• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

mortal

Gold Member
J9RFXY7.png

J9nPOYb.png

J9R3e0N.png

J9nQpOG.png

J9xYm1s.png

J9oaIHl.png

J9KJ1dF.png

J9n4zFa.png

J9xoAyg.png

J9xwMUN.png

J9T4bZx.png

J9TXiMJ.png

schdmi.jpg
schdmk.jpg
scmlzl.jpg

scmlzj.jpg
scmlzk.jpg
schdmj.jpg

scmlzm.jpg
Starfield-Screenshot-008.jpg
starfield-review-screenshots-uhjn.jpg

bethesdasoftworks-projectgold-3275kfvn8vcwc-Screenshot-2023-09-01-14-59-56-75.png
Starfield-Screenshot-011.webp
4k-xbox-games-showcase-starfield-direct-42-47-screenshot-1686505619209.jpg

J9TNLxt.jpg

BANNER-EXTENDED-MEDIA-v2.png

🌹OT title suggested by cormack12 cormack12

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
J9RCjXn.png

• Text Version •

GENERAL INFORMATION ℹ️

J9uceUX.png

Modes — Single-Player
Genres — Adventure, Role-playing Game
Developer — Bethesda Game Studios
Publisher — Bethesda Softworks
Platforms — PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xcloud
Rating — Mature, PEGI 18, CERO D
Release Date — September 6, 2023

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS 🖥️

J9uceUX.png

MINIMUMRECOMMENDED
OSWindows 10 version 21H1 (10.0.19043)Windows 10/11 with updates
CPUAMD Ryzen 5 2600X
Intel Core i7-6800K
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Intel i5-10600K
MEMORY16GB RAM16GB RAM
GPUAMD Radeon RX 5700
NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti
AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
DirectXVersion 12Version 12
NETWORK-Broadband Internet connection
STORAGE125 GB (SSD required)125 GB (SSD required)

DEVELOPMENT STAFF ⚙️

J9uceUX.png

GAME DIRECTORTodd Howard
DESIGNERSEmil Pagliarulo
Brian Chapin
William Shen
Alan Nanes
Zachary Wilson
Kurt Kuhlmann
Jeff Browne
ARTISTSIstvan Pely
Matt Carofano
John Gravato
Felipe Nogueira
Ben Carnow
Nadia Haschart
Dane Olds
Ryan Sears
Matt Carofano
Keith Beltramini
Ryan Salvatore
Kaela Smith
LEAD ANIMATORRick Vicens
AUDIO DIRECTORMark Lampert
COMPOSERInon Zur
TECHNICAL DIRECTORChristopher Rodriguez
SENIOR UI PROGRAMMERDana Christo
PRODUCTION DIRECTORAngela Browder
PRODUCERSTim Lamb
Jamie Mallory
Maja Jevremovic
Jamie Malllory
Jean-Francois Levesque
MANAGING DIRECTORAshley Cheng

OVERVIEW 📖

J9uceUX.png

FOR ALL, INTO THE STARFIELD

In the year 2330, humanity has ventured beyond our solar system, settling on new planets, and living as a spacefaring people.
You will join Constellation – the last group of space explorers seeking rare artifacts throughout the galaxy – and navigate the vast expanse of space.
The journey you take with Constellation is just the first of many you'll embark on. The settled systems are home to all kinds of different stories, people, and adventures for you to uncover.

EXPLORE THE FINAL FRONTIER

Venture through the stars and explore more than 1000 planets. Navigate bustling cities, explore dangerous bases, and traverse wild landscapes.
Meet and recruit a memorable cast of characters, join in the adventures of various factions, and embark on quests across the Settled Systems.

CHARACTER 🧑‍🦲

J9uceUX.png

SCULPT YOUR STORY

Start your journey by customizing your appearance and deciding your Background and 3 optional traits that come with their own unique advantages and disadvantages.
Picking from a lineup of 40 presets as a starting point, craft the appearance of your character. Ranging from hair, makeup, blemishes, scars, piercings, teeth, and more.
The choice is yours to decide who you will be and what you will become.

[SKILLS]

Expand your capabilities across the 5 skills of Physical, Social, Combat, Science, & Tech.
Leveling up provides a skill point, which can be used to unlock or rank up skills.
Ranks are unlocked by completing challenges associated with that skill.

EXPLORATION 🌏

J9uceUX.png

CHART YOUR COSMIC COURSE

From the Starmap, you have an overview of a planet's info and resources. Choose a landing spot or fast travel to known locations.
You can also survey all the planets in that star system that have key locations, missions, or potential life on them.
Zoom out even further to view all the star systems in that region of the galaxy, where you can plot a course to ones that are light years away
using your ship's Grav Drive to fold space and jump to those systems. Upgrade your ship and skills to jump to the most distant ones.

DISCOVER, COLLECT, BUILD

Explore the cities and wilderness of planets. Discover the fauna, flora, and resources needed to craft everything from medicine and food to equipment and weapons.
Build outposts with livable quarters and hire a crew to passively extract materials and establish cargo links to transfer resources between them.
Invest these raw materials into research projects to unlock unique crafting recipes.

STARSHIPS 🚀

J9uceUX.png

CAPTAIN THE SHIP OF YOUR DREAMS

Starships serve as essential means of travel, enabling players to journey between planets and star systems,
engage in combat with enemy vessels, and dock and board other ships and structures in space.

[SHIP CUSTOMIZATION]

Ship manufacturers bring their own look and feel to every piece of your ship. From living quarters to cargo holds, mess halls, and control rooms.
Personalize the look of your ship and modify critical systems including grave drive, weapons, and shields.
You can have modules within your ship for crafting or storing your weapons.
Every spaceport has a ship technician where you can purchase, sell, and modify ships.

COMPANIONS & CREW 👩‍❤️‍👨

J9uceUX.png

NAVIGATE THE STARS TOGETHER

Assign companions to serve on your crew to provide unique bonuses.

Each companion comes with their own valuable skills for your ships and outposts, as well as unique quest lines.
Hire additional crew at spaceports or meet potential crew in the wild.

Eventually, some friendships might even blossom into romance.

COMBAT 🔫

J9uceUX.png

TRIUMPH OR DIE

Space can be a dangerous place. A refined combat system gives you the tools to deal with any situation.
Whether you prefer long-range rifles, laser weapons, or demolitions, each weapon type can be modified to complement your playstyle.
Zero-G environments add a chaotic spectacle to combat, while boost packs give players freedom to maneuver like never before.

[SPACEFLIGHT]

In deep space, you will engage in high-stakes dogfights, encounter random missions, and dock at spaceports.
You can hail any ship you come across to trade, swap information, and even board and commandeer enemy ships to add to your collection.

MEDIA 🎥

J9uceUX.png

ANNOUNCEMENT

TEASER

GAMEPLAY_A

GAMEPLAY_B

GAMEPLAY DEEP DIVE

LIVE ACTION TRAILER

THE SETTLED SYSTEMS — Animated Anthology

INTO THE STARFIELD — Dev Discussions

REVIEWS THREAD

Last edited:

GladiusFrog

Amazing game, my GOTY.

40hrs in, constantly finding things that make me smile.

Bethesda Game Studios put so much love and care into their games, it really shows.

Thank you to all the developers who have worked for the last 7 or more years creating this awe-inspiring adventure.

Excellent [OT] 👍

Last edited:
I wish someone makes a mod where it replaces the soundtrack with Mass Effect 1 and 2. Don't get me wrong Starfield soundtrack is iconic, but it's nowhere near the levels of goosebumps and immersion compared to Mass Effect. I wish it had more synths, combat would of been more exciting. And I miss the Maas Effect ambience.

Also, this game needs to have VR added. So I can poop my pants harder when fighting killer robots or aliens. Anyone else?

Also, can someone mod in space mice? So our friend kanjobazooie kanjobazooie can stop suffering.

Last edited:
Main OT up and I'm stuck here at work unable to play, Instead I'm looking up Starfield stuff on the internet.
Edit-I managed to get up to level 8 during the early access. I think I was probly the slowest player of the bunch.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: Isa
Yep, 100%. I've done like 1 main mission, barely anything on any of the factions.
Same! I played for a good like 4 to 5 hours yesterday only doing a few jobs and exploring. I didn't even do actual faction missions yet! This game is literally going to have hundreds and hundreds of hours, especially if you're a player that takes the world in more rather than just mission jumping constantly.

Nfactor_AF

Neo Member
I'm gonna say it, Starfield is GOTY followed closely by Baldur's Gate 3. 2023 is the year of generation defining RPG's. It's so fucking good, it really is wild. Howard is mostly redeemed, not fully til his team over there fix the performance on PC for everyone. The soundtrack for Starfield is absolutely god-tier too, jesus christ it's so good lol

Matt_Fox

Remember my friends this game's a marathon not a sprint.

My first session was enjoyable but it's also very much about slowly becoming familiar and comfortable with the UI, the controls, the systems, the lore... and this comes from a veteran of previous Bethesda RPGs. Patience and your full attention is rewarded by an incredibly compelling experience.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
There was a technical glitch with the merge and limits of posts so apologies for that. We've just restored the OT as it was and will have to wave goodbye to the early access one which is a shame but it will knock out the real OT with timestamps. I'll see if I can get an admin to do it in the database later to maintain the thread authors.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Man. I look back on my first two days with Starfield. I was such a kid back then. I didn’t know what I was doing. Now, I’m still learning what this game has to offer. I’ve barely touched on the outpost stuff.

I have no idea how anyone could legitimately review this game in only two weeks.

Top Bottom