• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The got a couple really good Humble Bundles right now.

Krathoon

Gold Member
They got the Metroidvania bundle and the dungeon crawler bundle.

Each are $25 to get all of the games.

Pretty kick ass stuff. Check it out.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Has anyone played the Metroidvania bundle's games? I've only played Axiom Verge 1, which was good fun. Some of the others look very unique visually with fun mechanics, but I've bought and dropped Metroidvanias in the past so I want to see what others think before I commit.

ssringo

I liked Deaths Gambit. Good stuff after the revamp.

AV2 isn't bad but it's not what wanted from a sequel.

Cookie Cutter looks nice (if you're into that art style) but I didn't like the way it felt to play.

Didn't play 9 Years. I played these games a while back so I don't really remember the details.

Holammer

Someone is inevitably going to recommend the metroidvania bundle for Ghost Song, so I'm just going to slide in here and say "no". The game is hot garbage, don't believe their lies.

Anyway, pretty decent bundles with few dupes even for me.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I liked Deaths Gambit. Good stuff after the revamp.

AV2 isn't bad but it's not what wanted from a sequel.

Cookie Cutter looks nice (if you're into that art style) but I didn't like the way it felt to play.

Didn't play 9 Years. I played these games a while back so I don't really remember the details.

Someone is inevitably going to recommend the metroidvania bundle for Ghost Song, so I'm just going to slide in here and say "no". The game is hot garbage, don't believe their lies.

Anyway, pretty decent bundles with few dupes even for me.
I appreciate the feedback. Death's Gambit looks like one of the more interesting ones, so I could just get the deluxe of that on Steam instead.

Ghost Song stood out for being visually striking, shame you didn't like it. Warning noted

Mortisfacio

Banned
Sometimes I wish I were single with no kids again. Games like Monster Hunter are fun as hell, but so grindy. I just don't have the time to play those anymore while also keeping up with other games I want to check out and still have time for work/family.

Holammer

I appreciate the feedback. Death's Gambit looks like one of the more interesting ones, so I could just get the deluxe of that on Steam instead.

Ghost Song stood out for being visually striking, shame you didn't like it. Warning noted
Major problem for me is the atrocious writing and it borrows heavily from the Dark Souls school of NPC dialogue. Feels like an angsty teen wrote it and self-inserted herself into all the characters. Compare with Batbarian where I enjoyed the tight Monkey Island-esque dialogue and tone, till the game curb stomped me with a horrible difficulty spike anyway.

There are some good and even clever bits in it, but it does not deserve the pedestal some people want to put it on.

SpiceRacz

Has anyone played the Metroidvania bundle's games? I've only played Axiom Verge 1, which was good fun. Some of the others look very unique visually with fun mechanics, but I've bought and dropped Metroidvanias in the past so I want to see what others think before I commit.

Axiom Verge 2 is fantastic from what I played of it (about 6 hours). Very different setting and vibe from the first though. Also really enjoyed Deaths Gambit. I played the vanilla version so I can’t speak for the current game. I know they changed a lot. If you’re into Souls-likes at all, this is imo the best of those 2D clones.

Top Bottom