• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

guerrilla999

Neo Member
Im an adult male whos exclusively into military /stealth/ shooters and martial arts GTA/Dirt rally

How do you unlock thread posting?

Ghost of Tsushima will be the first game I've purchased on release day in years!

I hope its not too RPG and focuses on action

give us a next gen tenchu WITHOUT unlocks and microtranz

(Never happen)

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
Im an adult male whos exclusively into military /stealth/ shooters and martial arts GTA/Dirt rally

How do you unlock thread posting?

Ghost of Tsushima will be the first game I've purchased on release day in years!

I hope its not too RPG and focuses on action

give us a next gen tenchu!!!!

Welcome! I believe it's 50 posts and one month of membership.

BlueHawk357

Hello, my name is Shaun. Married with children. Manager at a place I'm not legally aloud to talk about.

Ex programmer, and have made a game in the past, but I won't disclose any further. I have a vast knowledge of technology. Love Football.

See you around buckos.

Last edited:

gazzara

Neo Member
Hi all. My name is Gary and I'm originally from the UK but now live in Sweden. I work in the gaming industry in Sweden and am also studying for a BA Hons in Photography. As I live on a 60 acre farm here my passion is to photograph the local area with a view to documenting the Sami's way of life.

The games I play now are a lot different to my twitch shooter days due to age and reaction times getting a lot worse. Current faves are Diablo 3, Terraria and The Elder Scrolls Online. I do love a bit of the Borderlands franchise also.

sobaka770

Banned
HI everyone. I've been lurking on and off for a while looking to get a bit more active around here.

My name is Sergey, born Russian, residing and working in Switzerland. I love story-based games, third person action and RPGs, but I do get my Grand Strategy and shooter urges from time to time.

Excited for next-gen and all the announcements in the coming month(s), the new Last of Us and I guess Diablo 4 down the line. I secretly wish Bioware would remaster/remake Mass Effect and give us a proper sequel.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Hello all! Currently playing through FF7 Remake on PS4 and Snowrunner on Xbox. Excited for next gen!
Hello everyone!
I'm a software engineer from EU and a long time gaming enthusiast, supporting all platforms and genres.
Happy to be part of this community!
Hi all. My name is Gary and I'm originally from the UK but now live in Sweden. I work in the gaming industry in Sweden and am also studying for a BA Hons in Photography. As I live on a 60 acre farm here my passion is to photograph the local area with a view to documenting the Sami's way of life.

The games I play now are a lot different to my twitch shooter days due to age and reaction times getting a lot worse. Current faves are Diablo 3, Terraria and The Elder Scrolls Online. I do love a bit of the Borderlands franchise also.
HI everyone. I've been lurking on and off for a while looking to get a bit more active around here.

My name is Sergey, born Russian, residing and working in Switzerland. I love story-based games, third person action and RPGs, but I do get my Grand Strategy and shooter urges from time to time.

Excited for next-gen and all the announcements in the coming month(s), the new Last of Us and I guess Diablo 4 down the line. I secretly wish Bioware would remaster/remake Mass Effect and give us a proper sequel.

Welcome to GAF everyone!

(CSI hacking): I'm in.

Hey, everyone.

I'm way more into storytelling than I should be and that couldn't have been translated into gaming any better.

Used to live and breathe videogames for a pretty big part of my younger life, until I kinda fell out of love with it, for various reasons. Though now it's looking like I'm slowly but surely being pulled back in. So I've started saving up for a PC and cautiously looking forward to see what the new consoles and new technology for video cards bring to the table. From what I gather, I've built up a humongous backlog of things I'd wanna go through, but as of now, still trying to stay well away from any and all spoilers for well...everything.

During my aforementioned extended sabbatical, I got myself wrapped in movies and shows, so right now I'm steadily chipping away at the Library Of Alexandria that is the world's collection of this other visual medium.

As for NeoGaf, I've heard pretty good things about it and it turns out it looks exactly like the type of community I would've been excited to be a part of back in the day. Though now I'm a bit different and relatively less excitable, even as a mostly traditional lurker, I'm sure spending time here is going to be the kind of experience I'll be happy with.

Rob_27

Rob here. Thought I had joined previously well years ago. But couldn't find login details.

Been following and reading comments for ages.

Have all the latest consoles and plan to purchase the newer ones later this year.

Live in Greater London area.

Hi there, not sure if this is ok to post here but I dont see any help desk area anywhere, to the admin in charge, I dont know what happen but it looks like I cant post anymore new topics or threads, is there a limitation as to how much I can post, I didn't received any alerts or warnings or whatsoever, can anyone put me some lights here?, please and thank you.

jigglet

Banned
Hi all,

I've been a lurker here for 14 years, no kidding. I never thought I needed an account because it seemed the community was so diverse that almost everything I wanted to say was being said by someone. I was just happy to use this as a new source and to keep a finger on the pulse of what's going on in the industry. I finally decided to create an account after finding it increasingly difficult to avoid the censors on Reddit when it comes to political discussion. I hope it doesn't end up being the same thing here - I am a huge supporter of freedom of expression.

My journey here is a funny one. I initially abandoned this place for Resetera (I was never a member there either, just a lurker), as I was given the impression that this place was full of alt right assholes. I soon discovered this was not the truth - the reality was, there are a few right-leaning people here, however there are lots of far left leaning people on Resetera. To me, anyone on any extreme of the left / right spectrum are the same shade of stupid. I simply found this place to be more sensible in general and prefer to follow the discussions that take place here.

My background; I grew up a huge Nintendo nut, but now I play R6 Siege almost exclusively, and have done so for nearly 5 years - I'm talking about 4-12 hour sessions a day. In fact other than a few Nintendo first party games, I don't really play any non-Siege games at all. This is another reason I hesitated to join Neogaf; this forum seems to skew heavily towards single player games and there seems to be a general hatred towards GaaS games. Once I get posting privileges I hope to create a post from the perspective of a GaaS gamer which I think is sorely lacking here :)

Cheers

ACESHIGH

Banned
Hi! Good to be here. Just as stated above I just want to talk about videogames without someone censoring me like in Era. I just stood up for the DF guy in the Ion Fury thread and got a huge ban out of nowhere.

Background: NES Clone from 5 to 8 years old. SNES/PC from 9 to 12 - PS1/PC from 12 to 18 - PS2/Wii from 25/26 and PC only gamer since late 2013. I Pretty much missed the 6th and 7th generations of gaming, been playing catch up since.

Shaqazooloo

Hi there, not sure if this is ok to post here but I dont see any help desk area anywhere, to the admin in charge, I dont know what happen but it looks like I cant post anymore new topics or threads, is there a limitation as to how much I can post, I didn't received any alerts or warnings or whatsoever, can anyone put me some lights here?, please and thank you.
Probably should ask in this thread:

Probably should ask in this thread:

Already did, thank you

Pree-mo

Banned
Hello All,

Thought what the heck let's give this a shot.

I'm certainly looking to test the boundaries around here admittedly. I've been a long, long time viewer and I've noticed some subtle capitulation to the wrong side of history here as the world gets a tiny bit more exciting these days. I especially look forward to positively contributing to the forum in the form of name calling and reality observance.

Please forgive some of my posting habits in advance as I will almost exclusively be posting from a mobile.

Thank you all for welcoming me with such open arms and understanding that a superior being has joined you in the schadenfreude that is this teetering, ambiguous platform that has an important role to play in many people's lives. I will guide you from here on.

-regards

Test test. Are the mods here really that gay, retarded and evil? How fucking long does it take to approve an innocent post? Wtf is going on here? Hello? Mcfly? Shower intruder? Hello?

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Hi all, looking forward to posting here. Big fan of FPS, Adventure, and RPGs. Been getting more into JRPGs lately. Xbox, Playstation, and Switch. Also really enjoy messing retro hardware. Will be building a new PC this year so I can jump back in after a few years of being console only.

Last edited:

gmoshier

Neo Member
Hello everyone. I read somewhere here that a member can post a thread for you if you don't have that ability yet? I have been stuck with an NP-39227-3 error code since April for Division 2 on PS4. I pre-ordered the Warlords of NY expansion back in February and noticed this error code shortly after playing it in April. I can't get any relevant help from Playstation Support and the Ubisoft forums haven't been much help either.

Last edited:
Hi! Been registered a while but kept forgetting to actually start posting and such. Mostly looking to lurk and read people's impressions on games i'm also interested in, looking forward to seeing what this community is like :)

Jooxed

Gold Member
I just got permabanned from resetera for giving official US crime statistics. So hi Neogaf i guess.
Hi! Been registered a while but kept forgetting to actually start posting and such. Mostly looking to lurk and read people's impressions on games i'm also interested in, looking forward to seeing what this community is like :)
Hi all, looking forward to posting here. Big fan of FPS, Adventure, and RPGs. Been getting more into JRPGs lately. Xbox, Playstation, and Switch. Also really enjoy messing retro hardware. Will be building a new PC this year so I can jump back in after a few years of being console only.

Welcome to GAF.

batti

Neo Member
Hoi, this post has been a long time coming but here we are. I mostly play on PC and sneaking on my bro's PS4. Honestly, I don't really follow game news so I'm not even bothered about what's coming out this year. My avi is from Batman: The Long Halloween, obviously, but it's mostly there because it looks cool and I don't really recall why I picked that specific one

gmoshier

Neo Member
Hi everyone. How long does it take before you become a "member" over here? A person with "member" status can post topics on here?

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It's a little late but I want to say hello to everyone:messenger_waving:. I am here because there is nobody around me interested in games. I have a daughter, 3 years old, loves to play car racing with the steering wheel and Mario, but we can't talk about games deeply yet:messenger_grinning:.

I was brought up with Pokemon, got violent with "Street fighter", "Duke nukem" and "Carmageddon", got competitive with "Counter Strike", satisfied my sportive aspect with "PES", thought tactically and role-played with "Fallout 1-2", took my first step into open world with "Oblivion".

And here i am, an uncle who is called "boomer" by his nephews, can't play Fortnite properly, can't persuade his nephews to play Cod with him, constantly beaten by Fifa kids with their above 90 players.

English is not my mother tongue, i am sure it was not noticed at all:messenger_beaming:. but I think I can express my thoughts in here. I'm here as long as you welcome me. Glad to be here. So see you on other topics:lollipop_raising_hand:

Svperstar

Neo Member
Turning 40 soon. Been playing games since I was 4.

Got my first PC in 1996 and been a PC only gamer since then, only play console games with emulators. Recently finished Trials of Mana and just got Dungeon Defenders Awakened.

I mainly play RPGs and FPS. Xcom and Doom are my favorite games of all time.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Turning 40 soon. Been playing games since I was 4.

Got my first PC in 1996 and been a PC only gamer since then, only play console games with emulators. Recently finished Trials of Mana and just got Dungeon Defenders Awakened.

I mainly play RPGs and FPS. Xcom and Doom are my favorite games of all time.
Howdy!

Thank you for accepting my membership!

Dunno what to say about myself — I like frogs and RPGs.

Glad to be here, this forum seems nice and welcoming.

Welcome friends!

Lumpkin

Neo Member
Hey everyone from NEOGAF! I joined this huge community (from what I've seen) and I fell in love! How didn't I find this earlier? Anyways, I joined NEOGAF because I like playing games, specially oldschool rpgs, like Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Castlevania Aria of Sorrow! I like music too, specially the lofi category and I read and write (although I've been writing a book for almost 3 years now). Looking forward to meet you all amazing people and thanks for approving me!

Last edited:

Pacific

Neo Member
Hi guys, I'm Pacific. I'm a veteran of Gamefaqs and have been on there for nearly five years now. I was always curious about other gaming forums as Gfaqs is really the only one I used. So, I decided to make a neogaf account. This place seems cool.

Loun

Neo Member
So huh, hi, I'm Loun.

I created an account on NeoGAF mainly because of the Gaming thread on it, which looks full of nice people and interesting discussions.

I'm passionate about video games, technologies, open-source related things, and pixel-art. I'm using Linux Mint as my primary OS, and I use Windows 10 when I really need a Windows-only program. (fortunately, that's not often. Wine mostly does the trick.)

I'm still playing on my old PS3, and I'm also playing on PS Vita, Wii U, and PC. I don't own a current-gen console and will most likely not buy one of the news consoles, because I kinda hate online subscriptions. ^^'

NeoGAF seemed like a nice place to create my account after I looked the PS5 discussions and stuff (well, apart for some trolls here and there, but nothing too bad at all).

Well, that's all I have to say, I think. Hope NeoGAF is effectively the nice place I felt like it was. :messenger_relieved:

Hey guys, thank you for the approval. Long time lurker, now with too much free time in my hands so though I might add some opinions here and there :)

Talking about myself, my least favorite topic, I'm a 37y old guy, playing games since I was 4. Mostly a Sega fan through my teen years, shifted to PC and Sony consoles for the most part since 95 or 96 up until today.

Well... see you around the forums :D

Top Bottom