• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Crunchy Roll have the double zeta series?

I've never really watched it before but I think I need to close the gap between Zeta Gundam and Char's counterattack.

Beth Cyra

So we've finally scene the dwarf Twin Buster Rilfe combo. It has the ability to level beyond that of even the Sat Canon.

So the full Double Dwarves Buster is likely going to be near that of Twin Sat. So in essence they took one of the most overpowered weapons and turned it up by 10 and then made a weapon that is even stronger then that.

They sure have a hard on for op guns in Wing universe.

Gundam Seed Destiny HD Remaster BD Episode 19
CALgN8gUMAE0zrl.png

Love seeing a happy Shinn. After all the pain and suffering he went through in the past, he is most deserving of rewards and a good time. I hope he keeps on earning them as we go on.

Interesting conversation finally bringing up the profits of war for the series. Really intriguing, especially everyones reactions over it and the Logos implication.

Shun

CALgN8gUMAE0zrl.png

Love seeing a happy Shinn. After all the pain and suffering he went through in the past, he is most deserving of rewards and a good time. I hope he keeps on earning them as we go on.

Interesting conversation finally bringing up the profits of war for the series. Really intriguing, especially everyones reactions over it and the Logos implication.

tumblr_m211zj7q8B1qgtn9lo1_500.gif

CALgN8gUMAE0zrl.png

He looks like some sort of demented demon spawn.

Put Squall between them and we have the perfect conversation.
Squall would at least tell somebody to go talk to a wall.
Naw Shinn is just expressing his love for his immortal bestie, that stud muffin Athrun.
If they went that route in Seed Destiny it would've done a better job of explaining why Shinn went all batshit when he realized Athrun
wasn't going to be swayed to his side.
But yes Athrun is a stud, everybody wants a piece of him, but everybody knows Kira comes first in Athruns heart.

Wubby

I got gunplaaaa~

And these little keroro nippers

Oooh God Hand nippers. I've been wanting to get a pair of those keroro's for general use. I got the big brother to those nippers last year. Absolutely love them. Been wanting to write up a longer review of them to post here but have just been so lazy lately. Guess I'll do a bit now.

God Hand Ultimate Nippers SPN-120

jvx8lwBth75EP.jpg

These nippers are unique in that only one side is sharpened. And boy is it sharp. The sharpened side is polished to a mirror finish while the other side is just a blunt edge. This has the affect of stressing the plastic less when cutting through it. The sharpened side really just cuts through plastic like butter. You can use these nippers to cut nubs off the kit so cleanly you won't need to go back and clean it with a file/paper. Nubs on round parts will still need to be cleaned a bit. Works best on flat surfaces.

jbhoPYpReLwwQC.jpg

Due to the way they are sharpened however this also means that these nippers are not really ambidextrous. Not to fear though they do sell a set for lefties the SPN-120-L (the red handled ones). Though the left handed pair seems to be a bit hard to find. Which is saying something because the regular set is always sold out everywhere as well. I managed to get lucky and got both of them from God Hand directly.

There are some downsides. God Hand recommends not cutting anything larger than 3mm. Also they can only be used for plastic. And soft plastic like Bandai is best. I've heard of people breaking their ultimate nippers on harder plastic like the clear aircraft canopy parts. Bandai clear is soft enough you don't have to worry. These nippers will also more than likely get dull at some point. In Japan you can send them back to the factory for 1,000yen or so to be resharpened. How long it would take for them to get that dull I can't say. I've built about ~15 kits or so since getting mine and they are still sharp as ever. I guess another downside would be the cost. 4,320yen msrp... if you can find them. For those living overseas the best option you have I would say is to place a back-order for them at HLJ and wait till they get more in stock.

duckroll

Finished up the RG Zeta today. It's taller and bulkier than the Exia as expected, but it definitely feels like a pretty solid kit. While putting the back waverider armor together and getting it to snap properly into the kit, I just kept telling myself "IWILLNEVERATTEMPTTOTRANFORMTHIS" over and over again. Lol.

Still haven't gotten around to panel lining the RG Exia or applying any of the extra stickers so far. Just feels like too much extra work. I'm so lazy... lol. Plus, I finally picked up the Star Winning Gundam today, so I hope to have that completed before Build Fighters airs this week! :D

Finished up the RG Zeta today. It's taller and bulkier than the Exia as expected, but it definitely feels like a pretty solid kit. While putting the back waverider armor together and getting it to snap properly into the kit, I just kept telling myself "IWILLNEVERATTEMPTTOTRANFORMTHIS" over and over again. Lol.

Still haven't gotten around to panel lining the RG Exia or applying any of the extra stickers so far. Just feels like too much extra work. I'm so lazy... lol. Plus, I finally picked up the Star Winning Gundam today, so I hope to have that completed before Build Fighters airs this week! :D
I can't imagine how that thing is transformable in any way. I'd probably accidentally break it in half. But it's a great looking kit though.

Squall would at least tell somebody to go talk to a wall.

If they went that route in Seed Destiny it would've done a better job of explaining why Shinn went all batshit when he realized Athrun
wasn't going to be swayed to his side.
But yes Athrun is a stud, everybody wants a piece of him, but everybody knows Kira comes first in Athruns heart.

Kind of chuckled this episode when Meer appear (bumped Lunamaria out the way), and then Lunamari was glaring the whole time, then Shinn was constantly looking at Athrun. And of course Athrun acting all awkward, the whole thing is kind of funny each episode. Poor Lunamaria just seems to keep missing the email about Athrun's love.

Kind of chuckled this episode when Meer appear (bumped Lunamaria out the way), and then Lunamari was glaring the whole time, then Shinn was constantly looking at Athrun. And of course Athrun acting all awkward, the whole thing is kind of funny each episode. Poor Lunamaria just seems to keep missing the email about Athrun's love.
Athrun's a bit too sane to want Lunamaria's stalker ass.

Did some detailing and threw on some top coat to Amazing Red Warrior awhile back. Will probably spend a bit more time doing the metallic bits later when I get back from the states next month. Zaku Amazing will be next up.

16774605842_a885d5c244_c.jpg

Also got Hi-Nu Vrabe today, whoop!

16626608857_ec9b7dc012_c.jpg

Get any of the Amazing Rev's to go with it? Really love the look of the Vrabe.

That reminds me the Wing Gundam Zero Hondo is coming out this week!

Nah not yet. Probably going to wait until I get back to the states before I try to grab one or two from my usual spots. Vrabe is dope.

Definitely gonna get Wing Zero Honoo as well!

Shun

There won't be an unusual amount of deaths and it will end.

Several Major deaths from each faction, G-Self and it's backpack being overpowered, 2 more episodes.

Reconguista is visually eyecatching and G-Self and backpacks have everything from a Trans-Am system to mini Gekkou Chou to I-Field to Particle Reflector/Absorb to Mega Beam Cannon.

All he needs are funnels and psychoframe.

RangerBAD

Several Major deaths from each faction, G-Self and it's backpack being overpowered, 2 more episodes.

Reconguista is visually eyecatching and G-Self and backpacks have everything from a Trans-Am system to mini Gekkou Chou to I-Field to Particle Reflector/Absorb to Mega Beam Cannon.

All he needs are funnels and psychoframe.

Right now it's at a norminal level I think. I never said no one will die.

Acid08

Banned
Finished up 08th MS Team and Battle In Three Dimensions. I really liked the entire OVA. Gundams in the jungle was a cool idea that they executed on really well. Only thing I'll say is that the Shiro spy stuff kind of came and went really quickly. I really loved the 12th episode with the Flanagan Institute kids and the reunion with Shiro and Aina. Super cool stuff in there. Three Dimensions was just fucking badass, great fight and gorgeous animation. The fights really were the highlight of the series for me.

Norris was fucking cool:
1239071590332.gif

tumblr_nb3c6umvho1t0xmqoo1_500.gif

The Ez8 was dope:
tumblr_n4lzmzIkSU1s50j4bo5_400.gif

tumblr_mywantWJ3Z1qkcwzfo1_500.gif

tumblr_ncm6j5xWbV1sar29do4_r1_500.gif

Karen and Sanders were my favorites on the team.

Updated tier list:

Best: G, Turn A, Crossbone, Build Fighters

Great: 08th MS Team, Unicorn, ZZ, 0079, F91, Wing

Good: Zeta

Mediocre: Endless Waltz

Bad: SEED

Literal Shit: 00, CCA

0080 is up next. After that I might take a break. Not all that interested in watching any of 0083, X, SEED Destiny, AGE, or Victory.

PhiLonius

I wish we could have another series that took a similar approach to combat and battles like 08th MS Team.

I like when fights involve a bit more strategy and skill rather than one party simply having a better suit than the other or Newtype/etc ability trumping everything.

Finished up 08th MS Team and Battle In Three Dimensions. I really liked the entire OVA. Gundams in the jungle was a cool idea that they executed on really well. Only thing I'll say is that the Shiro spy stuff kind of came and went really quickly. I really loved the 12th episode with the Flanagan Institute kids and the reunion with Shiro and Aina. Super cool stuff in there. Three Dimensions was just fucking badass, great fight and gorgeous animation. The fights really were the highlight of the series for me.

Norris was fucking cool:
1239071590332.gif

tumblr_nb3c6umvho1t0xmqoo1_500.gif

The Ez8 was dope:
tumblr_n4lzmzIkSU1s50j4bo5_400.gif

tumblr_mywantWJ3Z1qkcwzfo1_500.gif

tumblr_ncm6j5xWbV1sar29do4_r1_500.gif

Karen and Sanders were my favorites on the team.

Updated tier list:

Best: G, Turn A, Crossbone, Build Fighters

Great: 08th MS Team, Unicorn, ZZ, 0079, F91, Wing

Good: Zeta

Mediocre: Endless Waltz

Bad: SEED

Literal Shit: 00, CCA

0080 is up next. After that I might take a break. Not all that interested in watching any of 0083, X, SEED Destiny, AGE, or Victory.
Suffer through Destiny like the rest of us. Victory really isn't that bad.
Norris walking like a badass next to the Gouf is too good. Dude went out knowing he was not coming back. Best episode of any Gundam series.
Norris was a fucking BOSS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom