• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield coming 'Late 2022', Guardians title will be shown at Square

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still very very early in development.
Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

Hezekiah

Banned
Press sneak fuck J Schrier has aired some insider tidbits from his podcast.

Apparently Starfield will be announced for 'late 2022' (possibly 2023 at this point, which means tragically no Elder Scrolls until the PS6 and Series X2 are out around 2026 or 2027 :p ).

He also said:
- a Guardians of the Galaxy game will be shown at Square
- Far Cry after 6 will have a radical change for the series.
- Skull and Bones will release in late 2022 or beyond.

People expecting Starfield this year we're in fantasy land as I said.

No date for Everwild then?

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Not surprising. They've shown literally nothing of the game. I don't see how (in some people's minds) this translates to a major reveal out of thin air, when it actually means it's not far along enough yet. As for Elder Scrolls: I was watching an interview with Todd Howard from a few years back, and he said the technology they need for what they envision Elder Scrolls 6 to be wasn't even there yet! It was only in early pre-production at the time.

Very brave of Jason to put his neck out like this on something that will be right or wrong very soon.

Brave and Jason Scheier in the same sentence? First time for everything, I guess.

Reminder that Schreier holds a grudge against Besthesda for being blacklisted. You can't trust anything out of his mouth about them.

He holds a grudge against Sony Santa Monica and Naughty Dog both, which is an inconveniant truth for those trying to paint him as some kind of Playstation shill. He's also at loggerheads with CDPR and Jason Cundy i think.

Schrier added some more info:

Starfield and Guardians of the Galaxy are not exactly closely guarded industry secrets. None of the other things here are E3 announcements. What're you complaining about

On why Starfield getting a release date so far out from release:

I can't speak to why they're doing (it), only what they're doing, but I'd speculate that they're thinking a new IP requires more of a marketing strategy than a new Fallout game.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Smoke6

I think the sad news is how far away Starfield is as that has implications on a new Fallout or ES coming any time soon.

Unless the new entries for both those are being turned into online or Gamepass small scale titles, we'll be lucky to see new entries at the back end of this whole damn gen.
I’d been said that most of that acquisition wouldn’t bare fruit til next gen! You might get one exclusive by then and that’s it! Elder scrolls is still up in the air for this gen!

I’m honestly beginning to think that Beyond Good and Evil 2 will never come out. I’m not surprised at the rumored Starfield release date. I think that’s when it’s coming out as well.

Elysion

Banned
Seriously, if this means that there won‘t be another ES until the end of the gen (or the gen after that even!) then I don‘t know what to say. How is it possible that the most successful rpg in the world most likely won‘t get a sequel for (at least!) fifteen years!?

If I was MS I would put one (or several) of their numerous studios to work on the next ES, whether Bethesda likes it or not. This is by far the biggest and most important IP they now own, and they should do all in their power to get another installment out ASAP.

Last edited:
Seriously, if this means that there won‘t be another ES until the end of the gen (or the gen after that even!) then I don‘t know what to say. How is it possible that the most successful rpg in the world most likely won‘t get a sequel for (at least!) fifteen years!?

If I was MS I would put one (or several) of their numerous studios to work on the next ES, whether Bethesda likes it or not. This is by far the biggest and most important IP they now own, and they should do all in their power to get another installment out ASAP.

I'm starting to conclude that Ellder Scrolls as we know it - in its Oblivion and Skyrim form - is dead, and the future of the i.p is some online crap like Bethesda's last few games, cos like you said, the next ES not coming for another 4 years minimum is a criminal waste of the IP.And that's not to mention Fallout, which I prefer.

In a wider sense I question whether going forward MS wants to create any expensive AAA franchise title outside of Halo. Starfield could be one but I worry its gonna be online focused or episodic. In any case it's a long way away.

Fredrik

They’ve already tried stressing out titles. It didn’t work out well. What they need now is super polished titles. I can wait.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I can't see ES6 releasing this generation.

Regarding Far Cry, would it be too much to ask for a Far Cry X Jurassic Park cross over game? That's all I want after 6.

kuncol02

Banned
Reminder that Schreier holds a grudge against Besthesda for being blacklisted. You can't trust anything out of his mouth about them.
And some people in Bethesda probably hold grudge against him and would try to undermine his reputation if they would have a chance. I still think that he is still most reliable leaker.

truth411

In all Seriousness its hard for me to imagine MS would have nothing exclusive for the Xbox till 2023 outside of Halo Infinite. That would be mind boggling.
Halo Infinite was originally meant to be a launch title last year, that means they had to have a game in mind to release for the holidays this year.
Releasing only 1 AAA game in 3 years for a new Console launch? Id doubt it, we must be missing something.

In all Seriousness its hard for me to imagine MS would have nothing exclusive for the Xbox till 2023 outside of Halo Infinite. That would be mind boggling.
Halo Infinite was originally meant to be a launch title last year, that means they had to have a game in mind to release for the holidays this year.
Releasing only 1 AAA game in 3 years for a new Console launch? Id doubt it, we must be missing something.
There's GamePass until the AAA's hit. Well at least that's how I understand it going off current events and if it does turn out that Halo will be the only tentpole title until 2023 though that would give PlayStation free reign and I doubt Phil and co want that to happen.

There's GamePass until the AAA's hit. Well at least that's how I understand it going off current events and if it does turn out that Halo will be the only tentpole title until 2023 though that would give PlayStation free reign and I doubt Phil and co want that to happen.

I think there will be Forza...so until late 2022:

The Medium
Forza
Halo Infinite

EDMIX

Press sneak fuck J Schrier has aired some insider tidbits from his podcast.

Apparently Starfield will be announced for 'late 2022' (possibly 2023 at this point, which means tragically no Elder Scrolls until the PS6 and Series X2 are out around 2026 or 2027 :p ).

He also said:
- a Guardians of the Galaxy game will be shown at Square
- Far Cry after 6 will have a radical change for the series.
- Skull and Bones will release in late 2022 or beyond.

Barely any really news.

1. Starfield anyone could have fucking stated that, we all here on this forum guessed that shit wasn't coming this year as we don't see enough to REALLY make that claim, shit even 2022 sounds like BS tbh.

2. Guardians Of The Galaxy for several months now had rumors, saying it will be shown at E3 isn't a massive stretch

3. Far Cry 6 will have radical change, shit we know....we can watch the trailers with our eyes ourselves as its clear Ubisoft themselves are showing us those changes, ie 3rd person....

4. Skull and Bones, 2022 "or beyond" is a nice fucking way of saying, maybe, maybe not and when it doesn't get announced for 2022, to be like "come on bro, I said BEYOND" lol

5. Beyond Good and Evil 2 still in early development to me anyway is news. As in...they are not deep into it, not in a full development cycle and I'd say, that is a solid story as one could assume they are in deep development.

A lot of this is meh to be honest.

With Elder Scrolls 6, maybe, maybe not.... Bethesda has multiple teams and with MS owning them, can support them by giving them help so its not Elder Scrolls 6 on Next, next....gen systems lol

If not to support them, why buy them to just leave them with very little help? So I hope not as I love the Elder Scrolls IP and will give Starfield a chance as a new IP, but I really hope they are able to release both during this gen.

I missed the Ubi conference today. No mention of BGEdeux? I Googled BGE2 and searched Gaf sorted by date, didn’t see anything post-conference

Top Bottom