• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift: Shake It Off (Album: 1989, Releasing 28th October)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oozer3993

Listening to it on Grooveshark right now.

Might get a retail copy. Where's the best place to buy it? I think Target has a bonus track.

If you're in the US, Target is the best place. They have the exclusive on the Deluxe Edition which includes 3 bonus tracks, 3 songwriting memos and a pack of 13 "Polaroids" of Taylor.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Damn, only a handful of songs? And no Clean. Would of made it so right.
That atmosphere wouldn't have done Clean any justice. I can't wait to see a live performance of it, but I don't think that would have been the appropriate spot to debut it.

Ok so I got my copy of the DLX and the first song I played was blank space, and I have got to say my worries have been put to rest. I am really liking this album, sounds sick in my car.

Karsha

Listened to the album the whole day, not feeling it , I think its her weakest . So far the favorites are Clean,Style, Blank space and Into the woods. I wanted to like Bad Blood since i like the more aggressive Taylor ("Better than revenge" was cool) but nope, cant feel it

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
"We can now comfortably project 1989 will pass the million mark in its first week of release."

The first album of 2014 to be certified platinum and she is doing it in one week :bow

freshair

So I started dating this new girl and one of her irrational gripes with me is that I genuinely like taylor swift and apparently too excited about this album and it's "weird" for her.

gurl, bye.

So yeah I'm liking this so far. I can really hear the influences of her fascination with Tegan and Sara's last album. This is a good thing.

rtcn63

I like the album, though more than some of the tracks do too much a service of reminding me of better, similar sounding songs from histories past. I can see myself looping it while coked up on red bull during a winter study section.

So I started dating this new girl and one of her irrational gripes with me is that I genuinely like taylor swift and apparently too excited about this album and it's "weird" for her.

gurl, bye.

My SO was the same she was suspicious to why I liked Taylor's music saying that even she as a girl doesn't like it as much as I do. I told her I just really like her songs and although as a guy I may not be able to relate to some I can certainly appreciate good music.

Gave the itunes preview a listen once through yesterday whilst at work. Nope, did not like it at all, I was a huge fan of Red and this was such a change of pace. However, later that evening I listened to it some more and eventually ended up just buying it. It is really, really growing on me in a way that Red did, I have a feeling this will be an album that keeps on giving.

rtcn63

Two of my 20-something former co-workers are hardcore Swift fans. I haven't seen them in two years, only encountering their posts on social networking, and I'm pretty sure one of them is madly in love with me... she also happens to have contributed to me resigning from that particular workplace.

Evil can adore angels.

Im loving it...

sVXtGWw.jpg

'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off

ngower

This is a really really good (mainstream) pop album. Some garbage for sure, but a handful of really well-produced tracks. Welcome to New York and How You Get The Girl are probably my favorites so far.

theorythree3

Neo Member
I wasn't feeling it too much at first but I gave it another listen through and I started liking most of the songs. It's definitely different for her but it's solid.

The only song I really don't like is Bad Blood. It's just awful.

BTM

Have never been a Swift fan at all but decided to give the album a listened. All I can say is that I can't stop listening to it for some reason.

Mau ®

What's your 1989 trinity?

Mine is Blank Space, Style & Clean. They're perfect pop songs

Shout out to "I Wish You Would". That one is also fantastic.

ngower

Mau ®;136475635 said:

Style, Wildest Dreams and Welcome to New York. The backing tracks are all ridiculous.

Oozer3993

Mau ®;136475635 said:

Style, Style, Style

But seriously: Style, Shake It Off, Blank Space

The beat for Style is patently ridiculous. It's a slinky 70s disco/funk homage for the verses then shifts into a pulsating drive for the chorus. Just amazing.

Mau ®

They keep upping the sales projections for this album.

It's now slated to OUTSELL RED. And it could break Britney's record.

Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom