• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sum 41 to split after final album and world tour

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
FvoS2WxWIA4ZZn4

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I...this hasn't happened already? Is this like my ex just blocking me on everything and never speaking to me again? Like, we didn't TECHNICALLY break up, but

Dark Star

I got to see them at house of blues Houston august 2022 with simple plan. They had such a powerful energy and you can tell they really love their fans. Their guitarist absolutely RIPS!

AJUMP23

I didn’t know they existed as a band still.

Did anyone ever figure out what they added to get to Sun 41.

Aesius

I guess Deryck Whibley made a nice recovery from this point in his life in 2013:

476665_1.jpg

He was only 32-33 here. I was pretty sure we were going to be reading his obituary in the near future.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Honestly didn't even know they were still a thing. I do have their old albums on regular rotation on my playlist. Great musicians back in the day, no clue on their newer stuff.

Macattk15

I mean the 90s / Early 2000s were a long time ago. Honestly had no idea they were still around ... listened to some of their new stuff on youtube ... wasn't great.

LordOfChaos

I don't know the stats to back it up, but it seemed like they were struggling for attention for a while. I have a lot of nostalgia for their glory days but there weren't too many songs on the last few albums that caught me that way.

At least Brown Sound rejoined for the end, seemed insane to leave a highly successful band back in the day.

My instinct seems to check out with the last three albums not getting the certifications of when they were massive in the early 2000s

Last edited:

Catphish

I haven't heard their entire discography, but I picked up Chuck on a whim about 20 years ago, and that was a great fucking album.

We're All to Blame is a straight banger, and The Bitter End is more Metallica than anything Metallica has done in 35 years.

I might take my kid to see this show.

Zuo

Don't care about them on a personal basis, but their music is and always will be pure 2000s soul and comforting memories of a better time

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Hey everyone, we're gonna release one last album and go on one last tour, remember to buy up everything because this is the last one.

Either they're under a contract to put out certain number of albums, or they just want to grab some cash and call it quits.

Top Bottom