• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

starjackas

Neo Member
Hi all! Well I haven’t actually done a into thread in a very long time as this will be the first real forum I’ve actually signed up for where I want to be active for once and not lurk. I’ve been gaming a while under the alias starjackas, so it would be cool if anyone still knows me by that here. Just trying to be more active, get plugged in with the scene can’t be a lonewolf forever.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Hi all! Well I haven’t actually done a into thread in a very long time as this will be the first real forum I’ve actually signed up for where I want to be active for once and not lurk. I’ve been gaming a while under the alias starjackas, so it would be cool if anyone still knows me by that here. Just trying to be more active, get plugged in with the scene can’t be a lonewolf forever.
Welcome! You picked the best forum to sign up for. You sound very similar to me, I lurked a ton before signing up here. Been some of the most fun I've had. Really hope you stick around and enjoy your time here.

tenor.gif

Ian Henry

Hey! I was just wondering if it is possible to promote my stuff such as artwork, books, and podcasts. Is it against the rules to do that or not?

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Hey! I was just wondering if it is possible to promote my stuff such as artwork, books, and podcasts. Is it against the rules to do that or not?
Hey.

I would say it depends on if it's relevant to an ongoing discussion. Outright promoting your stuff in threads/posts likely falls under self-promotion. You might want to double check with EviLore EviLore before posting.

As it says in the terms and rules:

E. Self-Promotion and Spam

Do not create new threads promoting a product or service you have any involvement in, or paste PR materials for promotional purposes, or attempt to embed referral links in your posts to generate revenue. If an existing discussion is taking place directly involving something you are associated with, you may participate in order to answer questions, clarify details, and otherwise engage with the community, but as a person, not an advertisement.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Never did introduce myself, I've been lurking this forum for a while but decided to join in. I am a software developer, I enjoy retro games and some newer games but microtransactions and always online crap rubs me the wrong way, love horror films and like discussing politics quite a bit.
Welcome to GAF!

Great to have another Horror buff on the site. If you ever find yourself in the Communities section we'd love to have you in the Horror fan community

Scream Sprite GIF by Le Leader

ShadowDurza

Neo Member
I'm ShadowDurza. I like a lot of different games but my favorite would have to be free-movent 3rd person progression-based action games. 2nd would be 3D platformers, 3rd would be 3D hack-and-slash games, 4th Action RPGs, 5th would be turn-based RPGs, 6th would be 2D platformers. 7th would be 3D metroidvanias, 8th would be digital TTGs/CCGs, 9th would be 3D Sonic fan games and spiritual successors (at least until SEGA wises up and hires the team behind Sonic GT even as consultants), and 10th would be 2D Metroidvanias.

Beyond that, I like superpower-based Action, Adventure, and Battle Anime and Manga, cartoons, and music (but no specific genre or artist).

I'm really good at writing, especially script writing, and am currently working on a one-shot for a heavily Manga-inspired comic with an artist that I intend to publish in the hopes of going into a full-on serialization. On the side I'm writing for a small team of genius game developers.

As for what I want to do here, I like coming up with ideas for video games and writing basic design documents and figured this would be the best place to share them.

I hope I can help yo enhance everyone's experience.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Potentially, I left a movie discord recently because of a douchebag moderator so I have been looking for a new movie/horror group to chat in. Thanks~
Sorry to hear that.

I think you will find that we are very chill and laid back on this site. All opinions are welcome. I'm glad to see you have been posting in there.

My Man GIF by memecandy

belmarduk

Potentially, I left a movie discord recently because of a douchebag moderator so I have been looking for a new movie/horror group to chat in. Thanks~

Douchebag moderators are so prevalent in Discord.
Are there enough HorrorGAF regulars to start a Discord chat? I'd join that one or make one.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Hello everyone, I probably posted in here years ago but I'll reintroduce myself.

Mid 30s midwest gamer. I don't play too many modern games, mostly Resident Evil and various things here and there. Much more into retro gaming because I have a crap ton of classic consoles and great games for them.

GAF is a lot of fun. It's actually more fun now than it was back during it's height. There were a lot of gatekeepers back then and just all around petty assholes that seemed to look down on the bulk of the members. It seems like 99% of them have left. I remember being nervous about posting a thread on the WiiU launch date, sharing the news that it upres'd Wii games. I knew people in the thread would dog pile on my terminology (I wasn't wrong in certain respects).

Huge fan of horror movies and music. I've been going hard on some hair metal the past few months because it's probably the one major genre that I never really dug into. Dokken is easily my favorite so far. I participate in poli-gaf but try my best to not come off as an asshole. I mostly lurk there now. Navy vet and poli-sci/foreign policy degree holder, useless paper but something that is super interesting to me, I pay attention to it like people do sports.

Huge fan of the WiiU and the Sega Saturn, Classic Resident Evil games of course too. I have a YouTube but don't post it here due to fear of being doxxed. Shame things have come to that.

If I'm ever being a dick, please call me out. I really get no enjoyment whatsoever about arguing with people about games or politics. I always try to keep my negative side in check and just want to help make this a positive and fun place to be. Too much hate in the world. We're all in this together and I love every one of you regardless of how our opinions may differ.

arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

Termite

Is there any rough guide as to how long you remain a "Neo" member? Just realised I've been on here two months now and still can't make a thread.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any rough guide as to how long you remain a "Neo" member? Just realised I've been on here two months now and still can't make a thread.
Might be worth giving EviLore EviLore a shout. I remember reading it is usually a month. As long as you have a good posting history, I'm sure he can sort it for you. If not, I'm sure you won't be a Neo Member for much longer. Just keep contributing well around the forums. :)

Airbus Jr

Banned
Users can't remove you from threads. Moderation removed you. Send a private message to a moderator or contact support if you have moderation concerns. Don't derail unrelated threads.
Hey wheres the ban justice discusion thread?

O-N-E removed me from AOT ( Attack on Titan) thread just because he cant handle some AoT light joke meme

Can someone adress him?

Thanks

Last edited:
I genuinely can't remember if I ever introduced myself. Haven't been a member for too long, kind of forgot about the site a bit as I was bouncing around many forums but want to try make this my main forum.

I'm not a huge fan of the fast-paced discord style messaging with thousands of members in a chat, forum is more my pace. Anyway, nearly 30, been gaming since I was about 8 years old I guess. Owned every PS console there is and also do a lot of PC gaming.

Other interests include Web design, reading (mainly fantasy), music (metal mainly), and general Internet history/culture (this fascinates me). I'm excited to be a part of this site and get more active with posting etc. I'm also currently waiting on a username change to Bert Big Balls to match my profile pic lmao, so if an admin could take a look at that it'd be great, been waiting a fair few days.

Anyway, glad to be here for the long haul and learn more about the sites history and culture. Cheers all.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I genuinely can't remember if I ever introduced myself. Haven't been a member for too long, kind of forgot about the site a bit as I was bouncing around many forums but want to try make this my main forum.

I'm not a huge fan of the fast-paced discord style messaging with thousands of members in a chat, forum is more my pace. Anyway, nearly 30, been gaming since I was about 8 years old I guess. Owned every PS console there is and also do a lot of PC gaming.
I'm glad you found your way to GAF!

I can relate to the second part a lot. I have got offers to use Discord but I just don't enjoy interacting in that way. Especially with social anxiety. I prefer to think out my posts first, and it is easier to keep up with the conversation flow on forums.

I'm glad you found your way to GAF!

I can relate to the second part a lot. I have got offers to use Discord but I just don't enjoy interacting in that way. Especially with social anxiety. I prefer to think out my posts first, and it is easier to keep up with the conversation flow on forums.
Agreed. I am in one discord server but it's tiny with probably 30 members so the chat isn't fast paced. Thanks for the reply, glad to be here!

Other interests include Web design, reading (mainly fantasy), music (metal mainly), and general Internet history/culture (this fascinates me). I'm excited to be a part of this site and get more active with posting etc. I'm also currently waiting on a username change to Bert Big Balls to match my profile pic lmao, so if an admin could take a look at that it'd be great, been waiting a fair few days.

Anyway, glad to be here for the long haul and learn more about the sites history and culture. Cheers all.
Welcome to the forums, Bert! I too prefer the pace/structure of an internet forum. What kind of PC games do you play?

Welcome to the forums, Bert! I too prefer the pace/structure of an internet forum. What kind of PC games do you play?
Haha cheers Ernie! I play a bit of everything really. Currently playing SWTOR with a friend, we love star wars but for some reason never gave the game a go.

Other than that some of my favourite games are Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Nier Automata, Horizon Zero Dawn, the modern Tomb Raiders, Doom (whole franchise but Eternal is my favourite), Half Life 2 (currently waiting on a VR set to arrive so I can play Alyx).

I've got a big thing for looters if they're done correctly. So yeah, dunno I kind of like loads of different stuff really.

Top Bottom