• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teardown - Gameplay Trailer

acm2000

always loved the look of this so might have to give it a try since its cheap enough.

its not coming to game pass at launch but probably next year at some point i would guess

Puscifer

Seriously guys, PLAY THIS! Every level is sandbox and some of them will drive you nuts in a good way wanting to perfect your thievery, destruction and escape.

One of my favorite levels I completed by running a truck into the side of a building, tearing a floor apart and dropping a safe into the bed and leaving after setting a boat house on fire.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's the best indie game in last few years. how the hell are they going to make it run on consoles.
Sabre (porting studio )doesn't have the best track record. They've always been a bit shit

Last edited:

chixdiggit

Finally getting a console release? Wonder what took so long? Game is a lot of fun and a hit on PC.
It also now has a creative mode added for those who have not played in a while.

Dr.Morris79

If you ever want to simulate an Elons 'Starship' launch', then stick this game on a Steam Deck and bump up the settings a bit..

CamHostage

Wow, an informative trailer with an easy to understand voice over.

Yeah, Teardown has had an issue all along in selling what "the game" is, despite all the cool tech and fun mess-around mechanics. So it's smart that they did a trailer focused on the missions and structured gameplay to get into alongside the sandbox. And they didn't oversell it by making it seem too cool or cutting it as like a thriller game or a cinematic experience. It's Teardown, there's cool stuff to blow up, and there's missions which will challenge your blow-shit-up skills. Enjoy it!

It's still a tough sell as a general consumer game, though. I don't think this trailer really evoked the challenge or danger of how missions might work out, and aside from the occasional cops the trailer makes the world feel lonely and barren when it's not being blown up. Also, you've got to buy it to mess around in it, whereas some other sandbox construction/deconstruction games have free-to-play selling systems (for better or for worse) to let players get into it and see that it's for them. As a sandbox, it's a no-brainer to try and to do cool shit with if that's your addiction. Otherwise, I don't think they opened a wide enough entrance door to get players into Teardown. However, people do like fucking around with creations and explosions, so hopefully that's enough to hook players in.

(No console price yet. PC price is $29.99 USD; console price is also $29.99 according to Xbox.com pre-order page, plus Deluxe and Ultimate edition packages.)

Last edited:
Just saw that you can pick Teardown physically as well on both XSX and PS5.

81M-EMGDRVL._SL1500_.jpg
81rh5OEomKL._SL1500_.jpg

Top Bottom