• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift: Shake It Off (Album: 1989, Releasing 28th October)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Oh god oh god I can't handle this I CANT HANDLE THIS

EDIT: The audience are all plants, aren't they? The dancing hints at it.

rtcn63

It's gotten a bit awkward, and that first track was pretty terrible. Maybe she'll announce Half Life 3? I would accept that.

EDIT: 1986 here. Freshman pandering.

jediyoshi

9CRuHg4.png

Oct 27

rtcn63

I had to stop watching. I don't want to destroy the semi-fictional, idealized perception of her I've developed after all these years. I won't let the real her take that away from me.

Satch

Banned
horrendous song
the video was a This Is How We Do reduction without the budget and charm. is she even trying anymore?

taylor swift just needs to pack it up

Sounds more pop than ever, but I'll learn to love it.

Is it me or does this video give you a "Happy," "Call Me Maybe" sort of vibe in the sense that it was designed to be senselessly catchy?

DrStiles

Not her best song, but it is really catchy. Like it was pretty much stuck in my head instantly. Can't wait for Oct 27th!

Ashhong

Just seems exactly like what her first singles have always been, poppy, fun, catchy songs. Pretty sure most people here hated "We Are Never.." the first time they heard it, and look at how that album turned out.

The song is a bop, I like it. It's cute, haven't listened to it much yet. Assuming it'll be up on UK iTunes forthwith.

Will edit the OP at some point tomorrow, I think.

xKU1PSw.jpg

Only one self-penned song, mess.

But, IMOGEN HEAP. OMG OMG OMG

Meier

Obviously pop and country aren't really my things in general, but I'm surprised at how few genuine hits she has from the list in the OP. I genuinely only recognize a couple of the songs by name. Speak Now in particular is a wasteland -- I think Mean is the only one I can place and just that "Why you gotta be so mean" line.

Edit: Just looked at the year end charts from 2010 on.. I Knew You Were Trouble is the only one to even make the top 20 and it was #16 in 2013. Obviously she sells a lot of records and has a lot of people go to her shows, but as far as singles are concerned, she really has a long way to go.

AEFantasy485

Neo Member
Personally I think it was amazing. She touched on all of the bad publicity and pretty much said she doesn't care. Haters are going to hate and it seems like that's all the people want to do. Go get it T. Swizzle because I'm loving it <3

Dinosur

Didn't like this song at all which is just deja vu from the WANEGBT release. I wouldn't even want another Red-style album and I'm assuming with how much Martin is all over this one, the magic is over.

Of course none of that matters because I'll still buy the record and yet again be in the pit or front row for the upcoming concert since I'm a sucker.

Karsha

Didn't like the new song that much but We are never ever going back together was bad too and Red turned out to be good(I'd put it over speak now). Still I don't see her making another album as good as Fearless ....

whatever you guys are haters that was alright

also who is this max martin guy and why does she need him on every song now

edit jesus christ this guy has written fucking everything how rich is he

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom