• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordAmused

This new thread smell reminds me of the digital game boxes...wait, what?

Karasaki looks very good, added to wishlist.

Sch1sm

I haven't looked at the unedited version of that in a week. Soz if you've submitted your name and I've not updated it. I'll pull my finger out tomorrow if it needs any attention.

Well that thread is off to a great start!

Would be smart to edit the form so the region bit is a dropdown - they look a bit all over the place in the spreadsheet. Either way, thanks for it. Good way to keep track outside of just asking the entire thread what their ID is.

Dr Dogg

Why has a shmup got lolis in it? o_O

That's a big can of worms you're opening up there.

Would be smart to edit the form so the region bit is a dropdown - they look a bit all over the place in the spreadsheet. Either way, thanks for it. Good way to keep track outside of just asking the entire thread what their ID is.

Well I'd then have to enter the selections myself manually and seeing as we're quite a diverse bunch in here I don't want to end up missing somebody's region out and be called a regionist. I'll clean the whole spreadsheet up tomorrow and such.

Arthea

IDK why I find stamina based games so stressful but I do.
I wish we could get rid of that concept in gaming in general. Who's with me?

Oh nice, it's March already. It'll be my favorite month of the year.

And of course we don't have the Division banner on the first post because it's just another boring, brainless Ubisoft game.

Uzzy

Support your (maybe not so) local fighting games!

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/388750/

2 more days!

Looks good. I picked it up on the PS3 and enjoyed it, but it'll be much nicer to play on my PC.

Hopefully we'll see proper lobbies come to SFV in March, along with some other content.

Sch1sm

I don't know about that. It's sort of good to have in some games. Adds half a second of realism when you realise your character can't sprint like he/she's Usain Bolt 24/7. I'm sure you could find a mod that removes it for most games, though.

Pachimari

Wow, the threads up early. No Hitman in the OP though and I would argue it's the biggest release of the month. Unfortunately I can't find the time myself.

Hitman can't possibly be the biggest release this month. Because... I didn't even know it was releasing soon.
270/270
239/270
239/270

I don't know that this is a battle you can win.

In seriousness, I like stamina/resource management in games, provided the game is actually designed around its inclusion. New Vegas handled it well, even in its optional Hardcore mode or whatever, and the Jesawyer mod took it to the next level. Stardew Valley operates similar to classic Harvest Moon, where stamina and time management are key in using the days well. And there's player mods for games like Skyrim that make exploration itself a kind of resource management game, with the hypothermia mod, for example.

It adds a level of metagame that I enjoy, beyond just the normal gameplay.

I just noticed a new category that has been added to library called STEAMVR removing some games from main library and adding those compatible with Steam VR to it. How to to remove such category? It just bothers me that I almost went crazy thinking some of my games were removed from my library to find out that I need to scroll the whole library down to find those games. Usless since none of us has such device. They must let us choose whther to add such category or not and not forcing us to acknowledge Steam VR device.

Dr Dogg

After the piss easy and exploitable Instant Kills in Xrd I don't know if I could go back to traditional ASW mechanics in BB:CPE. Actually what am I talking about I only play these games for the whacky VN story modes. Saying that the lobby system in PS3 CP (and I guess the newer console versions and P4AU) should be fighting game standard.

rtcn63

Finishing the trilogy, I'm replaying Dead Space 1. There's just something about it that screams "survival horror" that the later games don't. I think it's silent protagonist and the intro that's reminiscent of Alien and the like- small crew arriving in unknown place. And Isaac's gait makes it obvious he's not combat ready.

Also, I wonder if Binding of Isaac takes place in Dead Space Isaac's head at some point.

Pachimari

I just noticed a new category that has been added to library called STEAMVR removing some games from main library and adding those compatible with Steam VR to it. How to to remove such category? It just bothers me that I almost went crazy thinking some of my games were removed from my library to find out that I need to scroll the whole library down to find those games. Usless since none of us has such device. They must let us choose whther to add such category or not and not forcing us to acknowledge Steam VR device.
You can't remove it.

Uzzy

I get it, March is traditionally the month Arsenal crash out of all competitions, and as they crashed out the Premier League title race today, MRORANGE was naturally confused.

Grief.exe

Support your (maybe not so) local fighting games!

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/388750/

2 more days!

I'm not hugely familiar with the genre, but I feel that ArcSys is flooding the market with too many titles for the size of the consumer base to handle.

I'm sure it's fine since the cost is negligible and the cost of initial development has already been covered by the console version, so it's essentially all profit. Hopefully both the consumers and ArcSys have limited expectations for sales numbers.

Uraizen

Banned
Yeah, but that one's only in Japanese arcades.

Might as well not be acknowledged in the west yet.

I'm not hugely familiar with the genre, but I feel that ArcSys is flooding the market with too many titles for the size of the consumer base to handle.

I'm sure it's fine since the cost is negligible and the cost of initial development has already been covered by the console version, so it's essentially all profit. Hopefully both the consumers and ArcSys have limited expectations for sales numbers.

You would be surprised how split the fanbase is on each game. Not to mention the fans of the genre tend to rebuy them on the platform they perform the best on. Take a guess as to which platform it's best to play them on, heh.

Ventara

Will be keeping an eye on Shardlight and Slain. The pixel graphics in Slain looks AMAZING. I'm not a fan of the old retro-look, but the amount of detail in this game's art has me mesmerized.

Deponia 4 and Samorost 3.

Oh snap! Are these 2 coming out this month?

Eila

All their arcade games run on PC hardware. I imagine that's the reason why they've been able to put out so many of them in such a short time.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
A new thread already? I didn't even get a chance to catch up on the old one. It was getting superhot! Oh well.

I've finally sold off most of my extra cards and the few foils that had been lingering in my inventory worth more than $0.05 , but now I'm left with that which will never sell or not be worth it. Is there a research or study or tool out there that would help me determine if I would get more out of turning them to gems or by buying the other cheap cards (for "everyone has this five times over" bundle games) and doing the badges?

Jawmuncher

Might as well not be acknowledged in the west yet.

You would be surprised how split the fanbase is on each game. Not to mention the fans of the genre tend to rebuy them on the platform they perform the best on. Take a guess as to which platform it's best to play them on, heh.

Shame vita never got persona arena

AHA-Lambda

I'm surprised The Division and Hitman didn't get mentioned in the OP when they're the biggest releases of the month.

Dr Dogg

Everyone knows Steam + Anime = ££€€$$!!! And BlazBlue is probably the most anime anything ever. Think of a generalised anime trope and BlazBlue probably has it covered on multiple bases.

I'm surprised The Division and Hitman didn't get mentioned in the OP when they're the biggest releases of the month.

Was going to do something so El Divisionoso but I think I've burnt myself out of recommendations for the while. Plus everyone has at least had a chance to try it out for themselves if they really are intrested in it and will know much better than anything I could write.

New thread? new giveaway.
some extra keys I had as well as something new.
good luck.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SockyJohnson, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metro: Last Light Redux -- MB-752AE34363A5C8CE - Taken by dave is ok. 19 entrants total.
Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-29B5ED3B6174AA31 - Taken by texhnolyze. 6 entrants total.
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-290E063FB76DCCB9 - Taken by Costa1774. 3 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-4A5A0C72FE4BC0CF - Taken by SSPssp. 47 entrants total.
Tiny Troopers -- MB-AEBE36E832C17C04 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Metro 2033 Redux -- MB-CB8CC66701AEFBA8 - Taken by Iron Badger. 11 entrants total.

t1456712443z1.png

Storywise, how is BlazBlue? And are all the entries on Steam?

well the story mode is pretty decent , theres a story mode for each character and a final chapter that unlocks after completing the rest, about the other question the game thats missing on steam is Blazblue Continuum Shift but Continuum Shift Extend is basically the same game with some extra content ( this one also has a short version of the story mode of Blazblue Calamity Trigger so you only need that for the story )

Balrum is releasing this month. It should be noted. (I don't actually know a thing about it, save that I feel I should know everything about it.)

It sounds really cool from the store description:
Balrum's Store Page said:
Balrum is an old-school, hybrid turn-based, open world indie RPG with deep tactical combat. Explore a huge living fantasy world with dozens of side quests next to an epic main quest. In addition to traditional RPG features Balrum has deep crafting which allows the player to craft their own custom items. Balrum also features farming your own crops, building your home, and survival mechanics complemented by the game's main features. In Balrum you will have a faithful animal companion as your pet. Your pet is fully controllable and adds greatly to the complexity of the combat.

The player takes control of a young man whose peaceful life is suddenly interrupted by events which will change his life forever.

God, that Shardlight's screenshot (and Wadjet Eye's games in general, I guess) is hard to look at.
No way.

(Rosangela Blackwell from Blackwell Legacy.)
tumblr_lvyr91jCbV1r3pxn3.jpg

Wadjet Eye's pixel art has always been on point.

Adry9

Guys, I think I lost my Dark Souls 2 save with almost 30h into the game...

I picked it up on day 1 but I was so disappointed with it that I didn't finish it. Now that DS3 is coming up I finally decided to give it a second chance, but when I opened it I couldn't click continue. The thing is, DS2 doesn't support Steam Cloud for some reason. On top of that, From decided to keep the save file in AppData/Roaming, instead of the game folder or "Documents" like any other game. So when I upgraded to Windows 10, even though I chose to keep my files, and made a backup of my "Documents" folder just in case, my save got deleted. Fuck. This.

Anyone know if there might be a way to recover it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom