• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam Cards For Zesty (Click Spoiler for Image)
ToZ_Preorder_STEAM-cards_Mockup_PEGI-1024x577.jpg

Looks like Bamco gets what Steam people want

Waifu (and husbando) Cards

Lain

MGSV: Konami Offline Tax for players who opt out of FOBs

Did we already talk about this fuckery?

I mean...online and offline resources? Konami, please.

Because I saw there was an update in the first post of the thread:
UPDATE: As others have suggested, I tried actually rejecting the ToS as soon as the game boots, and this way, the game won't deduce/transfer anything. I guess I allowed the login out of habit from the time I could acquire login bonuses, before the the game tried to force FOB on me. Thank you guys. In conclusion, the moment the game contacts the server, resources are "distributed" regardless of whether you have actually built an FOB or not. This still is scummy on Konami's part, but there is one way out.

After all that controversy about MGSV's second chapter having players repeat harder versions of previous missions, I actually thought they were mandatory, but seems to me that they're all optional. Don't really see anything wrong with that. Though it's apparent that since they seem to be the bulk of available missions for me at this point, chapter 2 will be much shorter. Even so, can't really complain about the game's lenght.
The theme of having to go into a base/camp to extract someone/something is seriously over-used though.
Also starting to see a lot of repetition in the places I need to sneak into.

After all that controversy about MGSV's second chapter having players repeat harder versions of previous missions, I actually thought they were mandatory, but seems to me that they're optional. Don't really see anything wrong with that. Though it's apparent that since they seem to be the bulk of available missions for me at this point, chapter 2 will be much shorter. Even so, can't really complain about the game's lenght.
The theme of having to go into a base/camp to extract someone/something is seriously over-used though.
Also starting to see a lot of repetition in the places I need to sneak into.

Yep, that comes with the open world design I guess. I would have loved some in-door infiltrations or stuff similar to OKB Zero, which was just amazing imo.

Tizoc

Bamco pls.
I would commit filthy acts at reasonable prices to have JoJo on Steam
Right to left of course said:

Not like anyone's figured out how to mod the Naruto games by now anyways. Don't care if it's 30 FPS, it's 30 FPS JoJo posing goodness.

BTW wasn't there a Naruto game releasing by the end of year?

off to a great start

...maybe I'll wait until they come out with the second edition and stick to my X1 controller.

he followed up

It still works and will eject the battery but there's a nice rattle now, I'll probably just put some tape or blue tack on it to hold it in place, video here

other impressions:
The dongle stand is pretty weighty so you probably won't have to it stick down
ABXY buttons feel kinda small
Throw on the bumpers is about the same as the one on a 360 controller, they work when press anywhere unlike the xbone controller
The click at the end of the trigger pull feels great

Maybe put a warning to go easy with the battery installation in the OT lol.

It works fine, if you look at the video I posted the buttons for the grips are actually right under were the eject symbols are.

other

I've had no time to play anything with it, just messed around in BPM with it.

But so far it feels well made, once the batteries are in it has a nice weight and balance to it. It's quick and responsive and the keyboard in BPM works really well, quickest onscreen typing i've ever done!

Setting up configs in my library is very easy too, not many custom configs available yet but I'd bet by the end of the weekend that will have changed.

Can't play anything until this evening but so far I'm very encouraged. :)

Lain

Since this is the PC PORT-BEGGING THREAD:
Bamco, scrap ideas about more Tales of or JoJo games on PC. Port God Eater and SAO instead.

Your truly.

Arthea

Bamco, scrap ideas about more Tales of or JoJo games on PC. Port God Eater and SAO instead.

Your truly.

you all are wrong, we should talk Falcom into opening one western studio, hiring Durante and putting him in charge and then porting or localizing away everything. Of money made this studio should buy Gust from the hands of Kecmo and then port and localize every Atelier games.
That is a sound business plan btw and totally doable.

Arthea

really? of all the ATLUS games?

Odin Sphere isnt even very good

It's not bad actually, also it's Vanillaware not Atlus, or I thought so

but Persona or even SMT would sell much better on steam, being more popular and all

their dancing and fighting games can stay on consoles, I hope we agree on this

but Persona or even SMT would sell much better on steam, being more popular and all

I don't agree to this at all. I love P4Arena and can't wait for Dancing All Night. Would love to see those on Steam.

fertygo

PCSX2 has you covered there really.

Though like Yian says, it's not that great.

Meh, its old news after new HD version incoming.

btw you can think the game is bad, but maybe people want it because you know its probably have argument for most beautiful 2D game around.

Nah.. its not like PC Gamer have a thing for eyecandy right.
I've seen videos of the gameplay, and it wasn't fast or interesting. Kinda run of the mill and dull. Frankly, there are much better games one could wish for.

yeap

Corpekata

Banned
Meh, its old news after new HD version incoming.

btw you can think the game is bad, but maybe people want it because you know its probably have argument for most beautiful 2D game around.

Nah.. its not like PC Gamer have a thing for eyecandy right.

But...you already have it around.

Not saying I DON'T want it ported, saying it's not exactly a huge loss compared to other games.

Messiah

Madness, I'd actually rather have P4 Arena on Steam than P4.

Vuze

Your truly.
I'd buy God Eater in a heartbeat and considering it runs at 60fps on PS4 (doesn't it?) even a "console parity" port should be alrighty.

Yet they're re-releasing it.
And Nep Nep games sold really well on Steam as you so graciously posted evidence of a few pages back.
I know, I was just confused why you'd complain about the lack of a PC version for Odin Sphere when there are about 100 better ATLUS games that arent on PC

I own the PS2 version and already dumped the iso, but the rerelease apparently fixes some of the glaring issues from the original release.

Atlus' insistence on ignoring the PC platform is frustrating.

The biggest problem was that you'd play the same game 5 times. Not sure how they can fix that.
True, but the PS4/Vita re-imagining looks like a massive improvement.

I'd take it and Dragon's Crown over any of the SMTs.
I think they should port SMT3 as a test. I bet it'd do great numbers. But Dragon's Crown would be cool too.

Arthea

hold on a second people, why do you think Odin Sphere is Atlus game again?
I must be missing something here. IP may belong to them, IDK, but I thought it's Vanillaware game, and it's nothing like any other Atlus game.

Have you played Persona 4 Arena? It's a fantastic fighting game.
I didn't, remember EU debacle? I decided I won't pay for only PS3 region locked game that came out a year later and more expensive, not a fan of Atlus treatment of EU in general too.

Corpekata

Banned
hold on a second people, why do you think Odin Sphere is Atlus game again?
I must be missing something here. IP may belong to them, IDK, but I thought it's Vanillaware game, and it's nothing like any other Atlus game.

They are involved with the new port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom