• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 3 announced

MirageMew2

Julian Gerighty is returning to the brand he helped usher into the world. Gerighty has been appointed Executive Producer for The Division Brand, and will make the move once Star Wars Outlaws – a game he is currently overseeing as Creative Director - has shipped.

I was genuinely worried between Star Wars and Heartland AND Avatar it wasn’t happening. Very happy to hear.

Last edited:

Bry0

Nice, I liked 1 more than 2, but I got my moneys worth out of both. Fun games, I don’t mind having a break since it’s probably not coming any time soon.

Last edited:

GHG

The first was one of the biggest letdowns since Watch Dogs. Has the second game in my Ubisoft library for ages but never had the desire to touch it (maybe I got it free, because I don't remember purchasing it).

Not holding my breath but would like to be pleasantly surprised.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Oh Snap GIF by T-Pain

Can't wait to see it in action. Huge fan of it's PVE gameplay.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Not really an announcement, but rather they let it slip. The game doesn’t even have a team assembled from the sounds of it.

Raven117

I enjoyed the first 1. Second one was alright as well. I think the team missed the mark with D.C. The NYC winter/christmas vibe was great.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I liked the first game, second one....not so much

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I really loved both games the same way I love 80s action flicks. Turn your brain off and shoot the bad guys with the bros and watch the numbers go up. Day 1 for me.

MirageMew2

So I’m definitely a huge fan of the first one, came in late to the second one and jumped straight into the WONY expansion. Urban guerrilla warfare is really what made the series shine for me and while I’m cautiously optimistic for Heartlands I’d love to see another return to NYC or some other metro area. The Division is also one of the few Destiny era GAAS to not drop the ball entirely.

The first was one of the biggest letdowns since Watch Dogs. Has the second game in my Ubisoft library for ages but never had the desire to touch it (maybe I got it free, because I don't remember purchasing it).

Not holding my breath but would like to be pleasantly surprised.

The first Division game wasn't spectacular or anything, but it was a very solid game. I played and enjoyed it for the first couple of years. It's main issue was with the story of the main campaign, as well as the end game being pretty dead for too long. It took Massive way too long to drop the first major update.

The second game I essentially ignored. I couldn't understand how a sequel could look worse than the first game graphically. But yeah, I also got it for free too on PS+. Played it for all of 5 mins, but found it to be virtually impenetrable... as is a common issue with trying to noob a GaaS multiple years post-launch.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Step 1 - go back to the winter setting. It can be NY again or some other cold city.
You know what?

Game should embrace climate change.

Imagine random scenarios where you get floods / heavy rains / earthquakes / wild fires and stuff like that.

Fire This Is Fine GIF

Hard to pull of, I know :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
First game was amazing. Second, not so much. I really enjoyed my time with the first game, it was really good fun and the snowy New York backdrop was perfect. Just didn’t carry over as well to DC.

Last edited:
Loved my time with both The Division 1 and 2 so I'm looking forward to it! Oh and perhaps I should be sharing this news with my brother cuz he's the biggest The Division fan I know lol.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Interested and cautiously optimistic.

Liked the first one, Division 2 was better but couldn't hold my attention.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
Given the current storyline in Division 2 referencing the upcoming winter season, emphasis on food security, and some of the talk about St Louis, I’m guessing the next game might take place there.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wait, wasn't there supposed to be a spin-off Division game, Heartland or something, whatever happened to it ?

Mikado

Gold Member
I absolutely loved D2. And yes I played D1 as well. I've said this before, but when it comes to studios, I hate (or love) the game and not the maker. Say what you want about Ubi, but when they do get it right (Division/Wildlands), they get it right.

Hopefully they're actually making D3 and not BG&E:2'ing it for decades -_-

Also, hopefully Massive bring their A team again (the minimal Live Ops crew maintaining D2 haven't been doing the best job unfortunately - their Tier One devs were on Star Wars I guess?)

Between onging Warframe, the upcoming Korean Ass-Game, and D3, here's hoping me and my Looter-Shooter-Enjoyer squad will be eatin' good.

Last edited:

Kurotri

Seems like Ubisoft is banking hard on Massive. Avatar, Star Wars, The Division 3, they are busy as all hell. Here's hoping they have a good setting, as I think the christmas new york setting was really special about TD 1. Summery Washingon just wasn't it.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Division 2 was really good lets be honest lol it just didn’t get the player base. What was “sure as hell not” not good about it ? Lol
I just remember one long weekend I played them back to back and Division 2 felt like the first game and Division 1 like the sequel. It was just better in every single way. And when I say every single way I really do mean it. Like it even looked worse than the first one.

Division 2 was SHIT.

Last edited:
Top Bottom