• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swen Vincke (Larian Studios CEO) just posted what he wanted to say at the Game Awards this year

Draugoth

Gold Member

Winning Game of the year is a great honor and I want to first thank everyone that voted for us and I want to congratulate all the other nominees. This has been an incredibly competitive year and you each would have deserved to win this award.
I want to thank @geoffkeighley and the people that organized the #gameawards for creating an award show so big that it gets mainstream attention. While 30 secs is a bit short , there’s nothing like the game awards and it’s an incredible achievement.
I wore armor at the #gameawards because BG3 is a game that couldn’t exist without its our player community and I wanted to pay tribute to how important they’ve been for the development. You rock community BG3 Making a game like this only works if you have an incredible passionate and talented team and in that regard I am incredibly lucky with the @larianstudios – they are some of the finest and they did a truly amazing job
Over 2000 people are listed in the credits and since I can’t call out everyone, I want to focus on a group of people that don’t always get the credit they deserve
Team QA, team localisation, team customer support, team operations, team publishing, team play testers, and every other developer at Larian, BG3 wouldn’t exist without you and you all deserve to be very proud of this.
I want to dedicate this award to the friends and family members we lost during development including Jim, our lead cinematic animator who passed away last month and personally to my father who passed away the week before we launched our early access campaign
You don’t get to make something like BG3 if you don’t have the support from the people around you. Personally, I really want to thank 5 special people, a crazy dog and a one-eyed cat for sticking with me.
Big shout out also to our localization partners and @PitStopTweets who had to use every corner of their building to record and performance capture what was an insane number of lines
To our actors – you did great. I hope our paths will cross again in the future and your agents will remain their usual reasonable selves :)
I also want to thank @Wizards_DnD and specifically the DnD team for giving us carte blanche. I’m really sorry to hear so many of you were let go. It’s a sad thing to realize that of the people who were in the original meeting room, there’s almost nobody left. I hope you all end up well
There are many more partners I want to thank. We asked much of you all, but you delivered and without your efforts, BG3 would not be what it is
I want to end with a story of a conversation I had a long time ago with a publisher. He told me, luckily for them, games are driven by idealism. He meant it in an exploitative way but he was right
Games are a unique art form, as important as books, music or movies. Many developers, myself included, make games because they love seeing others engage with their creations in a way only games can offer
They don’t care that much about the money made beyond it being the fuel they need to create new and better games. It’s worth reminding everyone that fuel is but a means, not a goal. Whereto and how we journey are what matter and what we remember

Kurotri

Judging by the European sales figures, he's not alone.
3a7.jpg

Dynasty8

Dude is a legend. That was a good read.

On a similar note... I swear the whole Kojima part was so unnecessarily long. The whole thing took 9 minutes and a lot of it consisted of Kojima and Peele just talking/praising each other. That could have easily been cut in half and that would have given EACH award winner double the time to speak.

I hope Geoff improves on this. Less Gonzo Muppet time, less Anthony Mackey nonsense and please for the love of God...less Kojima time.

WitchHunter

Banned
I would also like to thank the team that made the pathfinding, the not finished act2/3 and the worst unfinished city ever devised, that is Baldur's Gate in BG3, oh and the perfect waiting mechanics between moves, that took at least 80 hours from my playtime. Now time to swim through the Lac de la Plate Taille in that armor.

Dude is a legend. That was a good read.

On a similar note... I swear the whole Kojima part was so unnecessarily long. The whole thing took 9 minutes and a lot of it consisted of Kojima and Peele just talking/praising each other. That could have easily been cut in half and that would have given EACH award winner double the time to speak.

I hope Geoff improves on this. Less Gonzo Muppet time, less Anthony Mackey nonsense and please for the love of God...less Kojima time.
It's a Kojima show, isn't it?

Fbh

Halfway through Geoff would have been like

pushed-chrissy-teigen.gif

"Shut the fuck up..... ok so next up Lizo is here to talk about something for 5 minutes!!!"

Last edited:

Gaelyon

Gold Member
I'm (not) sorry but people who are bored by a 2 minutes speech from a passionate and talented man about one of the best game this year, are dead to me.

Top Bottom