• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia Remastered Announced - PS|Xbox|Switch - Early 2023 - Pre Order Links Live ($39.99)

Madjaba

Won't touch it with a stick after buying the game on Gamecube, then the Symphonia Chronicles and the Steam version...

In what way is this a "Remastered edition" ?

The only "remaster" is that they are remastering their confidence to serve shit / average port to one of their most loyal fanbase...

Great job Bamco :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Paltheos

I mentioned this elsewhere on the internet, but it's a little crazy that the Gamecube original for this title in many's eyes is still the definitive version of the game because it's the only one that allows 60fps without tomfoolery.

Frame rate makes a big difference in these games. I remember uncapping Zestiria and having my eyes nearly pop out of my head at how buttery smooth characters' moves in battles looked when they weren't chained to 30fps.

Shifty1897

How quickly do you think modders will have a 60 fps fix ready on the PC version? My guess is probably a week max.

Big oof, Bamco.

Last edited:

graywolf323

Well, in a disappointing fucking turn of events, looks like this is just 1080p/30 on all platforms and doesn't even get any PS5|Series enhancements.

YgJEoPr.png

Via the official JP website:

wtf Namco, there’s no reason this can’t be 60 fps on those systems hardware (I mean does the Switch even really need to drop down to 720p for a PS3 game in handheld?) or at least on Xbox Series & PS5

Last edited:

Teslerum

How quickly do you think modders will have a 60 fps fix ready on the PC version? My guess is probably a week max.

Big oof, Bamco.
Don't get your hopes up. Modders haven't managed to do so with the original Steam version.

And this one seems to be mostly the same. Including the issues.
Not even talking about 30fps here, but things like the missing cell-shaded look from the gamecube that still hasn't been restored.

Last edited:

LordCBH

That's sucks, As mentioned earlier it would of been better if we got Graces F or a Xillia packs instead. Well at least they run good on emulation.

God I want Xillia so bad. I love thst fucking game and I want it to stop being trapped on the PS3.

Teslerum

The sheer fucking incompetence of the development team of this remaster. Jesus Christ.

It's literary the PS3 version. *Development team* is probably already stretching it.

God I want Xillia so bad. I love thst fucking game and I want it to stop being trapped on the PS3.
Personally Xillia was the absolute low point of the series. Copy-Pasted everything (Contributing to the worst dungeons with the least personality the series had), bad story, unlikeable charachters, bad skits, bad combat system and overall gameplay systems (Especially coming off Graces).

Don't get the love, but that's my opinion of course. I'm a fan of plenty of controversial jrpg's so its not like I'm gonna judge (too hard :messenger_tears_of_joy:).

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Wait... Didn't know original GC version was 60 fps... I'm currently playing it on PC at 30 fps doesn't bother me because the game is VERY low paced, damn, now I feel scammed :messenger_tears_of_joy: Won't stop playing, btw, I'm 30 hours in (playing it slowly though)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I could just emulate the Gamecube-Version on my Series X and this would be far superior @ 4k/60.

You can, it's very realistically possible lol.

But you'll miss out on the content post gamecube version, I suppose.

theclaw135

Banned
The sheer fucking incompetence of the development team of this remaster. Jesus Christ.

Only because the source material is broken.
Several JRPGs from the era simply will not work at 60 fps. Like Final Fantasy X, Gurumin, or Zwei 2.

Last edited:

Thief1987

And it's 40$ lol. Like ok i understand that 30fps is hardcoded and need some effort to upgrade the game for higher framerates, but ffs why they can't at least up the resolution for current gen platforms.
These Bandai's "remasters" are embarassingly cheap and lazy, and not only for this game but in general.

Last edited:

YeulEmeralda

Linux User
I mentioned this elsewhere on the internet, but it's a little crazy that the Gamecube original for this title in many's eyes is still the definitive version of the game because it's the only one that allows 60fps without tomfoolery.

Frame rate makes a big difference in these games. I remember uncapping Zestiria and having my eyes nearly pop out of my head at how buttery smooth characters' moves in battles looked when they weren't chained to 30fps.
Not for me can't stand 2000 era English dubs.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The modders. If pasting Gamecube code into the PC version was sensible, it'd have been done within hours.

Yeah, but people saying this game couldn't run at 60fps, period, are wrong. Because it once did. But then I guess Namco completely botched it when they ported it to PS2 (and all subsequent versions).

Top Bottom