• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The John Wick directors should do a martial arts movie with Jackie Chan

John Wick is already kind of a Jackie Chan-style movie, but with guns. The lack of cuts during action scenes, the meticulous choreography of the fight scenes, the heroism mythology present in the movies.

You know how Jackie Chan complains that Hollywood doesn't know how to make great martial arts movies because of how they shoot scenes? Well it seems the John Wick directors adhere to his philosophy. They could even make the movie a big homage to Chinese kung fu movies, just like how John Wick was an homage to the silent films american films of the 20s and 30s.

I think Jackie Chan is due for a comeback in the West, and the John Wick directors should get on that before he gets too old for it.

Skulldead

Change Jackie, put Donny yen or the raid guy, even tony jaa (that rescue his career with Killzone 2)

But it will not happen...

Goofalo

2 hours of Jackie Chan death defyingly sucking up to the Beijing government and chiding young people for wanting more freedom of speech.

Youngfossil

Neo Member
I Miss young Jackie Chan. Not only was the fighting scenes and action great, a lot were dont all in one shot. He somehow made fighting both exciting and funny. No one around is only his level at his peak.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They should do it with a younger actor like Iko Uwais or even Donnie Yen who isn't a spring chicken but still kicking ass.

Chad Stahelski, the co director of John Wick and the director of John Wick 2, is directing Triple Threat starring Tony Jaa, Tiger Chen, and Iko Uwais.

I think we're good.

Top Bottom