• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 24 Hours of Le Mans 2015 |OT| Nissan enter the fray

Status
Not open for further replies.
One by one, the issues seem to be piling up for the R18s. It's a shame for them to not be at full fighting strength, and there's a long ways to go yet, but the pieces are falling into place for Porsche.

good....good.....

good_good.gif

Shaneus

Strakka car having a piss on the track.
Bahaha, I thought the same thing!

What was with that stupid little tussle between 19 and 7 on the main straight? Can't overtake under yellow and aren't they more than a lap between? Kind of shit form if I'm interpreting it correctly.

Juicy Bob

Bahaha, I thought the same thing!

What was with that stupid little tussle between 19 and 7 on the main straight? Can't overtake under yellow and aren't they more than a lap between? Kind of shit form if I'm interpreting it correctly.
It's just #BANTA mate.

Jibbed

Can someone update me on the last 8 hours or so? I've just woken up and from looking at the timing, it doesn't seem like a lot has changed.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Can someone update me on the last 8 hours or so? I've just woken up and from looking at the timing, it doesn't seem like a lot has changed.

Porsche found pace during the night, Audi had problems with finding the grip in colder weather

Nissan 100 laps down.

Good lord.

I chuckle every time Eurosport goes to commercials because EVERY break includes a spot for Nissan where they announce that they're "redefining innovation"

Niki Lauda's son is driving one of the AM Astons? How 'bout that.

Yep. A few years back Ayrton Senna's nephew and Alan Prost's son raced too. And I think in that same year Nigel Mansel had an LMP1 car he drove with his two sons. It only lasted like three laps though, he spun off and broke his leg. And I think two years ago The Stig was with Krohn racing.

Come on Porsche, Hulkenberg deserves to win this.

A 1-2 would be amazing for Porsche, couldn't imagine the saltiness of Ulrich

That would be one hell of slap in the face to Porsche, but Dr. Ulrich has always been respectful I don't think he'd get salty.

Eh, leaderboard isn't changing too much (famous last words). I'm going to take a cat nap.

That would be one hell of slap in the face to Porsche, but Dr. Ulrich has always been respectful I don't think he'd get salty.

He'll put on a pretty face and be respectful but he was beaten by the sister company, rivalry is HUGE between the two companies.

Almost 20 hours into the race and they're doing 3:20s. Nothing short of amazing engineering.

dalin80

Banned
Ughrhahgh... ugh. Have just spent the past hour watching the footage but I'm not sure I was actually awake. sigh.

458 off! Drink!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
He'll put on a pretty face and be respectful but he was beaten by the sister company, rivalry is HUGE between the two companies.

Almost 20 hours into the race and they're doing 3:20s. Nothing short of amazing engineering.

Well, if Porsche beats Audi, then Audi will do everything to beat them back next year :)

For the Nissan fan in all of us
/s
: dead last, the 2 remaining cars are in the last 3, 106 and 115 laps down.

Well, if Porsche beats Audi, then Audi will do everything to beat them back next year :)

Nah, they'll run afraid to F1.

/s. But the Porsche fanboy in me wants to believe that. :)

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
If Hulkenberg does win this; he'll be the first racing driver since Bertrand Gachot and Johnny Herbert (in the 1991 winning Mazda 787B) to win at Le Mans while competing concurrently in F1.

dalin80

Banned
Edmond Dantès;167740238 said:
If Hulkenberg does win this; he'll be the first racing driver since Bertrand Gachot and Johnny Herbert (in the 1991 winning Mazda 787B) to win at Le Mans while competing concurrently in F1.

And the only person who could tell us which of the two cars are fastest over a race stint...

Lift and coast nico! Lift and coast!

Dilly

Banned
And the only person who could tell us which of the two cars are fastest over a race stint...

Lift and coast nico! Lift and coast!

Except for the length, watching this race feels more like watching a sprint race than the GP of Canada this year.

dalin80

Banned
20 hours in and the toyota of ant just sets it's fastest lap of the race. This is clearly too easy for the engineering involved. time to bring back the 48 hour races.

TTG

Just turned it on(apparently I have fox sports). How extensive were Nissan's breakdowns? Also, it's kind of crazy that Force India would just allow Hulkenberg to race at Le Mans.

So there's a bit of a gap between the Porsches and Audis when taking pits into account? I can't interpret timing for shit.

Yes, Porsche right now are comfortable in the lead.

Teams triple or quadriple stint their tyres (13-14 laps each stint) and just pit for fuel then do a full service - change tyres and drivers.

dalin80

Banned
Just turned it on(apparently I have fox sports). How extensive were Nissan's breakdowns? Also, it's kind of crazy that Force India would just allow Hulkenberg to race at Le Mans.

One nissan failed due to an apparent suspension failure, apparently with such a high front weight loading they *hate* the bumps. One was given a slap by a suspected suicidal badger which left it in the pits for over an hour.

They have gone from being about 25/30s a lap slower to about 20s a lap slower over the course of the race but in turn brake changes seem to have gone from every 6/7 hours to about 5 hours as they are loaded up all sorts of wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom