• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch eShop Deals Thread

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I searched but didn't see that GAF had a dedicated thread for eShop deals, so here we are. I'll try and keep the OP updated with the most notable of deals, but be sure to check the replies here for the latest goodies.

Also, there are literally hundreds of games on sale on the Switch eShop at any given point in time - feel free to post deals you feel are noteworthy even if I've skipped them. Bonus points if you convince us why we should play the games you're bringing to our attention.

All US Deals:

All EU Deals:

Last edited:

Andyliini

I have been waiting for a physical versionsa of Steamworld games on Switch, nyt maybe I should finally bite. At least on SteamWorld Quest, as I have not played that before.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Warlock’s Tower is a nice little Gameboy-style puzzler that’s very cheap right now.

If you want a simple, pick up and play puzzle game to chip away at in between bigger games (like what I use Picross titles for), this one’s not bad.

dungeon.gif

storage.gif

library.gif

Last edited:

Animagic

Banned
Warlock’s Tower is a nice little Gameboy-style puzzler that’s very cheap right now.

If you want a simple, pick up and play puzzle game to chip away at in between bigger games (like what I use Picross titles for), this one’s not bad.

dungeon.gif

storage.gif

library.gif
Wow this looks charming!

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Wow this looks charming!
Yeah, it is. I’ve only played it for maybe 1.5-2 hours so far. It starts off very, very easy to teach you the ropes and then starts getting more challenging.

I haven’t encountered any puzzle that’s truly taxing yet, but I’m hoping/assuming that will come.

I thought it’d be really short, but according to howlongtobeat.com, it’s between 6-10 hours. Not bad for it’s $2-3 sale price.

fatty

Steamworld Dig 2 was amazing.

If you even kinda like Metroidvanias, you need this game. It's a top notch experience, better than the first game (which was already great) in every conceivable way

Yeah, I enjoyed it quite a bit. The upgrades come pretty quick so things are always staying interesting.

Thanks jshackles jshackles for doing this thread!

Slain: back from Hell is currently on sale from $19.99 to $5.99

Beautiful looking side scrolling action platformer. there's also a thread on here where the devs are active, and have a new game coming out soon:

Shaqazooloo

I might get Final Fantasy VII since it's on sale but I probably won't play it right away. I still have IX and X/X2 that I haven't finished...

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Even though I never finished it, golf story is fantastic. I encourage anyone who hasn’t played it to give it a shot. You won’t be disappointed.
mario golf on the GBC is so much better.
also the font is fugly.
ruined the game for me.

damn shame too

wargroove is the same. it tries to be that cool game but it fails

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

jshackles

WoFF is a good deal if you liked FF9.
It's just a great return to form for Final Fantasy. Turn based battles using a unique tactic system (stacks) and a fun world to explore. The monster catching aspect was alright although slightly undercooked. The Switch version "Maxima" had a great many QoL improvements over the original game, such as the ability to carry more monsters at once. Definitely worth $20 if you're a JRPG fan, although the one downside is that the game can get pretty silly at times - like it's made for kids but actually isn't.

Gonna have to skip this one, Amazon sent me a fake or busted SD card, It's having issues with anything more than 50GB on it when it's meant to be 400GB LOL

jshackles

If you went with an off-brand cheap card, there's a real chance you could have been lied to.

It was SanDisk, I found out that I managed to purchase it from the market somehow without realising I was, I ended up buying one off amazon directly from SanDisk this time and set up a return / refund on the fake.

It wasn't till I tried to download all the game and they all broke after about 20GB in :p

Downwell $1.49

Guacamelee! 2 $9.99

Downwell is really good! Well worth picking up :D

Last edited:

jshackles

ExpandKong

Banned
Resident Evil 5 and 6 are up for preorder now, and if you own RE4, REmake or RE0 digitally you get 33% off. Brings them down to $20 a pop which is what they should’ve been to begin with but hey.

Reactions: Fbh

jshackles

I'd like to showcase two of the games in the Bandai Namco sale, because I've played them and enjoyed them.

Katamari Damacy Reroll

Who doesn't love Katamari Damacy? If you just raised your hand, kindly use your other hand to slap yourself across the face. If you don't know, this is a kind of physics puzzle game, where you roll around a ball to collect items and as the ball gets bigger, you're able to collect items of larger and larger size. Pair this with a zany (and extremely catchy) soundtrack, and you've got a fantastic video game. There is a huge variety of things that can be picked up, and some levels let you roll long enough that you're picking up continents and shit. The game is ultra-Japanese.

Switch_KatamariDamancyREROLL_01.jpg

By the way, this is a modern remake of the original Katamari Damacy for the PlayStation 2 PlayStation 2 .

ps2_katamari_damacy-110214.jpg

My only complaint is that the controls are somewhat frustrating though I've come to understand that is part of this game's charm. While it work pretty decently with a controller and a screen, I found the exercise a bit frustrating in handheld mode because my natural inclination was to jostle the controller around a bunch. Pro controller / docked mode is highly recommended here.

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

Yes, it's another remake I'm highlighting. Sue me. This game is an absolute blast and shines spectacularly on the Switch with it's 60fps gameplay during battles and 50-ish fps gameplay otherwise (depending on locale). In addition to being a technical marvel, it's a surprisingly great JRPG game, complete with anime character cookie cutter tropes. But don't let that dissuade you, this game oozes charm and handles like a dream. Battles are fast-paced and action packed, character progression is similar to Final Fantasy 9 (characters level up with EXP and earn abilities based on their equipment) with a surprisingly deep system of magic. The definitive edition includes two new playable characters along with both Japanese and English audio (I prefer the English personally, I know I'm weird).

Switch_TalesOfVesperia_03.jpg

One of my few small nitpicks is that the variety of armor / shields / gloves was really poor and made the equipment system (outside of weapons and sub-weapons) feel like a bit of an afterthought. The vast majority of armor in the game doesn't let you learn abilities and thus it becomes a pure-stats system. Which is fine, but it definitely felt like they could have done better, especially considering how amazing the weapon variety is. Also in the "cons" side is that by the end of this game, I wanted to keep on playing - the story felt like it was over too soon (at nearly 40 hours) and I wished there was more to discover (although this version has a bit more story content than the original on account of the extra playable characters).

Overall, this game is amazing though and easily my favorite entry in the Tales series so far.

jshackles

jshackles

Shaqazooloo

Some of these sales are ridiculous. I just bought 3 games for less than $0.45 cdn, at %90 off they might as well be giving these away, i don't know how they do it.

jshackles

Some of these sales are ridiculous. I just bought 3 games for less than $0.45 cdn, at %90 off they might as well be giving these away, i don't know how they do it.
It's a sales tactic designed to get eyeballs on developer's games. It's really just a byproduct of the eShop being difficult to navigate. Here is some more info:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
It's a sales tactic designed to get eyeballs on developer's games. It's really just a byproduct of the eShop being difficult to navigate. Here is some more info:

Yeah. One of the best examples is a game called The Way Remastered. It regularly goes on sale for less than $1 and as a result, it goes right to the top of the monthly download chart. The objective is to get people to notice it on that chart after the sale and think “Oh, that’s quite popular, it must be good”.

jshackles

A bunch of new Black Friday deals just went live:

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night $27.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons $10.49
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker $27.99
Cat Quest $4.54
CELESTE $9.99
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled $25.99
Cuphead $14.99
DARK SOULS: REMASTERED $23.99
Darkwood $10.49
Dead Cells $17.49
Diablo III: Eternal Collection $39.99
Disgaea 4 Complete+ $39.99
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition $39.99
DOOM $29.99
DRAGON BALL FighterZ $14.99
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen $19.99
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends Definitive Edition $27.99
Fire Emblem Warriors $41.99
Gorogoa $7.49
GRANDIA HD Collection $27.99
hKatamari Damacy REROLL $17.99
Hob: The Definitive Edition $13.99
Hotline Miami Collection $12.49
Jotun: Valhalla Edition $4.94
Killer Queen Black $11.99
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 $49.99
Mario Tennis Aces $41.99
Mark of the Ninja: Remastered $9.99
Mega Man® 11 $14.99
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate $24.99
Mortal Kombat 11 $29.99
NBA 2K20 $29.99
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe $41.99
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch $34.99
OKAMI HD $14.99
OlliOlli: Switch Stance $5.99
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition $13.99
Overland $19.99
Puyo Puyo Championn $3.99
RAD $13.99
Resident Evil 4 $19.99
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero $9.99
Slay the Spire $19.99
Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! $9.99
SNK HEROINES Tag Team Frenzy $29.99
Sonic Mania $9.99
STAR WARS™: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast™ $7.99
Super Mario Party $41.99
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD $29.99
Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido $24.99
Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! $19.99
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition $24.99
Terraria $20.99
The Alliance Alive HD Remastered $39.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® $29.99
The Jackbox Party Pack 6 $22.49
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild $41.99
Torchlight II $13.99
TowerFall $9.99
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes $14.99
Unravel Two $4.99
Wargroove $13.99
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus $29.99
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 $41.99

There are more games on sale, about 800 in total.

ShinNL

That list has a bunch of games that I've been tracking to buy when on sale like Ori, Dead Cells and Divinity 2. I really hope EU gets these too, but I'm not so sure because there's already a big list running until Dec 1st. Awwww. (And don't really want to make yet another account to manage another wallet, already have an EU and JP one)

Thurible

A bunch of new Black Friday deals just went live:

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night $27.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons $10.49
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker $27.99
Cat Quest $4.54
CELESTE $9.99
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled $25.99
Cuphead $14.99
DARK SOULS: REMASTERED $23.99
Darkwood $10.49
Dead Cells $17.49
Diablo III: Eternal Collection $39.99
Disgaea 4 Complete+ $39.99
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition $39.99
DOOM $29.99
DRAGON BALL FighterZ $14.99
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen $19.99
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends Definitive Edition $27.99
Fire Emblem Warriors $41.99
Gorogoa $7.49
GRANDIA HD Collection $27.99
hKatamari Damacy REROLL $17.99
Hob: The Definitive Edition $13.99
Hotline Miami Collection $12.49
Jotun: Valhalla Edition $4.94
Killer Queen Black $11.99
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 $49.99
Mario Tennis Aces $41.99
Mark of the Ninja: Remastered $9.99
Mega Man® 11 $14.99
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate $24.99
Mortal Kombat 11 $29.99
NBA 2K20 $29.99
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe $41.99
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch $34.99
OKAMI HD $14.99
OlliOlli: Switch Stance $5.99
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition $13.99
Overland $19.99
Puyo Puyo Championn $3.99
RAD $13.99
Resident Evil 4 $19.99
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero $9.99
Slay the Spire $19.99
Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! $9.99
SNK HEROINES Tag Team Frenzy $29.99
Sonic Mania $9.99
STAR WARS™: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast™ $7.99
Super Mario Party $41.99
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD $29.99
Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido $24.99
Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! $19.99
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition $24.99
Terraria $20.99
The Alliance Alive HD Remastered $39.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® $29.99
The Jackbox Party Pack 6 $22.49
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild $41.99
Torchlight II $13.99
TowerFall $9.99
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes $14.99
Unravel Two $4.99
Wargroove $13.99
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus $29.99
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 $41.99

There are more games on sale, about 800 in total.
Goodness! I'm not even sure where to start! Is katamari and xenoblade 2 fun? (I have played and beaten x on my wii u and I thought it was enjoyable, though the story felt very weird to me with all the strange twists)

jshackles

Goodness! I'm not even sure where to start! Is katamari and xenoblade 2 fun? (I have played and beaten x on my wii u and I thought it was enjoyable, though the story felt very weird to me with all the strange twists)
Personally, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is my favorite Switch game hands down. I'm a lifelong gamer, and it's in my top 5 games of all time - although I'll admit that all of those spots are occupied by RPGs. The game has a great story, great characters, and excellent mechanics. The voice acting gets some guff here sometimes, but I liked it too. The world is massive and there's no shortage of things you can do, even after you finish the game. I had something like 200 hours in my save, and another 40 hours for my save in the Torna DLC. An absolute masterpiece that hardly ever gets discounted either digitally or physically.

Katamari Damacy Reroll is an almost 1:1 remake of the PS2 original which was the first game in the series. That means it's a good starting point. If you haven't played any games in the series, it's definitely an experience. It's a puzzle game where you roll your ball (the titular Katamari) over objects of increasing size until your ball is large enough to roll over even bigger objects. Each level will have goals like "make a katamari that's 7m in diameter" or "roll up a dozen cats". It's goofy and quirky but absolutely charming and the music is the best part of the experience.

I might have to type up a few more recommendations! There are a ton of great games on sale right now.

Smasher89

Anyone have recomendations of hidden gems in the eu sale, got like 10-15 euros worth in gold points that expires the 30th (tetris 99 prize)

Pantz

For my new/first Switch (Lite), I picked up:

$41.99 - The Legend of Zelda™: Breath of the Wild
$41.99 - New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe
$27.99 - Captain Toad™: Treasure Tracker
$24.99 - Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate™
$23.99 - Gear.Club Unlimited 2
$19.99 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Gold Edition
$19.99 - The Lost Child
w/$9.40 in gold points savings.

Looking to build my Switch library with any games not on PC or Xbox.

Top Bottom