuff like Horizon, GOW, GT7 and FF16.

In any case, I think that in the coming months -whenever they are able to have enough stock in the stores that last for weeks and not a few minutes- they can show in addition to the other games you mention:
-TLOU2 MP game
-TLOU2 Director's Cut: a PS5 version of the game bundled with TLOU1R and maybe the MP game
-Insomniac's 2022 game (Spider-Man 2?)
-Guerrilla's other game that they have been developing since 2018 (Killzone or a new IP?)
-London Studio's AAA game
-Sony Santa Monica's new IP (but may wait a year or two to show it)
-The game developed by the Destiny/Halo guys (in development since 2018)
-Arrowhead's next game
-Team Asobi's next (PSVR2 launch game)
-PSVR2 full reveal
-PS Now (and maybe PS Plus) next gen improvements

They keep saying how they have 25 games in development at their first party studios, and I am like where are they?
He said that they had more than 25 games under development back in May, and we officially know they have in the works:
-Dreams
-Ratchet Rift Apart
-Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut
-Death Stranding Director's Cut
-Horizon 2
-GoWR
-GT7
-TLOU2 Factions MP game
-Team Asobi's next game
-Wild (Michel Ancel game, if not canned)
-Haven's first game
-Firewalk's first game
-Deviation's first game
-Bend Studio's new IP
-Next Pixel Opus game
-Next MLB game
-Guerrilla's other game being developed since 2018 (via job offers/LinkedIn)
-Sony Santa Monica's other game that isn't GoWR (via job offers)
-Sony London's next game (via job offers)
-Housemarque's next AAA game, to be bigger and more ambitious than Returnal
-Uncharted 4 PC port

Even if not mentioned oficially we know they have:
-TLOU1 remake
-TLOU2 PS5/Director's Cut
-Another Uncharted spin-off, we don't know if canned when Bend left the project or if ND continued with it
-2 or 3 Insomniac games (the next one very likely to be for 2022, and may be Spider-Man 2)
-Ghost of Tsushima 2
-More PC ports to be handled by Nixxes
-Games from their deal with Kadokawa
-Pretty likely the next games from Bluepoint, Arrowhead and other 2nd party studios like KojiPro

Sony's AAA games take around 5 (or even up to 7 or 8) years to be developed and due to covid you may add maybe another one. They now prefer to show them when close to release, around a year or two before release. Some of these games may be still in early stages of development, so obviously won't show them now, they will show them when ready.

Last edited:

Concern

Pretty much all wishful thinking to expect anything new announced for this year but that would be nice. Maybe Factions 2 is a possibility if anything.

Im kinda thinking we'll probably get at least one or two new announcements. Official Horizon delay, more Death Loop, Kena, and possibly Sifu (actually most interested Ps5 game for me rn).

Then we'll probably get another directors cut and/or pc port announcement.

Monday 13th January 2020 - Almost like something happened after that time, can't think what though.
Same thing that happened to everyone else, I know. But some are clearly still able to put on shows regularly and 2021 hasn't been as bad as 2020 in terms of that thing that happened.

Only three SoPs so far, no major E3-style event, no official Gamescom announcement, etc. At this rate I'll be surprised if they're at TGS. Sony really needs to be more transparent on what events they have planned at least a month or two out, don't even have to say what'll be at the event. Just say they got an event locked down for such and such date.

Pretty much all wishful thinking to expect anything new announced for this year but that would be nice. Maybe Factions 2 is a possibility if anything.

Im kinda thinking we'll probably get at least one or two new announcements. Official Horizon delay, more Death Loop, Kena, and possibly Sifu (actually most interested Ps5 game for me rn).

Then we'll probably get another directors cut and/or pc port announcement.

Seems sensible. Actually doubt they'll show off any more Death Loop but they will market it in the launch period. Might get a final Kena gameplay segment in another SoP along with Sifu. And they MIGHT show off gameplay for next CoD there as well.

I'm just expecting one last big-ish SoP for the year probably early September then if the PlayStation Experience stuff is true that'll probably be in December with Ragnarok trailer and quick gameplay snippets. Also if the MGS Blue Point rumors are true they'll probably have a cinematic trailer reveal for that at PlayStation Experience too.

For whatever reason I'm doubting they'll do any of that for the TGAs especially if Microsoft and/or Nintendo have plans for big reveals at that show, Sony have established they feel more comfortable holding big news for their own events going forward. But depending on when Death Stranding: Director's Cut comes out, I can see them doing a gameplay segment for new content at TGAs and/or some orchestra segment for music in the game.

Last edited:

kyoji

Sony is breaking gaming history records of money generated, consoles sold and games sold, and their 1st party games are selling better than ever and winning more GOTYs than ever.

They don't give a fuck if their games impress a specific single person or not as can be you. They are performing better than they ever did.

Regarding their hype bullets, it would be stupid to spend them now that they don't have consoles in the stores beacuse every new batch gets sold out in a few minutes. They will spend them when needed, once shipments achieve a level where shops get a steady stock again.

Silent Hill remake won't exist and we don't know if MGS will happen. If it happen, very likely will be top tier stuff like Horizon, GOW, GT7 and FF16.

In any case, I think that in the coming months -whenever they are able to have enough stock in the stores that last for weeks and not a few minutes- they can show in addition to the other games you mention:
-TLOU2 MP game
-TLOU2 Director's Cut: a PS5 version of the game bundled with TLOU1R and maybe the MP game
-Insomniac's 2022 game (Spider-Man 2?)
-Guerrilla's other game that they have been developing since 2018 (Killzone or a new IP?)
-London Studio's AAA game
-Sony Santa Monica's new IP (but may wait a year or two to show it)
-The game developed by the Destiny/Halo guys (in development since 2018)
-Arrowhead's next game
-Team Asobi's next (PSVR2 launch game)
-PSVR2 full reveal
-PS Now (and maybe PS Plus) next gen improvements

He said that they had more than 25 games under development back in May, and we officially know they have in the works:
-Dreams
-Ratchet Rift Apart
-Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut
-Death Stranding Director's Cut
-Horizon 2
-GoWR
-GT7
-TLOU2 Factions MP game
-Team Asobi's next game
-Haven's first game
-Firewalk's first game
-Deviation's first game
-Bend Studio's new IP
-Guerrilla's other game being developed since 2018 (via job offers/LinkedIn)
-Sony Santa Monica's other game that isn't GoWR (via job offers)
-Sony London's next game (via job offers)
-Housemarque's next AAA game, to be bigger and more ambitious than Returnal
-Uncharted 4 PC port

Even if not mentioned oficially we know they have:
-TLOU1 remake
-TLOU2 PS5/Director's Cut
-Another Uncharted spin-off, we don't know if canned when Bend left the project or if ND continued with it
-2 or 3 Insomniac games (the next one very likely to be for 2022, and may be Spider-Man 2)
-Ghost of Tsushima 2
-More PC ports to be handled by Nixxes
-Games from their deal with Kadokawa
-Pretty likely the next games from Bluepoint, Arrowhead and other 2nd party studios like KojiPro

Sony's AAA games take around 5 (or even up to 7 or 8) years to be developed and due to covid you may add maybe another one. They now prefer to show them when close to release, around a year or two before release. Some of these games may be still in early stages of development, so obviously won't show them now, they will show them when ready.
Add WILD to the list www.wildsheepstudio.com

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I hope the show comes before September and what I'd like to see

The new Uncharted
Final Fantasy 16
Forspoken
God of War: Ragnorak
Horizon Forbidden West
TLOU remake
Gran Turismo 7
A new platformer from Asobi, Pixelopus, or Media Molecule

Last edited:

kyoji

True, if the game is still in development (not sure, but I'd say it's the case) it should be in the list. I forgot to include the next MLB and Pixel Opus game too.
it definitively is, and the team has been hiring like crazy lately. So hopefully we get a re-reveal for PS5 and a release date sometime soonish~ as it was first revealed back in late 2014. The title seemed a bit to ambitious for last gen so im thinking they have been working on a ps5 version too.

yurinka

it definitively is, and the team has been hiring like crazy lately. So hopefully we get a re-reveal for PS5 and a release date sometime soonish~ as it was first revealed back in late 2014. The title seemed a bit to ambitious for last gen so im thinking they have been working on a ps5 version too.
Yep. It's something typical from the Michel Ancel games, they always take a gazillion years to be developed.

supernova8

Banned
I just want to see something that is breathtakingly next-gen. I don't even care if it's from Sony or Microsoft or a PC-only publisher. Just fucking give me something.

I want the PS5 equivalent of the Killzone 2 reveal (not a CGI bullshot though) or the Uncharted 4 reveal thing where Drake wakes up in a puddle.

It doesn't even have to be coming out til like 2023, just fucking show me what I can look forward to. Also stick all logo reveals/CGI reveals up your dick.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
its Genuinely gonna be crazy if Sony has a peak holiday period without an exclusive or first party game. Are they just going to go all in on COD?
take the time needed for horizon but man, kinda sucks….I’ll just stretch out this got playthrough. :/

shubik

Aren't Naughty Dog supposed to be working on some sci-fi game..? That would be a cool reveal.

Don´t get your hopes up. The next thing you will see from Naughty Dog will be The last of Us Fractions. They are heavily working on that and I´m pretty sure this will be a stand-alone multiplayer title that will probably be bundled with PS Plus at the end of the year.

I have insider information that there will be a event on August 19th

If that does happen then I have insider information it's in September

If that does happen then I have insider information it's in October

If that does happen then I have insider information it's in November

If that does happen then I have insider information it's in December
Actually, I can do you one better.

I got super solid inside info that says there will be an event during this decade. Don't ask me how I know this.

Last edited:

FingerBang

Supposedly wew Souls and Wipeout are in the making. Man, I can't even imagine how mind-blowing a next-gen Wipeout could look like.

I heard about another exclusive game from FS, but I don't expect that to happen anytime soon. I would say at least 2023, but most likely it's going to be a 2024 game. If we're lucky, we might see something next year.

AmuroChan

Most of these insiders have been wrong on a multitude of things. They're basically just guessing every month. So eventually they'll hit on the right month.

Most of these insiders have been wrong on a multitude of things. They're basically just guessing every month. So eventually they'll hit on the right month.
Are maybe the event never happens this year. We already know what is coming out so it’s not like the event is needed.

The only reason people think this event is happening is because MS already had a couple but Sony does not need to react to everything MS does.

I dunno what this show would be on the 19th..but whatever the next big event is, could be a home run if its punctuated with an epic God of War Ragnarok trailer and at least 1 teaser for a new 1st party PS5 exclusive.

nbkicker

Are maybe the event never happens this year. We already know what is coming out so it’s not like the event is needed.

The only reason people think this event is happening is because MS already had a couple but Sony does not need to react to everything MS does.
I think people are thinking it coming as there normally three events in the yr which cover all the regions, june is e3, aug gamerscom, sep tokyo games show and normally all three companys have a showing, so far microsoft looks like it covering them all, but sony is staying to quiet at the min, hopefully its not because they got nothing to show for this year
Im still sticking with my prediction from back in june that sonys next show will be thu 26th aug

Last edited:

Elios83

This is not true because Sony has officially announced twice that they will have more announcements during summer.
And they mentioned by themselves updates about Horizon, God of War and PSVR2. No one asked them specifically about those things.

Something is definetly happening, they also need to promote the new COD, GTAV, confirm the Horizon 2 delay (if true) and give updates on future titles.
The problem is that no one knows exactly the date (early September after Gamescom seems realistic to me), Sony's marketing strategy has changed and they won't announce things several weeks before the actual date and in the meantime there are many fake twitter insiders that constantly try to pass their guesses as insider knowledge to get attention and make hits but it's true that something is happening before the end of summer.

Last edited:

nbkicker

This is not true because Sony has officially announced twice that they will have more announcements during summer.
And they mentioned by themselves updates about Horizon, God of War and PSVR2. No one asked them specifically about those things.

Something is definetly happening, they also need to promote the new COD, GTAV, confirm the Horizon 2 delay (if true) and give updates on future titles.
The problem is that no one knows exactly the date (early September after Gamescom seems realistic to me), Sony's marketing strategy has changed and they won't announce things several weeks before the actual date and in the meantime there are many fake twitter insiders that constantly try to pass their guesses as insider knowledge to get attention and make hits but it's true that something is happening before the end of summer.
They said more announcements during summer , aug is the the last month in summer, sept is first month of autumn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom