• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE FINALS Open Beta was played by 7.5 million people

Draugoth

Gold Member
The Open Beta has come to an end! An unforgettable week for us — a whopping 7.5 MILLION contestants entered the arena! Now it’s time for us to hunker down and get back to work on all the fixes and improvements you helped us identify. GG and until next time!

Flutta

Banned
Game is too stressfull for my taste. Also you need to communcate with the team otherwise you will prob have a misrebale experience.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Loved it. Most fun ive had in a multiplayer shooter since Battlefield 4. Some things still needs some adjustments like the classes but the possibilities are endless in part thanks to things like the destruction which is the best ive experience. Anyway, ive pretty much found a multiplayer shooter I can dig into and have fun after all these years. The game ran great on PS5 with very little problems for me other than a couple of glitches where my weapon would get visually stuck in the upward position a couple of times. Game looks great visually too and could easily make distinction between things. The Finals and Helldivers 2 are it for me in the near future.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Was decently fun with clear balance issues. Mostly played Light, and a bit of Medium. Didn't touch Heavy as most others were playing that spamming the shotgun or flamethrower.

Also many of the maps have verticality issues where you'll be frantically looking for the one way up other than the stairs.

Game would stutter/drop to single digit frames when lots of explosions would happen or even sometimes when a player would die. Otherwise no major issues that I remember.

Needs more game modes. Also, Bank It >> Cashout/Quickcash

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
7.5 million. crazy.

Let's hope it can keep those numbers when the full release drops. I actualyl really want to play this game considering the destruction and how fluid it looks.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I had a lot of fun with this. Great level design and really cool presentation in it.
i am a fan of the gameshow aesthetic, not just because it's unique but because it also opens the game up to having tons of modes and different events due to a gameshow... well, being a gameshow and needing that to stay relevant.

I hope these people have enough common sense to release server hosting capabilities so this game can live on past the eventual server shutdown. This seems like one of the few GaaS worthy of preservation

Msamy

Given that their unreleased main game arc raiders have much more awesome concept and graphics embark studios gonna have big success in near future

Last edited:
Being so cheap as to resort to doing something as reprehensible as using AI for what is literally a few hundred dollars worth of VO work doesn't spell well for the rest of the game.

Which by the way did have awful controls on console.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I thought it was complete trash so good for them.

Cant believe this came from the same devs that made Battlefield. just goes to show EA isnt all bad. The devs simply dont have any vision anymore.

Imtjnotu

It was there. I used it.
Frustrated Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Top Bottom