• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The British Government Has Just Sentenced Me And My Colleagues To Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonJorginho

Banned
So yesterday England announced that all schools were to close, meaning that I could stay in self isolation and stay home and protect my family from getting the virus and ensuring that no-one was at risk to catching the virus.

But they said in their statement that all schools with vulnerable pupils and children with social workers would remain open for the foreseeable future to cater for these children, essentially being a child day care service. This is my ENTIRE school, all our pupils have EHCP plans and most have social workers so that means that we will have to keep going to work throughout this epidemic and potentially be open during holidays if the government sees fit.

This means that I will have to keep working and the kids will have to keep coming in, this means that the risk of me catching the virus and potentially passing it onto my family members at risk is still very much a thing, if not it is larger than before.

So even after I come out of self isolation, me and all my team (with almost of us having high risk family at home), will have to continue working till someone actually gets the virus, or the country goes into total lock-down.

These are fucking crazy times.

Ovek

7Member7
I can tell you right now the Easter holiday and summer holiday will be cancelled for the any staff left over in schools looking after key worker kids and the vulnerable. The school I work in only has a hand full, it's dropping from 650 to 30(ish).

Work as finance/admin but have to help out with pupils a lot, so yeah I am fucked.

Request to work from home, if your school has anything about them they will have VPN remote access to the network allowing you to do your job.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Don't you already have the virus? Weren't you the guy that was raging with high fevers and a cough and still thought it would be a good idea to go out and celebrate your birthday at the bar?

DonJorginho

Banned
Unless you're 90 years old you're being dramatic.

My mother has severe asthma, my sister has severe asthma, my father has heart conditions and a poor immune system.

So yeah, forgive me for not being as calm as I could be mate, this is stressful shit.

DonJorginho

Banned
I can tell you right now the Easter holiday and summer holiday will be cancelled for the any staff left over in schools looking after key worker kids and the vulnerable. The school I work in only has a hand full, it's dropping from 650 to 30(ish).

Request to work from home, if your school has anything about them they will have VPN remote access to the network allowing you to do your job.

So we are working through the holidays then? God help me mate haha.

Well then, they better up my pay for this shit lmao, hope you and your loved ones stay safe mate.

DonJorginho

Banned
Don't you already have the virus? Weren't you the guy that was raging with high fevers and a cough and still thought it would be a good idea to go out and celebrate your birthday at the bar?

I am still self isolating and was never raging aha, I don't remember talking about a bar but if I did, I did not mean it haha I have and still am inside in my home till the two weeks are up.

Cato

Banned
My mother has severe asthma, my sister has severe asthma, my father has heart conditions and a poor immune system.

So yeah, forgive me for not being as calm as I could be mate, this is stressful shit.

Well, don't hug them then and don't be around them. You yourself and the kids will at worst have a mild flu.
Just cut all contacts with the elderly and frail and all will be ok.

Other option is you just get fired right away with no salary. That will be better option?
Fucking hysterical poms. At least with the airlines down we wont get any more whinging poms here in oz. Silver lining.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Well, don't hug them then and don't be around them. You yourself and the kids will at worst have a mild flu.
Just cut all contacts with the elderly and frail and all will be ok.

Other option is you just get fired right away with no salary. That will be better option?
Fucking hysterical poms. At least with the airlines down we wont get any more whinging poms here in oz. Silver lining.

I am going to work for as long as I am made to, I want to keep earning a living and am not gonna run away from my problems, just fucking sucks how the government have raised more questions than answers.

My leadership team are shitting themselves and everything is all over the place, our entire staff are in limbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom