• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas, South Carolina lawmakers support bills to stop paying those who support SSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kess

The same may well be true of the SC bill, but I haven't looked.

The SC bill has two co-sponsors, a certain Garry R. Smith and James Burns. Smith is the chairman of the Operations and Management Committee (which is described as overseeing "Personnel, Administration & Management of Facilities").

It's not that surprising there's fairly broad support against SSM in SC, the last poll conducted showed a large majority against it last year.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
The SC bill has two co-sponsors, a certain Garry R. Smith and James Burns. Smith is the chairman of the Operations and Management Committee (which is described as overseeing "Personnel, Administration & Management of Facilities").

It's not that surprising there's fairly broad support against SSM in SC, the last poll conducted showed a large majority against it last year.

No, but it is surprising (at least a little) that there are legislators who are fundamentally ignorant about the scope of their power.

Vanish

Perhaps he disagrees with the Democrats on more things that are more important to him.

Like what? im genuinely curious to know. what issues are so important that someone can overlook the shitty practices of modern republicans like shitting on minorities, anti-science and doing everything they can to help and support the rich at the cost of the poor/middle class.

LegoDad

Hey Texas - shale oil is further driving you into irrelevancy, go ahead and take that sovereignty to the next level. Boot scoot up to the table with them shitkickers and your biggest belt buckle and sign that paper to secede.

This is a pretty ignorant statement. Shale Oil has very little to do with the recent oil price drop, and oil/republican stuff is more of Oklahoma as Texas has many industries besides oil to rely on.

Also, this republican is voted in by a small minority of Texas. He represents Waller County and part of Montgomery County. Here is what Waller County is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waller_County,_Texas (As of the 2000 Census,[6] there were 32,663 people, 10,557 households, and 7,748 families residing in the county. ) and he is also a first-time Republican member of the House.

Wilsongt

As a South Carolinian, I say fuck this guy. The SC state government is a joke. Our SSN computer system was hacked, our roads are shit, our schools are some of the worst in the country... some of the rural ones don't even have clean water...

And what's worse is you have grandstanding idiots like this wasting our meager state tax dollars on federal lawsuits for bullshit partisanship, which is stupid, as without federal tax dollars SC would be practically third-world. Why don't we have a law that can get rid of his salary, huh?

I'd say more but thinking about local SC politics... it gives me a headache. You gaffers that live in the blue states... you don't even know. I went to Boston on vacation once; walked around the city all day. And when I got back to my hotel room, I cried. I knew SC was poor; I knew SC was backwards; I new SC was a joke. But I didn't know how bad it was, GAF. I just didn't know. But now I do. And when you see shit like this, just remember, it could be worse. You could live here, too. You could be driving home from college on potholed backroads that haven't been paved in years past decaying houses surrounded by garbage that don't seem fit for human habitation, past small towns slowly rotting away, past legions of abandoned buildings no one has the money to tear down...

You see, down in Columbia it's easy to say shit like this. This guy doesn't care about morals, or state's rights, or anything. All he cares about is politics. About keeping us detracted over pointless social issues that shouldn't even be an issue in 2015.

As a fellow SC Gaffer, all I can say is amen.

AlexMogil

This is a pretty ignorant statement. Shale Oil has very little to do with the recent oil price drop, and oil/republican stuff is more of Oklahoma as Texas has many industries besides oil to rely on.

Also, this republican is voted in by a small minority of Texas. He represents Waller County and part of Montgomery County. Here is what Waller County is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waller_County,_Texas (As of the 2000 Census,[6] there were 32,663 people, 10,557 households, and 7,748 families residing in the county. ) and he is also a first-time Republican member of the House.

I know, I was just getting in the spirit of saying ignorant stuff. For example, they also wear stupid fucking cowboy hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom