• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Playstation event is rumored to be on the 19th August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hezekiah

Banned
People are so thirsty, they'll believe anything when it comes to dates.

Looking forward to seeing GT7, but I want the games to be ready to be shown, not interested in seeing a bunch of 'target' CGI vids.

Elios83

They said more announcements during summer , aug is the the last month in summer, sept is first month of autumn

Summer ends on September 20th on planet earth 🌏 :messenger_grinning:
Imo they will do something right after Gamescom during the first week of September but we'll see, Sony is unpredictable at this point.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

Supposedly wew Souls and Wipeout are in the making. Man, I can't even imagine how mind-blowing a next-gen Wipeout could look like.
Shinobi also retweeted the rumor about the PS5 exclusive From Software game
Nickelodeon Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Bullet Club

Edit: Old news

Rumor – New State Of Play Due August 19, Will Confirm Horizon Forbidden West Delay And Surprise Reveal​

tJiH5yB.jpg

Sony is set to host a new State of Play broadcast on August 19, according to Future Game Show producer James Jarvis.

While it was believed the State of Play event would be announced on August 10, which obviously didn’t happen, the broadcast itself may yet still be confirmed. Jarvis believes it will play host to an official delay for Horizon Forbidden West, as well as feature a surprise announcement.

In addition, the next State of Play event is expected to offer an extended look at Kena: Bridge of Spirits and an update on Gran Turismo 7.

Sony has been pretty quiet this summer when it comes to big announcements, so a new State of Play would indeed be welcome.

With much of the company’s major titles delayed to next year, it needs to pull a few tricks out of the hat to entice consumers for the remainder of the year – especially if Horizon is indeed also postponed.

Source: PSU

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

Hopefully this is true. I can't wait to see Uncharted, God of War Ragnorak, FF16, Forspoken, Horizon Forbidden West and Gran Turismo 7. 1 or 2 surprises would be nice too

Hobbygaming

The potential is there for a great show if they want

From Software PS5 exclusive
Call of Duty Vanguard
Final Fantasy XVI
Forspoken
God of War Ragnorak
Gran Turismo 7
Horizon Forbidden West
Firewalker's exclusive
Deviation Games exclusive

Rumored games that could be there
TLOU remake
Uncharted
Remedy Games exclusive
Wipeout

I don't think we'll see From's next game announced just yet. I don't think we'll see the new God of War at this event either.

Remember, Sony probably has another show towards the end of the year and I think they'd like to cap off the PS5's first year by showing us upcoming titles at the end of the year.

Exciting times either way

Klik

This has been a shit year for gaming, everything delayed, most of the games coming in Q4 2022.Only bright star is BF 2042.

So i guess there is no rush.. Maybe just make a big 2 hour PSX event in Junuary/February with lot of games and PSVR 2 reveal. By then PS5 could be finally available in stores

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom