• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tempest Rising announced for 2023

.Pennywise

Banned
Except it's not C&C, it's called Tempest RIsing, a classic real-time strategy game set in a thrilling alternative history war scenario.

Welcome back Are you ready Commander?

standard-edition.png

No mention of being a C&C spiritual successor, but it's so blantantly obvious that you could see from the obvious "Box art" aking to the C&C style, up to the gameplay sneak from the trailer that the game has the same UI arrangement and even you could see silos and refinery buildings and power as a resourse that is 'heavily inspired' by it.

9pMUItF.png

THE GAME

A classic RTS

Classic RTS action meets modern production and performance in Tempest Rising. Inspired by RTS greats of the 90s and 2000s, Tempest Rising is a classic, base-building real time strategy game set in a modern day alternative history war scenario.

Three unique factions

Tempest Rising features 3 unique factions, each with its own approach to combat and economy and offering a variety of strategies for players of all stripes, maps with neutral structures to contest and neutral populations to contend with, deep and rewarding gameplay that keeps a focus on strategy while rewarding skill.

Two story campaigns

Take on the role of Commander in the highly mobile and advanced peacekeeping corps of the Global Defense Forces or the hard-hitting and desperate Tempest Dynasty in 2 15-mission campaigns that allow the player to customize their army for each mission.

The Tempest-mystery
Both factions seek to understand and control the mysterious but beneficial Tempest vines that grow unchecked across the war-torn planet Earth. Other dangers wait in the shadows, as the origin of the Tempest is revealed...

SCREENSHOTS

feature-showcase-1.png
feature-showcase-2.png

feature-showcase-3.png

screenshot-1.png

screenshot-3.png

screenshot-4.png

screenshot-5.png

screenshot-6.png

screenshot-7.png

screenshot-8.png

Esca

Still love me some rts. I wonder what kinda of scale they are aiming for with unit counts/ map sizes etc.

CuNi

I like the game but somehow don't dig the overly realistic Artstyle. But I will check it out for sure. Still waiting for a proper C&C sequel.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Honestly I was looking at it as a kind of "yeah I sort of see it" then they showed gameplay and BOOM it was C&C, and not shitty EA RA3 "we want to recreate a starcraft game" C&C, it looks good... like what iv wanted from EA for years now...

I mean I would love a Generals 2 or a remaster of RA2 and Triberian Sun, but il take this for sure as well.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Wow it looks pretty good and very authentic C&C.

But I gotta say, I think they would benefit a lot with a different name. I don't think this name does it much favors as a spiritual sequel to C&C.

Can I get the Starcraft version so I can divorce Blizzard?

hlm666

OP deserves ban for clickbait title.

This ain't buzzfeed, bruh.
I was thinking the same when I saw it wasn't cnc but then watched the trailer and kinda glad he did, might not have bothered otherwise and I ended up liking what I saw. Maybe having a like between conquer and game would have been the smoother way to go about it.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
That's too bad. My PC is a dog, an old one at that. LOL

Since both Xbox and PS support K&M, I wish the RTS devs weren't afraid to release them on there with a K&M requirement. Even if they went digital only.

Yeah I don't understand it, considering that the consoles these days are basically PCs.

I may keep my old core i7 920, if I put a decent GPU in it and a SSD it might be able to play this @1080p 60fps on medium.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable

Since both Xbox and PS support K&M, I wish the RTS devs weren't afraid to release them on there with a K&M requirement. Even if they went digital only
Instant buy from me if they put it in xbox (...Or mac 😢)

RyanEvans21

Since both Xbox and PS support K&M, I wish the RTS devs weren't afraid to release them on there with a K&M requirement. Even if they went digital only.

You can buy gaming laptop for under 1k. more powerful than both console. plus sony and microsoft games coming to PC.

Varteras

Gold Member
Lol so one faction is called Global Defense Force, or GDF, and has a blue coloration with a semi-futuristic look to their weapons. Not to be confused at all with the Global Defense Initiative, or GDI, from Command and Conquer or the Allies of Red Alert. Another faction is a very Eastern European-inspired red army that has an affinity for flame weapons and lasers and hands towering out of a barracks. Definitely not inspired from the Soviet Union of Red Alert or the Brotherhood of Nod from Command and Conquer. That strange, alien looking growth is also not at all inspired by Tiberium.

That aside, it actually looks pretty good. Very much the Command and Conquer game I've been waiting for, even if it's called something else. Seeing as how EA refuses to do anything with the IP that isn't a cheap mobile game. Continuing to corpse-fuck a franchise I loved.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

You can buy gaming laptop for under 1k. more powerful than both console. plus sony and microsoft games coming to PC.

I've got a relatively new Nuc that I use for day to day computing, it's just the old gaming PC that is getting a bit dusty. I switched back to console over the last generation.

Looks good, but there is something slightly off about it.
Is it the scale? The soldiers look a little too big? Compared to the cars, red barrels, trees...

Hari Seldon

Not a huge C&C fan, I'm 100% a CoH guy, but is there any word on the multiplayer? I'm looking for an RTS that can support 5v5.

Starhowl

Can’t wait to check this out.. Wish they’d have an official Twitter account for this game instead of just one forthe whole publisher so I could stay better informed.
panting i love my dog GIF by weinventyou

Top Bottom